Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: problem coughing a lot with my ecig

Default problem coughing a lot with my ecig

My ecig makes me cough a lot especially in the mornings. I can light and smoke an analog with no problems but my bloog maxx fusion or my buzz will both make me cough if i try to use them. I am using tasty vapor 70pg 30vg watermelon bubblegum. Not sure why this is happening anyone have any suggestions?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hi Gorhaf,
    I'm sure you'll get better answers but I just wanted to say that I've been through that too. I just tried to take smaller puffs and/ or just inhaled the vapor into the mouth before inhaling into the lungs. After a week or so it got a lot better but I still have to be careful first thing in the morning. At least I don't cough as much or as hard now.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Coughing a lot while while quitting cigs is really normal. It's also a pretty normal reaction for trying to quit smokers to start coughing, smoke and have it stop. It's kinda like your adding another layer of glue down so things are re-sticking rather then clearing out.
    Truthiness: The natural human condition to ignore facts and just go with whats in your gut! Colbert

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You're vaping a high PG juice and that might be part of the problem. The other part might be dehydration, so drink more water. PG and VG are hygroscopic and will attract moisture. You might also be going through the a "clearing phase" where your lungs are clearing out. It's a normal part of withdrawal and will pass. The reason you don't cough when you smoke is because the cilia in your lungs become paralyzed when you smoke. When you don't smoke they start moving again and doing the job they were meant to do...clearing the gunk out!

I went through this as well. Give it time-it will get easier. It's like your throat and lungs have to adjust to the difference between vapor and smoke-it is considerably different! And, UntamedRose hit it on the head. We were just adding another layer that was like glue. Keep at it-soon your cough will diminish and those lungs will clear out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaf View Post
    My ecig makes me cough a lot especially in the mornings. I can light and smoke an analog with no problems but my bloog maxx fusion or my buzz will both make me cough if i try to use them. I am using tasty vapor 70pg 30vg watermelon bubblegum. Not sure why this is happening anyone have any suggestions?
    it is possible that you are somewhat allergic to the pg, I had that same problem, but moving to 30% vg fixed it for me. maybe you slightly worse than I, try going to 50 or 60%. Ultimately you could end up at 100% vg. personally You might want to try KBV 60%vg blends their vapor production is unbelieveable!

Full Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger

Hmmm... not sure if it would be the temp of the vapor or what. PG tends to have a stronger throat hit also. Some flavors are more harsh than others as well. Have you tried just VG yet or any other flavors? Do those make you cough as well?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Grateful vaper, but playing devil's advocate on the juice quality out there...

I have been vaping for about 2 months now. I had quit smoking analogs for like a year, and then after taking a more stressful job, I went back to smoking analogs. Id been back to smoking for about 5 months when I tried the ecig, which I switched to immediately.
    I have to admit, I feel better vaping that I did smoking, but I still had a bad morning cough and smokers cough throughout the day. Actually VG made it worse. After doing some research on ecigs, I found that all juices are not the same. Some people say "its still better than an analog", put their ecig on a pedestal, and that's that. Aren't we doing this to be healthy? I dont want to be sick from ecigs any more than I wanted to be sick from analogs.
    I did some research and found that certain companies feel ethically bound to produce a healthier product. I have tried some juices from one of these companies and noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY. I no longer cough until I GAG in the morning. Other vapers like to dismiss this as withdrawl from cigarettes, but I have quit before and know how long it takes my morning cough to go away, and it's significantly less than 2 months.
    I found this on the web, and it reaffirmed (at least to me) that we should be careful what we are vaping. I dont care if all of these ingredients are also found in tobacco cigs as well with 4000 other things. It only takes one ingredient like diatcetyl to irreparably damage your lungs for the rest of your life. I started vaping trying to get free of things that would kill me, not lessen them.
    Electronic cigarettes, also know as e-cigarettes
    This scared me. Im not trying to create panic, but a little caution.
    Thanksd for listening to my rant, and be careful what you vape. China has ALOT of quality control issues.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by krijmo View Post
    I have been vaping for about 2 months now. I had quit smoking analogs for like a year, and then after taking a more stressful job, I went back to smoking analogs. Id been back to smoking for about 5 months when I tried the ecig, which I switched to immediately.
    I have to admit, I feel better vaping that I did smoking, but I still had a bad morning cough and smokers cough throughout the day. Actually VG made it worse. After doing some research on ecigs, I found that all juices are not the same. Some people say "its still better than an analog", put their ecig on a pedestal, and that's that. Aren't we doing this to be healthy? I dont want to be sick from ecigs any more than I wanted to be sick from analogs.
    I did some research and found that certain companies feel ethically bound to produce a healthier product. I have tried some juices from one of these companies and noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY. I no longer cough until I GAG in the morning. Other vapers like to dismiss this as withdrawl from cigarettes, but I have quit before and know how long it takes my morning cough to go away, and it's significantly less than 2 months.
    I found this on the web, and it reaffirmed (at least to me) that we should be careful what we are vaping. I dont care if all of these ingredients are also found in tobacco cigs as well with 4000 other things. It only takes one ingredient like diatcetyl to irreparably damage your lungs for the rest of your life. I started vaping trying to get free of things that would kill me, not lessen them.
    Electronic cigarettes, also know as e-cigarettes
    This scared me. Im not trying to create panic, but a little caution.
    Thanksd for listening to my rant, and be careful what you vape. China has ALOT of quality control issues.
    You should really do a little reading in the Health & Safety section.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Thanks! Ill do that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast