mAh's ohm's and confusion!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: mAh's ohm's and confusion!!

Question mAh's ohm's and confusion!!

Ok guys n gals of vaping-ville!

Help!

I and my hubby have been vaping like crazy for the past 2-3 weeks...everything's going good, though the achies and quit zits n things have been happening some in the past week or so...which is to be expected....anyway...the HELP plea is for my not understanding ohm's mAh's and such....

Hubby's stated he really likes the clearomizers one of the lovely PIF members sent to us, no guessing if he's out of juice, no trying to figure out burnt vs non burnt, ease of view and ease of use no burning up atty's etc...and he likes the idea of a pass through and larger fat batt styles like the ego/epower/riva's

soooooo here's my question...we're looking to step up and we're going to be donating 2 of our current 510's to a friend who's trying to quit for his baby son, we'll be keeping 1 510 a piece to keep as spares....now...

ohm's n mAh's n things

If i'm looking @ clearomizers on got vapes, what ohm do I need for a regular 510, and for something of the ego/e-power/riva line what ohm carto does that take?

and where/why are mAh's important....I have read here and things, but i just can't get my brain to understand it...Help?

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

As I understand it, 2.6 ohms or higher clearomizers for slim 510 ? Can someone verify that?

And the lower ones tend to crack more anyway.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

cant answer the ohms question exactly but if they're marked as lr don't use them on your regular size 510 batteries. mah is important because the higher the mah the longer your battery lasts before you have to recharge it. its basically just how much power the battery holds. i use 1.5 ohm dual coils on my riva battery thats only 650 mah.. or 750mah i forget. allot of people will say to stay at 2 ohms or higher if your not using a mod because you can blow the mosfet in the battery

Full Member Verified Member

While this analogy may not directly answer your question, it's good for reference and/or understanding =)

mAh (milliampere-hour) is just how long a battery will last at a given load.

Picture a regular bucket with 1 inch of water in it. At the bottom of the bucket is a small hole.

inches of water is like voltage (high water level = higher voltage)
    size of the bucket is mAh (wider bucket = higher mAh)
    size of the hole is ohms (wider hole = less ohms)

1 inch of water will only push so much water out of the hole, the bigger the hole, the faster the bucket will drain. Let's say it drains the bucket in 1 minute.

But if you filled a kid's pool with 1 inch of water and the same size hole, the water would flow through the hole at the same rate, but it would take (for example) 30 minutes to drain.

Fill either with 2 inches of water, and it will drain faster because there's more pressure (voltage) pushing through the same size hole (ohms). If you increased the ohms (which would be making the hole smaller), you could achieve the same flow of water as 1 inch with a larger hole.

Either this makes a lot of sense, or you're worse off!

LOL
    phillydave, DC2, toto1013 and 2 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

....you want a 3.0-3.4 or somewhere in between...the 2.6 will ruin the 510 or severely drain the battery and anything under that will run very hot on an eGo/Riva....the mah's is the power lenght of the battery....a 510 is 180 mah....an eGo/Riva is 650, 700 mah. This refers to the length of time between charges.... an ego/Riva is usually 3.4/3.7 refers to the 'hit' or volts you will get....
    Does this help?

ps I think the person that sent them probally knew you had a 510 and sent 2.8 -3.0
    Last edited by Sugar_and_Spice; 05-20-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Da Catt Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Lilly
    Google 'ohms law calculator'. Look for one that includes watts in the results. With this calculator and the voltage of your battery and the ohms of the atty/carto, you can find the watts that will be generated from each combination. The watts equate to heat; stay below 10watts. A typical 510 starter pv will generate about 4 watts. For mods, 6-8 watts are the recommended range. Hope this helps.

Support CASAA, I do ... Cotton Wick Wiki ... PV Web Apps
    VAMO, Saber Touch, ACDC, Puck, L-Rider Robust, iMotion, Desktop Mod
    Yo Way Yo

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

TomCatt, I will try to find the thread on the clearomizers and ohms.....I think its in the cloudsofvapor thread.....

I found some stuff here
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...elp-video.html

sixth post down or so....
    Last edited by Sugar_and_Spice; 05-20-2011 at 10:01 PM.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

This might explain the difference:

LR and HV Atties Explained

This thread also gives you and idea of the recommended resistances you should use for the voltage of the battery you're using:

Voltage and Resistance Chart (Madvapes)
    Last edited by WomanOfHeart; 05-20-2011 at 10:13 PM.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think this is the best resource available for learning about all that...
    WWV Part II (page 5) | Vaping Guides

I am shocked to hear people recommending anything over 2.5ohms with a 510 battery.
    Do these clearomizers somehow work differently than 510 atomizers (2.3ohms) or am I missing something?

Thanks it helps some...still a bit confused...so correct me if I'm wrong.... if i'm ordering a riva/ego style then I want to purchase cartos/clearos @ 2.4 to say 2.8, and if I am staying @ the standard 510 slim batteries, keep it at 3.0 to 3.4ohm? and as a clarification....lower the number ohm the higher mAh battery needed and harder hitting?

EDIT:

I posted this before I saw the updates, sorry for the silly questions, thanks for the resources...and maybe I'd be off in asking but if ya'll were setting up the next step up in purchase and looking at purchasing Riva's and clearo/fluxomizers specifically which ones would you pair up?
    Last edited by lillybit; 05-20-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast