e juice steeping????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: e juice steeping????

Full Member ECF Veteran Dragline's Avatar

Question e juice steeping????

I have read several reviews on various liquids, many of which mention the flavor increasing or getting better after letting the juice steep for some amount of time, some even mention my situation of not really caring for the liquid right out of the mail, but loving them later, however none of them really describe the process. Or at least none of the reviews I have read anyway.

So what is the proper process for letting e liquid steep. Cap on or off, sitting out on the counter or put up I'm the dark, In the fridge, at room temp, near a low heat source???

I have some new bottles of 100% VG that are okay, or I am not really liking them right out of the mail box but if sweeping will improve them I'd like to give that a go before trying to sell or swap them on the classified threads.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Dragline; 02-10-2011 at 04:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    Joytech e-Roll, Innokin iTaste VV V3 (chameleon), ProVari V2.5 (red/black hybrid)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's all in your preference. Some veterans say to leave the cap off overnight or 24 hours then put it back on and wait. Others say you shouldn't do this. I do leave the cap off overnight then let them steep for at least a week. Some juices may not need to steep. Others may be awful in the beginning but great after a week. Finally, some juice will just always taste nasty to you. You do need to put them in a place where direct sunlight isn't hitting them. I have them in my cool basement. The refrigerator also works great but you should take them out and let the juice warm to room temperature before you use it. I've read the frige helps the juice last longer but never tried it myself. If the juice is made to order, let it steep. If the juice is already pre-made (like Dekang) you should be good to go right out of the mail. Hope this helps!

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

It varies. Some leave it uncovered (out of real of children and pets) overnight (and by uncovered I mean you also have to pop out the drip tip - pushing sideways on it will usually pop it out). You could try it then. If not better yet, let sit covered (put the drip tip back in, cover back on) for a week or several weeks.

Some say leaving it open overnight its too much and that the nicotine level will reduce if you do that. They say a couple of hours open should be enough.

Re VG juices - least TH, and often dulled flavor too. I like 70pg/30pg or around there, sometimes 80pg/20vg. And some of my dessert flavors are 50/50.

I take the cap of and let it sit over night. Replace the cap, give it a shake then store it in a dark location. I have a "juice box" I got at Hobby Lobby pretty cheap. Then a week or so I try it again. If I still don't get into it, I put it back in the box. Now if it still has a "strong" smell to it I might even let it sit uncapped over night again. Then put it back in the box for a week or so.

I have also found that the flavors I like change frequently. So what is my favorite today well tomorrow I may get up and be like ewww. So back to the box it goes and I try dripping some of the other flavors until I find the one that is my new favorite for the next couple days. I did find I have a "base" favorite which is my menthol/mint undertone.

Guess what I am saying is don't dismiss any of your juice till you have gone back and tried it several times over a couple months. If it still isn't working for you then you may want to trade it out or save it for a rainy day when you just don't have any juice on hand. However, I am only in about 2 1/2 months and I have build up a years supply of juice, so I am sure you will have rainy days covered too. hehe
    Gergely likes this.

Enjoying a new life free from smoke, stink, and ash!!!

PV Master ECF Veteran

If you ever start mixing your own juices you'll discover the wonders of steeping. I haven't mixed a batch yet that didn't improve with time. Some take a day or two, others a week, and others a full month to mature. When I buy or make juice I try it right away. If I like it, I vape it. If I don't I just cap it up and throw it in my stash. Each week I take them back out and taste them again. If they taste right I vape them, if not they go back for another week. Repeat until they either taste good, or you give up on them.
    I've been vaping long enough to know what I like and don't like so I rarely get juice that I won't or can't vape anymore. But if you have some that you just can't stand, consider doing a PIF. I've given most all my nasty stuff away to some desperate souls in need.
    Hardware: Tesla, Vamo v3, Silver Bullet @ 3.7v, Omega @ 3.7v, a pile of 3.7v boxmods. I'm a diehard, old school dripper. There aren't many of us left anymore, too bad because that's how you get the cleanest, tastiest vape.

i leave the cap on and check back periodically - i have so much stock it's not a big deal for me to wait on juices. for example, the bwb 555 i ordered was mediocre at first but now superb 4 weeks later.

Full Member ECF Veteran Dragline's Avatar

Thanks for all the tips. I ordered 5 flavors in small size bottles, two are quite good already, the other 3 are not unvapable just not that great. I will hang on to them for a while and check hack on them periodically to see if they do me any better.
    Joytech e-Roll, Innokin iTaste VV V3 (chameleon), ProVari V2.5 (red/black hybrid)

could test it out with some of the same stuff

If you are using cartomizers, do you just put condoms on the cartomizers that you use to test your flavor and store the carto away (with leftover test juice still in it) along with the flavor while it's steeping?

I gave my brother five bottles of unvapeable e-liquid. Two weeks later he asked me to try his own mix: it was good and it was made out of my e-liquids that had changed in flavour.
    Bailbri likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast