Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New to ECF

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default New to ECF

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the ECF and would like to thank everyone here for their help and patience. I've been a 1 - 1 1/2 pack a day smoker for 25 years. My last attempt at quitting lasted about 6 weeks using the patch. I nearly lost my mind, gained 10 lbs. and was really irritable with my children. Once again, I went back to smoking - a slave to the disgusting and rediculously expensive habit that I picked up as a kid.

1 week ago while at a local mall I decided to give the ecigs a try. I was perfectly convinced that it wouldn't work but figured maybe it would help me to cut down on smoking.... WOW...., was I ever wrong.

This week has been the first time in my life that I've woken up without not wanting but DYING for a cigarette. I keep a few packs of analogs in case of emergency but don't even want one! I tried one yesterday when my battery was dead for a while and it tasted gross. I put it out after about three puffs.

The PV that I purchased from the mall (alltogether with 8 boxes of really bad cartomizers) cost me well over $180 dollars. It was a bad purchase. The initial outlay was about $100 but I quickly found that the chargers die after about 1.5 hours and that the cartomizers have nearly no nicotine in them - even the ones marked "high."

Posting this as a "thank you" to those in the chat room who have helped me and to those who have taken the time to write blogs and make videos for the rest of us. Also as a word of caution to 1st time visitors to ask around before you throw out your money - my new kit is on it's way and is 1/2 the price of the ones I'm using now.

Jenn from Phila.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to ECF and I am so happy for your success. Also, Amen about the word of caution!

jj2
    Tigger Girl Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi and welcome to the forum Jenn.
    What did you buy?

Please support CASAA Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Even tho you spent some money on junk. It started you in the right direction and you found the ECF. you are going to do just fine now. Good Luck

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Thanks!

Again, the encouragement here is amazing!

I bought a brand called Smoke Free Online. There is not a lot of information on them outside of their website. They are based in MD. I don't consider it a "total" loss as I will keep these as a backup if I have any battery lapses.

The product in and of itself isn't terrible but I was a heavy smoker and the cartomizers are $15/5 which is a lot higher than the e liquid - I spent about 1/2 of my investment on cartomizers and some on the additional wall charger that I thought would help. I'm not totally sure if it's the weak battery or the cartomizer that is the problem.

If this continues and I am able to get off of analogs, it will be the best investment I've ever made!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hey you finally made it to the forum, well keep reading and if you haven't already try reading through "The Wonderful World of Vaping" in the ECF Library, it'll help a lot.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Huffelpuff,

You would be surprised at the amount of people that started the very exact way you have. My Green Smoke outfit is still in the closet as a reminder (although for the life of me I can't remember what it's supposed to remind me of )

Once you settle on some hardware and juice, you will find that your disposable cash will increase significantly as well as your lung capacity. The learning curve isn't all that steep. Now that your an ECF member the folks here will provide you with a generous amount of info as you go along.

Have fun and welcome!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome! I'm fairly new here too and I've also found ECF to be an amazing resource.

If you are in the Cincinnati area, check out Tri-State Vapers on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/558079797581550/

Hey there and welcome hufflepuff

Happy vaping

Nats x

Something has to be done about these mall vendors...ther scaring people away...possibly killing people...At my local mall thers a kiosk with some pushy salesman selling CRAP e-cigs at a ridic price...they came after me one time when i was walking by..I just looked at him and said.."you disgust me"
    JimmyA likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast