Need help with eGo-T
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with eGo-T

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Need help with eGo-T

Just got my eGo-T today, but I have no idea what I'm doing (too used to my eGo). Do I punch out the little hole in the bottom of the tank to fill it? (probably a stupid question, but won't the juice flood the atty once I put the two together if I do that?) Any help would be most appreciated! Thank you!!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hollyberry View Post
    Just got my eGo-T today, but I have no idea what I'm doing (too used to my eGo). Do I punch out the little hole in the bottom of the tank to fill it? (probably a stupid question, but won't the juice flood the atty once I put the two together if I do that?) Any help would be most appreciated! Thank you!!
    Yes, put the tank on the atty and it punches a hole. You might have to open it a little more with a paper clip. Either pry off the top, or if you have a syringe fill it with juice. The juice won't leak out, it creates some sort of a vacuum. You'll see when you fill it and hold it upside down.

Good luck! Make sure to prime the atty. Lots of gunk on it.

Z.A.P.T. Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Slide your fingernail on the flat side of the plastic tank, the end pops off and you can fill it that way. No need to puncture it, the spike inside the atty will do that. You can rinse the tanks out and reuse them too. They don't leak, but if you carry spares with you, save the rubber caps (condoms) to cover them just in case.

*Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness Team
    Copper Creek Posse Motto: Nos nunquam dixit essemus normalis

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bamrz View Post
    Slide your fingernail on the flat side of the plastic tank, the end pops off and you can fill it that way. No need to puncture it, the spike inside the atty will do that. You can rinse the tanks out and reuse them too. They don't leak, but if you carry spares with you, save the rubber caps (condoms) to cover them just in case.
    I was in your neck of the woods today. Took my mom to a doctors visit at Univ of Pa.

And, I got on the interstate and realized I FORGOT MY PV!!!

ECF Veteran

Thanks, y'all! That makes sense! I'll give it a shot.

ECF Veteran

Ok, I tried to fill up several tanks and ended up making a huge mess!!!

In the first one that I tried to fill, I popped the top off and started to add juice, but the juice got stuck at that 2nd little plastic thing with the hole in it and wouldn't drip any further.

So, I tried taking that 2nd piece out and filling it that way, and ended up with juice all over the place (everywhere but the tank).

With the third one, I thought it might help if I put the tank in the atty first before filling it. Again, juice everywhere!!

Help!! What am I doing wrong?

Super Member ECF Veteran toddos's Avatar

Sounds like you popped the whistle tip, not the top of the tank. The "top" here refers to the end that goes into the atomizer, not the end you put in your mouth.

ECF Veteran

If you hold the mouthpiece in your hand, the other end is clear. There's a top on that and it comes off. Take off that little end piece. Now it's like a little cup. Squeeze some juice in, but not all the way to the very top. Replace that little cap. Then stick the mouthpiece with the filled tank onto the atty. You should hear a snap when you press it in place. Take it off to check to see if it's punctured.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by toddos View Post
    Sounds like you popped the whistle tip, not the top of the tank. The "top" here refers to the end that goes into the atomizer, not the end you put in your mouth.
    Oh your right!

I'll see if I can find a video.

In most aspects the first setup of a new of eGo-T tank is pretty failure proof. Just press the new tank into the atty until it completely seats, give the tank a twist. Fill the tank either by removing the fill cap and dripping or a syringe into the puncture hole and your'e good to go.

While I had a problem at first with the atty flooding, I got advice from the dealer how to correct the leakage problem.

The 'wick' is located inside the puncture tube and is made up of really straight and fine fibers and has some kind of 'metal' cap glued over the upper end, the lower ends of the wick fibers are in direct contact with and wets the heater inside the atty. Adjustment of the height of the wick determines whether the eGo-T floods and leaks juice or simply not enough juice gets delivered to the heater.
    The end of the puncture tube is cut at an angle and sometimes the center portion of the tank's fill cap does not cleanly punch completely into the tank and the 'hanging chad' can push the wick farther down the puncture tube than where it should be and the atty will flood. Grab the wick's 'metal' cap with a suitable pair of tweezers and pull the wick back up until it is just even with the top of the puncture tube just to get it into the ball park. Also, avoid using a high pressure stream of water to wash out the atty. The wick is not real tightly gripped by the puncture tube.

While I explained too much about the wick in the last paragraph, I merely wanted to illustrate how important the wick height is.

Getting back to the new cartridge installation, I strongly suggest puncturing all the new carts you have at one time. I had a couple "hanging chads" when I prepared all my new tanks so I only had to re-adjust the wick height once. In my case my wick got pushed too far into the puncture tube so the atty flooded. After a failed attempt to hook the wick with a bent paper clip, I had to pry out the base the puncture tube is welded onto in order to push the wick back up into the puncture tube. A low wick floods the atty, a high wick does not pass enough juice so the vape is too lean, and the atty runs dry after a few puffs.

I was very disappointed with my new eGo-T atty at first but after I got the wick setting right I have to say its the lowest maintenance atty I ever owned.

'Nuff said, enjoy your new vaping device!
    Last edited by butt_ugly; 03-12-2011 at 12:49 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast