Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Do you like or dislike the smell of smoke?

I don't mind the smell of smoke at all, fresh or stale. The scent is comforting to me. I have a few friends that still smoke and when I'm around them the smell makes me feel warm.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm content with the smell of smoke. I really like the smell of cigar smoke and pipe tobacco. The only smoke smell that I really don't like at all is the residual smell on a smoker's hair and clothes. That bothers me, but the actual smell of smoke does not. Don't know why. The TASTE of analogs is offensive but the smell is something I guess I'm just used to.

I never liked the smell of smoke, even when I smoked. The only time I remember liking it was when I worked at a factory and was trying to quit smoking and could go to the smoking lounge and get enough second hand smoke to satisfy my cravings.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Dislike.

If someone was to light a fire near me i would move away. Same goes for a cigarette.

It smells very different to what i remember...and i only gave up 4 weeks ago.....haaa.

I'm just starting my third week free of traditional cigs, and I caught myself moving away ever so slightly from my friends while they were all smoking last night. I don't actively hate the smell, I guess I just never realized how pungent it was while I was ripping cigs as well.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

When I first started smoking in the 70's, cigarettes smelled completely different. I remember when my mother, who had smoked my entire life, and her cigarettes started to smell different. Even before I quit, I could not stand the way my husband smelled after he smoked(and he smoked the same cigarettes I did!). My thought is that over the years, all of the chemical, paper and filter changes changed the smell of cigarettes. I can remember when the waffing smell of a cigarette actually was appealing.
    Halo TruePure, GLV2SM. IKV Fusions & I06
    Smoke-free since 1 Sept. 2010
    Choose to be happy!

Full Member ECF Veteran

I really don't mind, and kind of like the smell of people smoking cigarettes, especially cloves. What I can't stand, though, is the smell that sticks to peoples' hands and clothes. It's really disgusting.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Smoke smells terrible to me now, and I can smell it a mile away.
    And when I'm standing in line, I can always tell if the person next to me smokes or not.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i still love the smell, always have and don't really see it changing but maybe, like the taste to but not as much as my e stogey

JD1

I've always liked the smell of tobacco smoke, especially cigars and pipes. I still do, but I'm glad I found a more suitable replacement for them.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast