Walmart... - Page 19
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: Walmart...

Super Member ECF Veteran Michael Curry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by illillillillilli View Post
    I have been informed by an associate from another store that there is a wal-mart policy against e-cigarettes. I will have to check this out.
    Instead of "he said, she said", why not just call 1-800-WALMART as a customer and ask?
    Cool Vapors

Panama City, FL

Full Member ECF Veteran illillillillilli's Avatar

Because I'm a wal-mart employee, I have access to home office and policies on "The Wire".

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    Would you please provide a link to that study? For I have not seen any study addressing that specific scenario. Not that I don't see the possibility, but, there hasn't even been a definitive study on nic absorption via vaping (let alone second-hand vaping).

ETA: There are several personal posts on the ECF that completely counters your statement. Some members and their non-vaping/smoking mates have been nic tested and NOT ONE report has demonstrated such a transitional interaction.
    The hospital incident wasn't a study, it was an actual documented occurrence that was published through the media.

I read the lengthy article about it a year or so ago, right around the time the FDA was blocking shipments.

And I disagree about the definitive studies as several have been published in medical journals.

But you'll have to dig around the internet to find them, they're not widely known and I honestly don't wanna surf the net's mass of medical journals looking for them.

But I wouldn't make up what I've personally read myself!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I will have to check this out.
    Because I'm a wal-mart employee, I have access to home office and policies on "The Wire".
    Then we would definitely appreciate an 'official' call on this 'un! Please let us know what the corporate vaping policy is as of today...

Thanx!
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

My husband and I are kinda new to all this and we were wondering some of the same things. Can we go to a restaurant and vape? We did it in Target, Waldbaums, Walmart, etc and no one said anything to us. I tried looking on the Internet to see if NY had and vaping rules but nothing popped up for me. Any input would be wonderful. Thanks

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    My husband and I are kinda new to all this and we were wondering some of the same things. Can we go to a restaurant and vape? We did it in Target, Waldbaums, Walmart, etc and no one said anything to us. I tried looking on the Internet to see if NY had and vaping rules but nothing popped up for me. Any input would be wonderful. Thanks
    Well, like many have already pointed out, the safest option (if you choose to avoid embarrassment or confrontation) is to vape ONLY where smoking is allowed.

State laws vary greatly, but the majority are passing laws that prohibit vaping in non-smoking areas.

IMO...I would avoid unnecessary confrontation and vape where I knew it was legal to smoke.

Wow what a great thread! I vaped in Walmart, got a few finger points. But tried to be stealth for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekinahsgroom View Post
    Well, like many have already pointed out, the safest option (if you choose to avoid embarrassment or confrontation) is to vape ONLY where smoking is allowed.

State laws vary greatly, but the majority are passing laws that prohibit vaping in non-smoking areas.

IMO...I would avoid unnecessary confrontation and vape where I knew it was legal to smoke.
    So far no one has said anything to us and maybe it's just because we were not seen yet but only vaping where smoking is allowed seems the right way to go. We are still new to a lot of this and it gets confusing because vaping is not the same as smoking and, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no second hand smoke?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    Back in January there were all kinds of stories on the news and on forums that were talking about New York wanting to ban e-cigarettes entirely. Don't know where that bill went, but to tell the truth, that's just another reason why I will never again travel to NYC.

Pretty soon you will have to buy your nic juice out of some guy's car trunk. That sucks, literally. If I were you, I would start DIY juice mixing and building your own mods for when the "nanny state" gets their way (and they will). East coast, West coast, both really messed up, thinking people are too stupid to make their own decisions about anything. It takes a village, Hillary knows best LOL

Give me the Heartland any day!! They can have my mod when they pry it from my cold dead hand! Well, sorry for the editorial, but that's my 2 cents for what it's worth!

edit: maybe I came on a bit strong, sorry. It always gripes me when govt sticks it's nose into people's lives!
    Last edited by asnider123; 08-20-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Needo likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Well
    I'm a newbie but with everything in flux with new laws being enacted I would try to avoid confrontation like the plague! If you are an ambassador of good vaping you can affect more people for the good. I have 4 smokers interested in vaping already. You can do it in a positive manner so as not to have unaware people trying to get vaping banned and regulated. Just my humble opinion.
    Shekinahsgroom likes this.