Looking for 100% natural e-liquid flavors - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for 100% natural e-liquid flavors

Super Member ECF Veteran

I eat organic produce etc, but I don't bother with organic ejuice most of the time.

The base ingredients- glycerin, and generally some sort of PGA are so highly processed/purified that paying extra for organic doesn't really give you a significantly healthier product.

I own a natural products company, and the level of scrutiny that goes into organic labeling ranges from piles of paperwork/inspections to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There's no legally defined standard when it comes to things that aren't USDA organic- so I look at the organic juices a little skeptically.

That's not saying don't trust your suppliers or give up a tasty juice, but there's no organic certification agency in the world that's going to certify a nic juice as organic. It's poison.

Yes, they can use organic VG, and organic flavors (the difference is just in the carrier...organic flavors use organic solvents, and "natural flavors" use regular solvents- other than that the ingredients are the same), but I don't think it's really worth the premium price in this case. Tasty- yes, but not necessarily any healthier.

As much as I like natural stuff- organic nic juice is hooey. Just my $.02
    swedishfish likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The bottom line is 70-80% of the juice is a chemical.. So calling something organic or natural is pretty misleading.. lol

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Swedishfish, some non-organic juices have chemicals like diacetyl in them, which do cause lung problems for some people over very long time periods. It's not unreasonable to want to go organic or natural to cut down the number of chemicals you inhale as much as possible in light of that. Vaping organic unflavored PG or VG is probably the safest way to go, but since none of us knows if that's actually the case yet, it's up to the individual to decide what level of "risk" they want to take. Do you have some evidence suggesting that e-liquids with fewer ingredients is more likely to cause problems than those with more?

Again, eating organic salad is *probably* healthier than eating non-organic salad, but we don't really know how much healthier it is if at all. Eating salad is certainly better than eating a bacon cheeseburger unless you're starving, so if all you can afford to eat is non-organic salad (or if you prefer the taste, or just don't care about organic vs non-organic), you (general) should totally go for it. But if you're extremely concerned about eating ~the healthiest salad ever~ and money is not an issue between the two salads, you should eat the organic salad, because it's *potentially* marginally healthier than the non-organic. I don't understand why you seem to be taking personal affront to probably-paranoid vapers trying to get the healthiest option possible on a healthy thing... I also avoid food coloring and high fructose corn syrup most of the time, not because the tiniest drop will kill you, but because I have a lot of health issues and avoid anything that could *potentially* cause any vaguely annoying issues.

Again, it's not that other e-cigs are unhealthy, it's just that we still are not 100% sure about the effects of continually inhaling flavorings into our lungs. While common sense tells us that it's probably pretty safe, we're technically serving as long-term guinea pigs. We're taking a small gamble with our health with them, not nearly as big as with smoking obviously, but some of us can afford to gamble a lot less than others even so. Chances are that everyone will end up just fine 20 or 50 years down the road, but why does it matter to you if some people want to limit the potential for something to go wrong as much as possible? We're essentially wearing motorcycle helmets while riding in the car; the seatbelt will probably keep everyone plenty safe, and maybe we'll seem a little dorky and paranoid, but who cares if someone wants to be EXTRA safe? It really doesn't affect anyone else.

And as far as the word "healthsomeness" goes, I guess you are just not a browncoat if you didn't catch the reference... =/

Super Member ECF Veteran

This could turn into quite a lively debate about the ethics of consumable product production, but I think the OP was just looking for a flavor supplier.
    Seelect looks like they might be a great source for organic extracts. I have not tried them, so I'd double check with the gracious masters here in the DIY sub forum.

I, for one, am a big fan of all of us having the right to choose our favorite liquids. In fact, I'm a little envious of you PG folks. I wish I had the flavor variety y'allz got ... Stupid allergy ...

Ω Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I just ordered from here Nature's Flavors : Organic Flavoring Systems for Coffee & Tea they seems to have some of my favorite vaperite flavors. so can't wait to try it

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Religion View Post
    I, for one, am a big fan of all of us having the right to choose our favorite liquids. In fact, I'm a little envious of you PG folks. I wish I had the flavor variety y'allz got ... Stupid allergy ...
    Me too. I can't even do 20% PG, apparently! Oh well... I have plenty of VG juices to choose from, and I'm a pretty basic gal, so I'll live.

LOL, thats a realy cool photo of Arnie DSPIN. where is it from? never seen the man without a Cuban in his mouth accept in Conan of coarse, though I bet given the chance he would of smoked one while cutting up his wight lifting mates!

To pay the OP homage for my interuption; I have seen some references to the use of peppermint oil, VG+nic+peppermint oil = natural for one flavor anyways.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Sorry about the extreme sidetrack OP--
    If you do decide to DIY with essential oils- this is one of my favorite sources for herbal things:
    Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs

I've got my eye on some cornmint eo next. The cardamom is divine- although I haven't vaped it yet. They have good safety data and info on their site too.

Thanks everyone for your contribution! I'll get to work on the subject based on your feedback.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stillalive View Post
    Swedishfish, some non-organic juices have chemicals like diacetyl in them, which do cause lung problems for some people over very long time periods. It's not unreasonable to want to go organic or natural to cut down the number of chemicals you inhale as much as possible in light of that. Vaping organic unflavored PG or VG is probably the safest way to go, but since none of us knows if that's actually the case yet, it's up to the individual to decide what level of "risk" they want to take. Do you have some evidence suggesting that e-liquids with fewer ingredients is more likely to cause problems than those with more?

Again, eating organic salad is *probably* healthier than eating non-organic salad, but we don't really know how much healthier it is if at all. Eating salad is certainly better than eating a bacon cheeseburger unless you're starving, so if all you can afford to eat is non-organic salad (or if you prefer the taste, or just don't care about organic vs non-organic), you (general) should totally go for it. But if you're extremely concerned about eating ~the healthiest salad ever~ and money is not an issue between the two salads, you should eat the organic salad, because it's *potentially* marginally healthier than the non-organic. I don't understand why you seem to be taking personal affront to probably-paranoid vapers trying to get the healthiest option possible on a healthy thing... I also avoid food coloring and high fructose corn syrup most of the time, not because the tiniest drop will kill you, but because I have a lot of health issues and avoid anything that could *potentially* cause any vaguely annoying issues.

Again, it's not that other e-cigs are unhealthy, it's just that we still are not 100% sure about the effects of continually inhaling flavorings into our lungs. While common sense tells us that it's probably pretty safe, we're technically serving as long-term guinea pigs. We're taking a small gamble with our health with them, not nearly as big as with smoking obviously, but some of us can afford to gamble a lot less than others even so. Chances are that everyone will end up just fine 20 or 50 years down the road, but why does it matter to you if some people want to limit the potential for something to go wrong as much as possible? We're essentially wearing motorcycle helmets while riding in the car; the seatbelt will probably keep everyone plenty safe, and maybe we'll seem a little dorky and paranoid, but who cares if someone wants to be EXTRA safe? It really doesn't affect anyone else.

And as far as the word "healthsomeness" goes, I guess you are just not a browncoat if you didn't catch the reference... =/
    I've said this before on this board and I'll say it again I guess. It's nothing profound.

If you have concerns about juice whether it be ingredients, whether the vendors wear hairnets when they make the juice- what have you. The only way you are going to have juice that lives up to your personal standards is to make it yourself. That's the only way.

I was on my last nerve with the lectures when I was smoking. Frankly the last thing I want is to be lectured by someone new about how healthy the juice is. Not saying that's what you are or the OP is doing (well the OP sorta is) but posts regarding juice and regulation pop up frequently. That's the last thing I want to see. Plus, I'd hate to see someone new come along and think the juice we're vaping is unhealthy and decide not to vape because of it.

Juice isn't a regulated business, which I'm personally very happy about. Anyone can make juice and set up a business and call it anything they want and say it lives up to xyz standards. I'm not criticizing the juice vendors, I'm extremely happy with the juice I buy, but that's just a fact.

It's not a difficult thing to purchase some nicotine, base and certified organic flavoring and make your own. It just gets my back up a bit when someone comes along asking about 'organic' juice and proceeds to lecture everyone that they should all go organic. Especially since there's no real way to know if the 'organic' juice you're buying is organic short of driving to their house and peeking in the window and watching them make juice.
    luvinitall and woody55 like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast