How often do you change atomizers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you change atomizers?

Default How often do you change atomizers?

Like the title says, how often do you change/clean/replace your atomizer. Do you clean and dry it once a week, every few carts? Only when you change to a new juice flavor? Lemmie know

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Only once their dead. I blow them out every couple of days. Have a bottomfeeder and a all day vape juice...once in a great moon I'll use a carto to try a new flavor.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Whenever one starts to get weak I put in the dirty jar. At the end of the week I take however many are in there and clean them and put them in the clean jar, and cycle until one dies.

When one dies, I put a new atomizer in rotation. I normally have 4 in rotation but since I just got a new shipment, I've now got 5 so I can try out one of my newer ones.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I use them until they either die (pop) or suffer such a performance drop that they're just about unusable. My average for 510s is 6 weeks and for 306s is 4 weeks. I blow them out daily and let them drain on a napkin overnight.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I rarely use an atomizer any more. I use Boge cartomizers. When I used an atomizer all the time I swapped to a clean one on the weekend and cleaned the dirty one. I also always have one or 2 spares in case one atomizer degraded or died.

Now I only use atomizers to drip occasionally for testing juices or vaping a juice I don't want to put in a carto. I only clean when the taste or performance is degraded and other then that I just blow it out occasionally, mainly when switching juices.

My vapor-cherry popped in mid March of this year, and I gots to comment on cartomizers. I use one for a few days, then when the draw gets too stiff I chuck it into a jar. Once I have a good size stash I soak em all in vodka for a full 24 hours, or longer if I forget. Blow them out reaaeaaaally good, then let them dry for another full day or so. They gotta be bone-dry though before using them. Any grain alcohol will do, but it has to be grain alcohol. Cheap vodka is a good choice, as it won't leave stuff on the coil, which is very bad. I am still using 6 catomizers that have been cleaned this way twice already, and as long as one doesnt crank them down too hard, thus pushing the connection extension (scratches record) up into the carto, you're good to go. Atty's are real simple, just blow on them through the mouth-end into a paper towel or whatever every day, but you could also soak them in vodka.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Still trying to find the outer limits for my carts , Im basically lazy , so I'll vape 'em till they wont vape no more!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dormouse View Post
    I rarely use an atomizer any more. I use Boge cartomizers.
    Yep I only use them when I am testing a new flavor I have not committed too. I think I still have my original (3). They get a soak and cleaning in Everclear ever now and again.

Finding a carto that works for you is a Godsend.
    Current PVs: eGo - GoGo - Riva - VV Infinity - Tesla Chrome - Darwin

Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightMagester View Post
    Like the title says, how often do you change/clean/replace your atomizer. Do you clean and dry it once a week, every few carts? Only when you change to a new juice flavor? Lemmie know
    Clean: Blow it out at least once per day. Often, hot water rinse (every other day??).
    Change: New one every month, old one goes into the "still working, used bin" unless it pops.
    I just blow it out between flavors.

Oh, I vape at 5 volts too.... harder on atties. 3.0 ohm joye 510's.
    Tobacco free since 6/30/10 4:30 pm! VV box mod user and amateur multimeter reader.
    ♪♫♪♫♩ They call me AttyPops, AttyPops, Oh Atty Atty Atty... AttyPops! <Ba, Da, Bum, Bum> ♪♫♪♫♩

+ for Boge cartomizers. Just started using them, and so far really like the fact that you can use them for a few times until they break, then chuck 'em. All my attys would just get hard to draw on after a while, and I really did not feel like trying the 101 tips and tricks people suggest to fix them; I'm just lazy like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast