Burning Lips?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning Lips?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Burning Lips?

I'm trying to get my significant other interested in vaping, but when he vapes his PG "Wensten" he says his lips burn and feel numb. He tried some VG Boba's Bounty and said his lips didn't burn, but he just didn't care for it (never heard of anyone who didn't like Boba's Bounty). Nic level is 24 mg on both.

Has anyone else had the sensation of burning lips or numbness when vaping PG? Could the nic level be too high?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by walk1191 View Post
    I'm trying to get my significant other interested in vaping, but when he vapes his PG "Wensten" he says his lips burn and feel numb. He tried some VG Boba's Bounty and said his lips didn't burn, but he just didn't care for it (never heard of anyone who didn't like Boba's Bounty). Nic level is 24 mg on both.

Has anyone else had the sensation of burning lips or numbness when vaping PG? Could the nic level be too high?
    Sounds like he's having leaking or "blowback" problems and he's getting the juice directly on his lips or mouth. Check for over-filling, don't hold the PV with the mouth-peice end down, and watch for leakage would be my advice.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LastoftheBreed View Post
    Sounds like he's having leaking or "blowback" problems and he's getting the juice directly on his lips or mouth. Check for over-filling, don't hold the PV with the mouth-peice end down, and watch for leakage would be my advice.
    +1, when I get juice on my lips it's a burning/numbing sensation.

ECF Veteran

That never even occurred to me. Thanks guys!

Senior Member ECF Veteran MJBinNM's Avatar

Not sure what PV you're using, but you could try adding a drip tip to the carto...I find I get a lot less lip burn when using one compared to just sucking on the carto.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran base234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walk1191 View Post
    Has anyone else had the sensation of burning lips or [I]numbness[I] when vaping PG?
    Yep. Switched to 100% VG. Problem solved.

Yep, getting juice on your lips will definitely do just that! Sucking too hard or flooding the atty will cause it. I hope he gets where he likes it, I know it has been great that my husband has completed this change with me.

ECF Veteran

Thanks for your help, guys. I want so much for him to get into vaping and give up traditional cigarettes. I ordered my kit, jumped right in head first and haven't looked back, and Tuesday of next week will be three weeks for me without analogs. It won't be that simple with him. I'm trying to be supportive.

PV Master ECF Veteran

If you are using a lr atomizer it will hurt. Best thing to do is keep some chap stick handy and an anasecptic non alcohol mouthwash. It will help the pain.

PV Master ECF Veteran

It's nice that he's making some sort of effort anyway, right?

Maybe he's puffing on it wrong, watch him next time... long, slow, easy drags? or quick hard puffs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast