Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passion Flower

Default Passion Flower

Hi, new vaper here. I've read tons of threads the last couple of days that say how great passion flower can be along with e-cigs. I'd give up my analogs completely, and had done, but I found myself ending up in a near-homicidal rage so I reluctantly smoke a couple a day just to eliminate that effect. Apparently it's because of the lack of MAOI and passion flower can replace that... The problem is, the threads aren't too clear on what form the passion flower should be in. A few people say they added it to their juice, but some posters also say it tastes rather nasty, and I don't want to wreck the taste of my juice. I certainly wouldn't enjoy it if it tastes wrong! (I've always been very sensitive to anything remotely yucky, despite the supposedly-deadening effect of analogs. Yes, this does mean that I'm ecstatic to no longer have to taste the analogs themselves.) I was thinking of using the pill form that Vitacost has rather than trying to gag down any funky-tasting tea or ruin my juice. Will that work or am I doomed to the liquid form?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Energon, you're vaping and you still have cravings? How long have you been vaping?

Only about a week.

The thing is, I don't really crave analogs - as in, there's no typical nicotine fit feeling. I think I'd be fine if I could go into seclusion for about a week or two.

The problem is, I can't, and I become very aggressive if I don't have at least a couple of analogs a day. It was all I could do to refrain from physical violence against a certain aggravating person! Reading this forum I got the impression that it could have something to do with the lack of MAOIs...

I am interested in this also im two and a half weeks down and i dont even crave analogs havent touched one in all this time but i and those around me noticed i have a short fuse lately my nic on my juice is 18-36mg. so it has to be something i refuse to go back to analogs so i need something

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Energon View Post
    Only about a week.

The thing is, I don't really crave analogs - as in, there's no typical nicotine fit feeling. I think I'd be fine if I could go into seclusion for about a week or two.

The problem is, I can't, and I become very aggressive if I don't have at least a couple of analogs a day. It was all I could do to refrain from physical violence against a certain aggravating person! Reading this forum I got the impression that it could have something to do with the lack of MAOIs...
    Go ahead and have a few analogs.
    I didn't give up the analogs for at least 5 weeks after I started vaping.
    Don't get your self into a boat load of trouble just because you're trying to quit smoking.
    When you are ready to switch entirely to vaping it will just happen without a struggle.

ECF Veteran

Everyone doesn't quit on the day they start vaping. Many people ease into it. I didn't start vaping with the intention to quit so for me it was a pleasant surprise that I actually didn't want a cigarette.

Make vaping fun! Slowly you'll enjoy the flavors more and no guilt feeling of being able to vape when, where and as much as you want! Within reason of course.

I just wouldn't pressure myself so much.

I hadn't originally been intending to quit either, but when I got my PV I saw how easy it could be. Then I read the "success stories" section and there's a load of people there saying they were able to insta-quit.

In just a few days, I could feel the good of not smoking the analogs. That's even more motivation.

It frustrates me to be so close and yet not on it. It's like missing the lotto by one number.

I'm going to go ahead and order the passion flower today. Patience has never been a virtue of mine once I've decided to do something!

ECF Veteran

Instead of frustrating yourself, just enjoy the fact that you're smoking so many less cigs. You've only been vaping for a week.

What exactly is passion flower supposed to do? If it worked, wouldn't everyone that smoked try it?

You ask "why frustrate myself..." but my mindset is "why go through mental anguish 'toughing it out' or even waiting when I can pop a perfectly legit supplement and avoid that?"

Anyway, passion flower is supposed to help replace the MAOI ordinarily present in cigarette smoke. The effect is calming and anti-depressant as well. The Health, Safety, and E-Smoking forum here on ECF has quite a few threads about it - but many of them end up getting too technical for me after a couple of pages since people seem more interested in extracting the active ingredient than just taking a supplement or drinking the tea

"Everyone" doesn't try something until everyone knows about it - and even then, the bandwagon doesn't start until it's super-easy. Many have tried it. The only problem is, they started getting into talk of extraction and the like and I couldn't find too many details at a layman's level.

Still, from what I've seen with other physical issues, there usually is one or a few molecules that are actually doing the work. So it seems likely to me that this is a key component.

Here's a couple of threads here on ECF. Google can bring up a lot more from here, too.

Passion flower, has Harmine in it

Vaping is not a complete substitute for tobacco smoking
    Last edited by Energon; 04-21-2011 at 05:26 PM.

ECF Veteran

I guess it's worth a try, see if that is your issue. I doubt if there are that many people on the board that magically quit as soon as their pv was delivered and never wanted a cigarette.

If it doesn't work I'd suggest increasing nicotine level, trying a different device or mod, or just giving it more time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast