Difference between eGo, eGo Mega, and eGo-T?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between eGo, eGo Mega, and eGo-T?

Question Difference between eGo, eGo Mega, and eGo-T?

Right now i'm using my first PV, a NicStick (510 style i bought at a local gas station), but i'm looking into upgrading to something with longer battery life and better vaping. I've decided to try the eGo, heard lots of good things about it. I'm going to get it from myfreedomsmokes, just gonna buy the battery, atomizer, and carts separately and put it together, don't want to spend the $ on a starter kit. I've ordered some Newport juice and a case from them recently and i'm pretty happy with their service and prices, but i see that they offer three models, the regular eGo, the eGo Mega, and the eGo-T. Whats the difference between them? Besides the parts not being interchangeable.
    Last edited by dattmavis19; 04-30-2011 at 03:34 AM. Reason: typo

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I thought they were interchangeable (to an extent).

The eGo is a 510 with a bigger battery.
    The eG0-T has a "tank" to hold your juice (as opposed to a cart) and has a specific atty.
    I have no clue what the eGo Mega is (I would assume it's the battery, 1000 mah?).

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to ecf.
    The parts on them are interchangeable.....all have 510 threading on the battery....the difference between the 510(cig length), the mega is a 510 but a little longer, the eGo is a bigger battery with more power.....don't have to charge as often and has a more powerful hit, the eGo-t is the same battery as eGo, the 't' refers to the atty and the tank system for holding juice. If you order parts separately, be sure to order a charger if you get an eGo..
    good luck

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

spare yourself and just go directly to the GO GO....i vaped the eGo, eGo mega, and eGo tank system until i discovered the GO GO two weeks ago.....wow.....
    GO GO carto's filled with Tasty Vapor Atomic Cinnacide is incredible.

ECF Administrator
    Social Groups Manager
    Reviewer/Blogger Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_and_Spice View Post
    Welcome to ecf.
    The parts on them are interchangeable.....all have 510 threading on the battery....the difference between the 510(cig length), the mega is a 510 but a little longer, the eGo is a bigger battery with more power.....don't have to charge as often and has a more powerful hit, the eGo-t is the same battery as eGo, the 't' refers to the atty and the tank system for holding juice. If you order parts separately, be sure to order a charger if you get an eGo..
    good luck
    Just to make it more confusing, there is a mega 510 battery (longer than the standard 510 battery, little longer charge life) and an eGo mega. eGo Mega generally refers to the type-a and type-b mega atomizers (larger than 510 atomizer, but still same threading, one is cone shaped the other is a cylinder), but can also refer to larger ego batters (900mah and higher).

ECF Administrator
    Social Groups Manager
    Reviewer/Blogger Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by texastumbleweed View Post
    spare yourself and just go directly to the GO GO....i vaped the eGo, eGo mega, and eGo tank system until i discovered the GO GO two weeks ago.....wow.....
    GO GO carto's filled with Tasty Vapor Atomic Cinnacide is incredible.
    Everyone has their favorite (ProVari +MAP tank for me!), but just know that the go-go is NOT 510 compatible so you'll won't have the options of where to buy like you would with a 510, 808, etc connector.

So these parts:
    eGo-T Battery - MyFreedomSmokes.com
    eGo-T Cartridge Soft Gasket (5-pack) - MyFreedomSmokes.com
    eGo-T Atomizer (Black) Not JoyeTech - MyFreedomSmokes.com

will go together to make a working eGo-T?

And how do the tank carts work, do they still use a filler or is it just some kind of gasket? I see hard and soft gasket carts, i assume they both work just as well?

And does anyone know where i can get a hard case for it, or should it fit in my 510 case? it just looks fatter

Yes those parts will make a complete ego-t. You need an ego battery charger too. The tanks don't use a filler. The atomizer has a sort of hollow point with a wick in it that punctures the tank cap. The soft gasket tanks are the newer type. I think they started making soft ones to address leaking issues with the hard ones.

hard case:
    http://myfreedomsmokes.com/products/...ying-Case.html
    Last edited by JumpSteady; 04-30-2011 at 05:33 AM.

I'm not sure the differences between the hard and soft gasket tanks. Those items you listed are about $27. If you need a charger thats another $7 or $8. For $5 more you can purchase an ego-t lite kit (passthrough/battery hybrid, plus atomizer, and cartridge).

To use them: pop off the cap on the bottom of the tank, fill up (leave some air), put the cap back on, and push it in to the atomizer (may require a twist to align). It uses no filler, uses a gasket to make sure the tank doesn't leak into the other parts of the device and the atomizer has a needle like protrusion that wicks up the juice.
    Last edited by imalways; 04-30-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran txtumbleweed's Avatar

I went through all the steps too 510, ego, ego mega, ego-t, different mods including vv mods and ended up with the Go-Go and it does what I hoped all the others would do and that is give me an all day Batt with an all day carto with no burning, leaks or dry hits.
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast