Condensation in lungs?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Condensation in lungs?

Default Condensation in lungs?

I started vaping about a month ago and have found it life-changing. I love it! After 40 years of heavy smoking I virtually quit tobacco overnight and find vaping just as satisfying as the real thing minus the coughing and chronic shortness of breath. Not to mention the daily expense.

My question is this: I keep thinking it kind of makes sense logically that if you are chronically inhaling vapor into your lungs there have got to be some side effects. If water vapor is entering your lungs in regular amounts wouldn't that eventually start to "pickle" your lungs? Like staying too long in the shower and pruning your fingertips, only in this case from the inside out? There is really no information out there on this specific subject and I'd be very interested to hear other vapors' points of view or thoughts on this. Perhaps it's an ignorant question, but I keep wondering about it.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Most of the vapor is going to be exhaled and the rest is going to be absorbed by the body. It's not going to build up in your lungs or give you pneumonia or "pickle" them. If it was capable of doing that, we'd have long term vapers telling us about it by now.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Plus, it's not water vapor that's going in (though likely water vapor coming out). What you are inhaling is a humectant, so it'll suck all the moisture out of you, not the other way around, that's why it's important to keep drinking water all day when you vape. Some have even theorized that the vapor that you see when you exhale is made partially from the moisture in your lungs (as your lungs are naturally wet like a wet sponge, not dry like balloons).

Thank you, ladies. I can put that one to bed. It will be interesting to see what surfaces a few years from now on the effects of vaping. In any event, it's far better than tobacco, but still, so little is really known about the long term that, again, it will be fascinating to see what transpires. Thank you for your replies.

Senior Member ECF Veteran hippiebrian's Avatar

Heck, it can't be any worse than trying to breathe in southern Florida in August, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hippiebrian View Post
    Heck, it can't be any worse than trying to breathe in southern Florida in August, right?
    live in texas -- i can almost relate to that comment -- but florida has far worse humidity

PV Master ECF Veteran

IMO, I don't think anything will transpire (maybe INspire though, LOL!) but I've done a bunch of research to ease my fears. Did you know that all three of the ingredients that we use are already present in tobacco cigarettes. The FDA makes it sound like we are vaping this crazy chemical concoction, but we aren't vaping anything that we haven't been inhaling with our tobacco smokes for years already.
    http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA-Eci...d-Brochure.pdf
    599 Ingredients added to Cigarettes

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

coming close to my 2 year mark of vaping...chain vaping actually and I've had no problems in the lung department. The only issue I deal with is dehydration or headaches when I vape too much and don't drink enough water.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I was worried about PG/VG buildup as well. Then I did some research through PubMed and Web of Science and found out that inhalation studies on rats and monkeys were performed in the 40's, and no ill effects or buildup were found. I described the articles here.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TeeFour View Post
    I was worried about PG/VG buildup as well. Then I did some research through PubMed and Web of Science and found out that inhalation studies on rats and monkeys were performed in the 40's, and no ill effects or buildup were found. I described the articles here.
    I love this, everybody should click the link provided immediately

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast