Variable Voltage Mods
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Variable Voltage Mods

Default Variable Voltage Mods

For VV mods, I was told that the following mods are the BEST choice: -

Provari as tube mod.

MonkeyBoxx VV as box mod.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with this choice or you have better choice?

Your valuable feedback are most welcomed, hopefully this thread will help all newbies for choosing their very BEST variable voltage mods.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There are tons of VV choices that are good, these days. I personally own a provari, and like it a lot. I'm sure other people prefer what they have. I think it almost comes down to looks, personal preference and what you're looking for it to do, now.

The good thing is, there are tons of options, and there are no longer the huge waiting lists that used to exist.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My votes go to: Buzz Pro (tube mod), and ali'i (BF mod). Good luck.

The buzz pro allows you to adjust voltage easier to find the voltage you want to vape at. along with awesome battery life and much less expensive as the provari.

The ali'i, though also not having the display is slimmer than the monkey box and is more carry friendly.
    Last edited by Jebus; 07-27-2011 at 04:27 AM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There is no best, it's what's best for you. The Provari is a great choice and if you're looking at tubes also check out the Buzz Pro and Darwin although it's not really a tube. Those would be my top 3 to look at in a tube and personally I'd go for the Buzz Pro, It's a lil cheaper should have longer battery life and I already have a screw on meter and don't care about the extras but any of those three would be a good choice in a tube.

For a box check out the Grip, Monkeybox, Mark V From Redsky and Ali. I've got a Grip and Mark V, like them both.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Nomoreash View Post
    I'd go for the Buzz Pro, should have longer battery life
    Not to nit pick, but doesn't the buzz pro use a 16340? The provari can hold an 18650 if you get the extended cap. I still think the buzz pro is a great option though. Personally, I rarely sit around checking the resistance of my atomizer over and over, and could do it with a fluke anyways. The spin dial option of the buzz seems pretty convenient as well.

I have read good comments on both. But from a technological standpoint, it have to be the Darwin. No VV PV has ability to sense the resistence change of the atty/carto and automatically adjust the power setting to maintain ultimate consistency, other than the Darwin. I also believe the 21+ hours on a charge is about the best from what I have read.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Not to nit pick, but doesn't the buzz pro use a 16340? The provari can hold an 18650 if you get the extended cap. I still think the buzz pro is a great option though. Personally, I rarely sit around checking the resistance of my atomizer over and over, and could do it with a fluke anyways. The spin dial option of the buzz seems pretty convenient as well.
    The Provari uses 1 18500 or 18650 with the extra extension cap which I believe is around $20-$25. The Buzz Pro uses 2 x 16340s which means it doesn't need a booster circuit to achieve the voltage one battery would provide.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Nomoreash View Post
    The Provari uses 1 18500 or 18650 with the extra extension cap which I believe is around $20-$25. The Buzz Pro uses 2 x 16340s which means it doesn't need a booster circuit to achieve the voltage one battery would provide.
    Thanks for the correction. My apologies for the confusion.

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I love my Provari's and I am loving my Buzz Pro... the internals of the Monkey Box VV look awesome!

There are a few to choose from; do your research if you have time, but imo there is nothing better than a good regulated variable volt pv. (that's my opinion).

btw; Buzz Pro from notcigs is the first of 3 new models with the same technology to come out now... the Infinity Pro and the VVPV (top feeder) all have the same internal boost and vv design.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by derekmeow View Post
    For VV mods, I was told that the following mods are the BEST choice: -

Provari as tube mod.

MonkeyBoxx VV as box mod.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with this choice or you have better choice?

Your valuable feedback are most welcomed, hopefully this thread will help all newbies for choosing their very BEST variable voltage mods.
    Being one who actually prefers a multi voltage device that is mechanically sound and without electronics that can go to crap if say dropping in the pool or accidentally going through the wash machine etc... Yes there is a slight hassle and the dangers of stacking batteries... Shouldn't the Title also include these types of devices for the noobs... Just a thought.... I choose my tube mod specifically for that reason... If the switch goes to stink I can replace it for 12 bucks and a simple screw driver and not have to make a trip to Radio Shack... and/or spend another 20 bucks on electronics or ship back to the manufacturer.... Just saying.... lol...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast