Steep e-juice?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steep e-juice?

Question Steep e-juice?

Hi I'm a Newbie and still trying to figure most of this stuff out...
    Can someone tell me what it means to "steep" the e-juice?
    Thank you.

i think it just means to let it "rest" for a while -- some people take the top off and put it in a cool dark place for a few days to let the flavors blend together

I heard the same thing when I first switched to the electronic cigarette and Sheila is right, it basically means to let the cigarette chill for a minute. Continuously toking on your electronic cigarette will only drain your battery and your juice quicker and sometimes when you let the juice steep, it holds the flavor long and the cigarette has a chance to rest and keep its charge for you. I did read online somewhere that people "steep" their juices with water but that is basically diluting it and would cause even more vapors to arise within the cigarette.

IOU
    Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran IOU's Avatar

When peeps talk about steeping your juice, they are just suggesting that you don't use it for a while. Correct, this allows the flavors to permeate the liquid better. Many juices just seem to taste better after sitting for a week or more before you vape them.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Steeping is more important for juices that are mixed to order.

Some juices are great right away, others need some time to mature before they are good. I have noticed that fruit flavors tend to need to steep before they are good. Even some of my favorite juices that were great the day they arrived (FSUSA butterscotch is one example) got better over time. As I i got to the second half of my bottle of butterscotch, it has gotten even better. The vapor production is the same as day 1, but the flavor is richer, sweeter, more complex. I just bought a new 30ml bottle and you can see the difference. The juice in my original bottle is slightly darker and thicker than the bottle that just arrived.

Some need to steep longer than others. I know I am a big fan of instant gratification. I hate having to wait. When I get that bottle of juice, I want to use it the day it arrives. Sometimes USPS helps with the steeping wait. I had two orders that (by no fault of the vendor) took about a week or more to arrive. One came from NY then went to FL and spend 3 days in a sort facility there before coming to Atlanta. Then spent a day in the Atlanta sort before going out for delivery. The second made even less sense. From AZ, it was in ATL the next day. It spent 1 day sitting in ATL sort, then was sent to Memphis where it sat for 3 days before coming back to the same ATL sort facility and sat there for another day before being delivered. I stalk my juice orders online - watching every step they make on their way to me. It is so frustrating to see them being sent to unusual places rather than just coming directly to my house and PV. But, on the positive side, at least they arrive pre-steeped (assuming it isn't a flavor that requires a long steep).

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Steeping - take drip top off for 24 hrs and let it sit. Then let it sit for a week or more. Some juices are better after a month, especially Backwoods Brew. Some juices will be fine upon arrival. Only the vaper will know.

JGG Proto,GGTS, GGTB , Stealth, JGG, Caravela, Polidiac #6, GUS Lord #78, Ti Prometey L.E. #1, Prometey 1, Prometey 2 #1, 17, Achilles #1, Gryphon,Hydra 2, DID, Mini DID, ZAU, ZAG, Hellfire, Iatty, UFS V1, Odysseus, Penelope, Nahual #16, Bliss, Nahual Proto Genisis ,Kato Hammer #536,

Thanks everyone! Now I just have to be able to afford to order enough juice so I can stock up enough so that I can put some aside to "steep"! Especially the juices I really don't like when I first try them, maybe that will help. I also, found on the forum how some people recommend "Freezing" juices -which I'm currently trying on a batch of juices I got from a new supplier which I didn't like any of...I'm hoping that will change the flavor enough that I will like them--if not, I'll try "Steeping"them for a month or so too...

moo

would shaking the juice before filling a cart with it be a good idea? i never really thought of this before, but are some substances in the juice heavier than others and sink to the bottom when the juice is left to sit?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Its a good idea to shake your juice everytime prior to filling your carts/cartos.

NCC
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Like other terms used here (analogs for example) I have an issue with the term steeping.
    It's incorrect.
    But, I agree that aging some juice has a positive effect. Some vendors custom mix upon order. Those seem to benefit the most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast