A little real-life humor...

Thread: A little real-life humor...

Default A little real-life humor...

As expected, I'm new to vaping.

Got my first e-cig a month or so ago, and I just took the plunge and bought a Riva 510 starter kit, that I expect to arrive by Friday at the latest. Analog smokes will soon be a thing of the past.

But where you can use them, and where they are forbidden can be humorous.

The Chicago Metra rail (suburban rail -- commuter trains) has a monthly newsletter. In it, a rider bitched about another rider using an e-cigarette. Metra replied that they had to Google just to find out what an e-cigarette was. But they are now banned from the trains.

On the other hand, I was chatting with a manager of my Jewel (Grocery store). He ended up telling me about when one of his checkout people came to him and said that "There's a person smoking in isle $FOO!". He looked into it, and it was a e-cig. So he told the checkout person that it was okay.

So I can e-smoke while buying groceries, but not on the train...

Krikket
    Last edited by Krikket; 04-12-2011 at 03:50 AM. Reason: It came out in one paragraph! So I'm adding HTML breaks.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Krikket View Post
    As expected, I'm new to vaping.

Got my first e-cig a month or so ago, and I just took the plunge and bought a Riva 510 starter kit, that I expect to arrive by Friday at the latest. Analog smokes will soon be a thing of the past.

But where you can use them, and where they are forbidden can be humorous.

The Chicago Metra rail (suburban rail -- commuter trains) has a monthly newsletter. In it, a rider bitched about another rider using an e-cigarette. Metra replied that they had to Google just to find out what an e-cigarette was. But they are now banned from the trains.

On the other hand, I was chatting with a manager of my Jewel (Grocery store). He ended up telling me about when one of his checkout people came to him and said that "There's a person smoking in isle $FOO!". He looked into it, and it was a e-cig. So he told the checkout person that it was okay.

So I can e-smoke while buying groceries, but not on the train...

Krikket
    Yeah that seems kind of backwards to me

Really, not on Metra? Well, you know, if you stealth vape on the upper level or go into the bathroom, it's all good. They don't seem to have the cameras on Metra trains that the CTA trains have yet, so I think it's still possible, just don't do it openly. Interesting about Jewel, though. I don't usually feel the need to vape where I never used to smoke (like the grocery store), but on Metra, I'd do it anyway (for clarification: I'd vape anyway - I never smoked on Metra; I wasn't a smoker yet back when you could smoke on Metra). I am usually so stressed out by the time I get on the train, that was when I would have evil nic fits when I smoked. I have only been vaping for almost three weeks, so I don't yet know myself where it's ok to vape openly.
    Last edited by AnaCat; 04-12-2011 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Clarification

I think the comment was in the 2nd Feb. 2011 issue of "On the Bi-Level". Unfortunately, I can't verify it, as the on-line edition only has pages 1 and 4...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Vaping is going to have to be around for a LONG time and become much more common than analogs before they stop treating it like regular cigarettes.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran mohawkx's Avatar

Pretty funny story.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran fallon74's Avatar

That is a funny story!!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've vaped in my jacket on the subway in brooklyn, no one said anything. I'm sure there's way worse things going on down there