harsh acrid taste...burnt taste. why?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: harsh acrid taste...burnt taste. why?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default harsh acrid taste...burnt taste. why?

ok. maybe this is the burnt taste people speak of, but I describe it as an acrid, very harsh taste every few drags.

I have tried different fillers and ultimately am using the blue foam. Now, I have the riva. the foam in the cart is wicking because the exposed end is wet. when I get this taste, I am still getting thick vapor, it just tastes bad. If I let it sit a bit it goes away but then comes back. Since there is still thick vapor I wouldn't think the atty is dry, so what could be the problem?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You could be chain vaping the thing and the cart can not feed the atty fast enough. Try this. Take an empty carty (no filler), drip 3 drops on the bridge of the atty, place empty cart on atty and take about 8 or 10 drags (assuming standard resistance 510 atty). Pull empty cart and repeat. If this solves the problem then the above is correct and you will be looking for a Drip Tip. Hope that helps

Triple Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

have to wonder if your wick is burnt. did you try washin it?

the foam is new and doesn't seem burnt. I guess I am just vaping too much and the atty camt keep up?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tybin View Post
    have to wonder if your wick is burnt. did you try washin it?

I was going to suggest the same thing but I reread the OP and it is stating after a few drags the taste apears. That is what makes me think the atty is not getting enough juice to keep up with demand. I guess we will find out if OP tries the drip suggestion and if taste is stilll there a good cleaning or a "wickectomy".

Triple Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

i mean the wick on the atty

edit: ah i see live2ski already posted.nevermind

Super Member ECF Veteran icemanx3's Avatar

As suggested, the foam may be fine but the "wick" that passes through your coil could be burnt. May wan't to try cleaning out your atty. However if that isn't the case, then yes it's quite possible the foam can't transfer enough fluid to your atty fast enough...you could try the dripping, and also maybe try shorter draws, and take some time in between draws. If this persists, you may want to ditch the carts and try a tank or CE2 carto or stick with direct dripping, if that is ok with you?

ice
    (Last analog 10.15.2010)
    Provape Provari VV, MadVapes 3.7V Maxi RoughStack, eGo

ok. I took the atty off and blew it out. dripped a couple drops and took a couple drags with an empty cart. Still got the nasty taste. Do I just need a good cleaning?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You could try a cleaning but as tybin suggested the wick is probably fried. You can pull the bridge and wick but I would grab a new atty. A debridged atty is only good for dripping and you can kill it during the procedure. Hopefully you have an extra atty or 5 in your collection. If not place an order now.

I have the atty soaking now. when I got the riva kit one of the attys was defective, it has no hole in the threaded end. A replacement is on the way. Isn't there a way to disassemble these attys so I can swap parts in the meantime?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast