How do YOU clean your joyetech ego-t tanks / cartridges
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How do YOU clean your joyetech ego-t tanks / cartridges

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran thejohnnymac's Avatar
    Vapor Bank, 1701 Oak Hill Road Suite E, Evansville, IN 47711

Default How do YOU clean your joyetech ego-t tanks / cartridges

Just wondering how the eGo-T user cleans their tanks or cartridges.

-john

Full Member Verified Member Smislow's Avatar

I disasemble them to bits and pieces into the sieve and run a hot water over. Then just drop them on a napkin to dry.
    I do that every 10-15 days.
    It is advisable to get those silicon caps for tanks 'cause original plastic ones start to leak after awhile.

sorry i dont use ego tanks, but i use 510-t tanks instead.. so this is more of a bump then anything.
    but to clean mine i keep a spare blunt syringe, fill it with hot water and squirt it inside the tank.

had to do this lots after filling a lot of tanks with a flavour i ended up not liking at all, and it wouldnt shift even with new juice.

raspberry coconut ice flavoured everything got boring after a while. a very short while.
    Last edited by wipeout; 08-18-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    msparker32 likes this.

Full Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

I either use "A novel way to clean an atty" or if I think that the atty is way dirty and I'm feeling adventurous I go for Vicky's complete dissassembly and dry-burn method, I've had to replace wicks a bunch of times so proceed at your own risk :P

I have also boiled an atty that I felt was clean but had a persistent coconut flavor in it I wanted to get rid of.

I don't bother with letting it sit overnight etc if I'm just cleaning with water, just give em a good thermometer shaker and puffs a bit before inhaling.. I'm not very patient

I used to do a PGA soak but when the paint came off a pair of my attys I decided it was too much.. now I only do one if I want to get a chrome atty or battery out of it, not for cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by vsinner View Post
    persistent coconut flavor in it I wanted to get rid of.
    when it gets in there, it sure doesnt want to let go!

i boiled my atties (haha that sounds like a perversion) and there was still a faint hint of coconut left in there. god damn coconut, i used to like it.
    Last edited by wipeout; 08-18-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Full Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wipeout View Post
    when it gets in there, it sure doesnt want to let go!

i boiled my atties (haha that sounds like a perversion) and there was still a faint hint of coconut left in there. god damn coconut, i used to like it.
    Took me a bunch of boiling but it's finally out (think I boiled 3-4 times back to back, 10min boils with water changes in between) but I wont be doing that again.. lesson learned! A carto just for coconuts.. unfortunately I still love it :-/
    Last edited by vsinner; 08-19-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: silly typos

ah, we've both learned from the indestructible coconut experience...

i bought a 510 atomizer and a drip tip for a spare 510-t. if the liquids evil it doesnt end up in a tank

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran thejohnnymac's Avatar
    Vapor Bank, 1701 Oak Hill Road Suite E, Evansville, IN 47711

Quote Originally Posted by wipeout View Post
    ah, we've both learned from the indestructible coconut experience...

i bought a 510 atomizer and a drip tip for a spare 510-t. if the liquids evil it doesnt end up in a tank
    I did the same thing. I have an espresso flavor that won't go away..

ECF Guru ECF Veteran bobsyeruncle's Avatar

You can just blow them out regularly and do a more thorough cleaning when they really get gunked up. An ultrasonic jewelry cleaner is nice for cleaning. You can use Everclear or isopropyl alchol to clean them in. You need to make sure the isopropyl alcohol has evaporated before using the atomizer, but it evaporates faster than water. Everclear, if you can get it, is sort of vapable.

Can you clean a 510-T atomizer pretty much the same way? I've had mine for about a month and haven't given it a thorough cleaning yet. I typically run through 2 batteries a day if that gives any indication on how frequently I use it.

Everything seems to be running fine still, but that may just be me gradually getting used to it being too dirty. I'm afraid of messing up the wick inside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast