Vaping for dummies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vaping for dummies

Default Vaping for dummies

I just learned that u take long slow hits, think i burned through 25 carts in a week. I have been looking anywhere, and I dont have a lot of patience. After going through them so quickly, I need to know:

- very basic techniques, noob dumbed down version
    - intro to juicingyy
    - model # identification, etc
    - why am I having so many issues? 2 doa batteries, why am I still here?

Thanks, can anyone point me to a dummy guide, basics first. I already purchased hardware from V2

Shafty

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Basic techniques depend, to some extent, on what model you have.

Do you know what model you have?
    Or is that why you asked for information on model identification?

If you don't know what model you have, tell us what you bought, and from where, and we can hopefully help.

Bought 3 of the V2 batteries, 2 doa. Im probably getting ahead of myself, where do I get started

checing out the guide in ur sig, looks like a start

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

My guess, since I have no idea what equipment you have

DoA batteries - my guess is you bought either an inferior or clone ecig or you have automatic batteries (much more easily killed by juice leaks) or both? It is also possible to kill equipment by charging them on a PC's USB then getting a static shock touching the PC (somebody killed a PCC that way.). I use a 4-port 2amp USB to AC adapter with my battery cables.

Carts - a guess - You are not refilling them because you don't have ejuice, don't know how, or because you bought some "name" brand on the web that is hoping you won't figure out how to fill them and they may have even crippled them a bit for refilling (for example by selling cartomzers with glued on caps on the mouth end?

What ecig do you have?
    Last edited by dormouse; 02-26-2011 at 12:44 AM.

V2 - 2 auto, 1 manual - burn thru 5 carts a day, and I smoked less than a pack b4

good read so far dc2. Main goal, if I stick with this, I dont want to keep paying to burn through prefills in no time flat. I've gone through what I had to last a month in a little over a week. I'd rather fill my own, I would like to start simple and learn over time

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

That's because many "name" brands lie and say a cartomizer lasts as long as a pack of cigs. They don't. You have to add juice. if you keep them damp with juice, you should be able to get 4-7 days use out of one carto. If you run them dry you will singe the stuffing and ruin the flavor.

If you can easily pop the mouth-end cap out of a carto and see stuffing (or an inner seal you can pop out and then see stuffing) then you can add ejuice. If the caps are hard or impossible to get out then you could try the carto condom fill method of pushing juice into the carto

And you are in luck because even if they use hard caps or glue on the caps, V2 is a KR808D-1 so you can use blank KR808D-1 cartos (like the Premium ones at LiteCigUSA.net) and you can use cartos from Vapor4Life and they are soft-cap.

The intended way to fill soft-cap cartos - I usually just hold a tissue on the other end and I get the pop the mouth-end cap out easily with an unbent paperclip inserted just enough to pop it out. And when done adding juice I make sure the threaded end is dry and then I puff into the threaded end to try to make sure the air channel is clear.
    One video - this one is using a 510 carto but same idea.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeaqRV4PmzA
    Last edited by dormouse; 02-26-2011 at 01:03 AM.

also, I am only half way into my 30day money back guarantee, If I went the wrong route, its a good time to correct

yeah, I was able to pop it off

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast