Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Information on dangers/lethality of eliquid

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
    re: obsessions: I don't have an obsession, I have an addiction to nicotine. I am 39 and I have been smoking since I was 13. If you think I never really tried to quit, you'd be dead wrong. In fact I have been able to quit for up to 6 months at a time at three different times in my life. After the last time that I quit, when 6 months had gone by and the dreams and withdrawal symptoms hadn't stopped I asked a man I knew for advice. He was an older man in his late sixties who had quit in his late twenties. I said, "how long is this feeling going to last? When am I going to forget about smoking?" He said, "I still want a cigarette everyday, you just have to make yourself not smoke one." REALLY? I'm going to live everyday without satisfaction? So I decided I never wanted to quit again, I was just going to be a happy and satisfied smoker.

In the case of e-cigarettes, YES it is smart to replace one obsession with another.

re: if someone disagrees do they have the right to come to my safe place and start fires? (because that's what's really going on here): Look, I don't go to the weight watchers support group and start un-researched rumors that the "meal plan" that they send you will cause cancer. I don't need someone coming in here and telling me that my chosen alternative to killing myself with cigarettes might be bad for me. WE all know it hasn't been proven safe. All we know to be 100% true is that the choices are vaping or smoking cigarettes and cigarettes will kill you dead. If you don't agree with my personal choices, why are you on this forum? - it doesn't concern you, it's not hurting you in any way, the more people that you chase away from e-cigs the more smokers you'll have sitting next to you at the tables outside the cafe -- it's mind boggling to me that you "care" enough about peoples health that you'd be willing to convince them to keep smoking. What's up with that?

re: nobody is trying to steal our candy: That's where you are wrong. We have been in a struggle with a lot of different state governments who, BASED ON FAULTY INFORMATION like the untrue junk that shows up on this forum, are trying to make e-cigs illegal everyday. In fact, we are fighting NY right now. We almost lost CA, but it was overturned. Yes, they are trying to take our candy - even worse, if they do take our candy most of us will end up smoking again.

re: must have more to worry about in my life: Yes, I have a lot of more important things to worry about in my life and I'd like to live a long time so that I will be able to worry about them for many years to come. If e-cigs are made illegal I'll worry about the important things in my life while smoking a Camel Filter, if e-cigs get to remain legal then I'll worry about them with an e-cig in my hand.

The trolls always think that if e-cigs go away, we'll just quit vaping. They forget that MOST smokers are never able to quit in their lifetimes - if e-cigs go away most of us will end up at the gas station buying a pack of cigarettes. I don't know why they can't let us have a less harmful alternative?
    Very well stated, Rosa! +++1

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidLover View Post
    Who in there right mind would want 36mg liquid???.... seems a bit excessive unless you are a laboratory.
    Maybe when you have vaped for more than 5 minutes and been on this forum more than a few days, you will be able to answer that question without making this type of "ill-informed" statement. Try to get out more - not everyone is just like you.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by crbrown View Post
    If we don't use these "troll" opportunities to counter what they say in a clear manner then they have indeed achieved their mission, they have planted doubt.
    That's a pretty damn good point you make there.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crbrown View Post
    Well stated Mysti
    + 2 Mysti....

OP sounds original. The lack of rebuttal on there part points to a search for information and less about stirring the pot. I could be wrong, but, better to respond calmly, then dog pile defensively. At least until evidence proves otherwise.

PD1, I hope you question was answered and you aren't affected by the paranoia. No offense everyone.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Oakland, I didn't read all of the thread but I am assuming you were/are a smoker of regular cigarettes. You are correct that there is potential for harm to children if users of ecigs do not take precautions just as there are with regular cigarettes and lighters and matches. How many people leave cigs and lighters within reach of kids? As to the ecig, yes a child could take a cartridge and potentially choke but it is thicker than a pen cap which is a common choking item. Most ecigs require one to hold a button for at least 5 seconds for the atty to heat the liquid and then a long drag. How many young children will be able to figure this out on their own and have the dexterity? I think this is much safer than the safety latch on lighters. One thing that you did not mention, which a few other users and I wrote about is the little round top of the mouth piece coming off. Be sure to press it down to make sure it isn't loose. I think it might be prudent for all ejuice suppliers to include a reminder to store juices away from children. I am sorry that you had some flavors that you didn't like and hope you will try others so you continue with vaping if you prefer it over smoking.

Super Member* ECF Veteran Silent Soldier's Avatar

I don't usually feed troll's, I tend to go with zoo rules on that. However, I have to point out that aside from the disposable I tried for a day I haven't vaped (mostly because the Ego I ordered won't arrive till later today ) and I still feel it can't be any worse than analogs. I've spent about $220 on vaping supplies so far and have no doubts about my decision. I know it will work and I know it will be much better for me than analogs. nuff said.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

For the OP. I have been vaping for about three weeks now (Very happy - PAINLESSLY cut down to five cigs the first week and now down to 0). Unfortunatly I can answer your question about juice in and on the mouth as I was experiencing tech difficulties and had this happen quite a few times. I did not get sick from it, although it tastes horrid and does cause a burning feeling on the lips for a while. Unpleasant enough to not want to repeat the experience if at all possible and DEFINATELY will make you not even consider a sip of the juice - let alone a whole bottle.
    Hope that helps a little.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567