Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sore tongue?

CBB
    Super Member ECF Veteran

It is PG that is irritating almost no one has reactions to VG. VG doesn't carry flavor as well and it is thicker so it does not wick as well, but people who are sensitive to PG often used 50-100% VG juices and usually have no irritation.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, that's what I thought, until I started reading the thread about shortness of breath and was surprised to see quite a few people who were convinced that it was the VG causing them problems.
    I honestly don't know. Clutching at straws here and doing a lot of guessing .
    It can't be the nicotine irritating my mouth and tongue because I'm only vaping 18 mg and from what I understand you get far less nicotine than you do through cigarettes. It's either got to be my body having a stress attack or something irritating that's causing this flare up. Oh well.....I'm hoping that all this extra water I'm drinking will do something to relieve it. Maybe I'll buy some sort of mouth gargle stuff tomorrow and try that.

CBB
    Super Member ECF Veteran

Try to keep your tongue away from the mouthpiece as well, the vapor can be very hot if you are using LR attys or cartos, It can burn your lips or tongue. As well as if stream of vapor hits one point on the tongue over and over and irritate it, so move it to a different spot in your mouth each time.

Just a quick update - hope it helps with anyone experiencing sore tongue issues.
    All is much better now due to drinking a whole lot more water and to rinsing my tongue with olive oil a few times. Sounds gross but I found a thread here on this site about oil pulling? Thought I'd give it a go just for my tongues sake and it was almost like instant relief! So, I think the trick is to really keep hydrated and avoid juices, like orange juice. Plain old water is the secret!

I've had that happen to me too a couple times. Usually it was when the blue foam I was using needed to be replaced or was running dry. I've also had it happen using Everclear to cut my DIY juice. The most recent time is when I used a cartomizer that had a rubber tip. That seemed to concentrate the vapor directly on my tongue which it didn't like apparently lol. All those situations were easily remedied though, thankfully. Hope it clears up for you. I am sure it will because like you and others mentioned, a change in routine sometimes causes the body to react in odd ways.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Pay attention if you get rapid heartbeat, irregular heartbeat, headache or lightheaded you may be getting too much nicotine if you are vaping a lot.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

B complex vitamins will help. Best wishes!
    Halo TruePure, GLV2SM. IKV Fusions & I06
    Smoke-free since 1 Sept. 2010
    Choose to be happy!

Strangely enough most of those symptoms you mentioned Dormouse are all things I experienced whilst smoking cigarettes - especially on days I smoked too much. I've been a bit paranoid about the nicotine because obviously my body is very sensitive to it. So far so good on 18 mgs. Don't think I'll attempt to go any higher than this even though I do still have the odd craving feeling. Hopefully my body will just adjust to the new levels which I'm positive are WAY lower than what I was used to.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It might seem lower now, but it can be tricky with these PV's. I upped mine at the start from 16 to 18 to 24, and then had to back down to 15 a month later. The higher nic can get you over the hump of the cravings, but after those die down you may want to lower it.
    I had a bunch of minor health issues with the PV in the first two weeks (sore throat, lip damage from nic juice), but they all went away fairly quickly. I hope you are just as fortunate!
    Hardware: A bunch of regulated mods (DNA20, OKR, etc) and lots of Genesis attys plus i06s and emp901s NO CLONES!

I hope so too Evilfrog. If all I get is this tongue thing I reckon I'll be doing well. It's still a huge physical adjustment thing I'm sure, even though we're still getting nicotine.
    I don't really understand exactly everything that is in cigarettes or how exactly they work on the body but I'm sure there must be other things in them that are if not addictive, at least were what our bodies were accustomed to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast