Feels , drags , tastes like a Marlboro Light Which one HELP
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Feels , drags , tastes like a Marlboro Light Which one HELP

Default Feels , drags , tastes like a Marlboro Light Which one HELP

Hi folks Noob here with noob question Im sure its been asked a billion times . I would to also like to thx the mods and all the folks that have reviewed and left feed back on e-cigs the site has allot of info I could not believe of the options out there for e smokers. So a little about myself Im Sgt in Marine Corps RECON back from AFG on medical . I took three to the chest. One got through my armor .I Remeber asking one of my buddies to give me cig from the bloody pack tucked in my BDU,S then knocked out .I have been smoking cigs since I was 17 right when I joined the corps a pack a day and now even more. Here I at home recovering my 6 year old asked me to stop smoking because he doesnt want his daddy to die man I tell ya it broke my heart so Im on mission now I have tried several times with no luck, Then one day walked into smoke shop to by a pack and saw a cheap old e cig for 12 bucks I said what the hell , bought tested it and said hey I can do this . It felt like broken cigarette when dragging it and the tabbaco flavor tasted like crap but managed to smoke that dang thing for days without having to smoke a real cig . So folks which oneFeels , drags , tastes like a Marlboro Light you input and help is greatly appreciated thx again.
    Semper Fi
    sonicdsl and surfsuphere like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

First, welcome to ECF. Second, no ecig will ever replicate the taste of burning tobacco/paper/chemicals. The closest liquids taste how a fresh pack smells like it will taste. Within no time though you won't even like the burnt taste of cigs, you just think you do right now due to the addiction. Once their tastebuds recover by vaping, most cannot stand the taste of a cig. You may also notice you taste foods more.

Anyway, heres what I recommend:
    From liberty-flights.com (click the 20% discount in upper left)
    riva lite kit - 29.99
    510 driptip of your choosing - ~$2
    5 pack Boge LR (2.0 ohm) cartomizers - $7.99

Cig sized devices just don't cut it for anything but very light smokers.

This lets you try dripping and boge cartomizers, also includes cartridges but cartridges suck.
    If you like the Boge cartos, you can get 15 for $20 and free shipping @ crystalclearvaping.com

Juice will require experimenting, but look for well known dedicated juice vendors, hardware vendors usually have bad juice.
    Last edited by reprisal; 09-06-2011 at 12:42 AM.
    sonicdsl and TapTapper like this.

Super Member Verified Member

First off, your a BAMF and thank you. Pretty much everyone will tell you that you can't imitate an actual cigarette taste. Burning paper and chemicals is sort of a one of a kind thing, but I think you will find that your taste buds will be much more satisfied with some of the e-liquids out there, as well as everything else you consume after they have some time to recover. The draw on my ego is slightly different than a real cig, but way different than that horrible broken cigarette feeling. Maybe someone else here who has tried more PVs can help you find one that hits more to your liking. I have an 808, the other popular starter, on the way to my door so if it hits more like a real cig I'll let you know. It sounds like to me like even a mediocre vaping experience combined with the love you obviously have for your child is gonna do just fine at keeping you away from those old analogs. Best of luck to you and welcome to ECF.
    hstl_ likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't really know that anything feels and tastes just like a cigarette. I can tell you that I was smoking Marlboro Ultra Lights and I've been very happy with my Go-go. The drag is a lot easier than a real cigarette, but I've smoked a few real ones in the time I've had the Go-go, and it feels like I'm trying to suck through a shower curtain (iow, it feels like I'm having to draw way to hard on the real one now). LOL. Others I were considering were the Ego or Riva. Those last two are more versatile than the Go-go, but that's not something I cared much about.

I started out with a drug store e-cig and like you I realized, "Hey, this could work!" but I realized I needed more flavor, vapor, and battery life. From what I've read you just can't get those things with an e-cig that actually *looks* like a cigarette. You have to go with something that has a bigger battery and looks more like a magic marker.

I also pretty quickly realized that I didn't really love any of the tobacco flavors that I tried, and I like fruity flavors better, but someone else can probably give you some tobacco flavor suggestions. There are a ton of choices out there to try. Boba's Bounty seems to be a favorite, but I haven't tried it yet.

Good luck!
    sonicdsl likes this.

If you are in the Cincinnati area, check out Tri-State Vapers on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/558079797581550/

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome Sgt! Thank you for your service to the country and glad you're recovering.

Good news and bad news, good 1st - e-cig is the best quitting device out there (working for you already), bad - you won't be able to find something that tastes exactly like burning tobacco since nothing is burning, which is why it's healthier. Vaping is a little different than smoking (30 years myself). You should not directly inhale into lungs, take slower, big puffs into mouth, then inhale.

If you're a light smoker, volume wise, a simple Joye 510 or KR808 mini model will do, same size as your smoke shop model. If you smoke more, try a bigger battery so you don't have to charge batts all day. Either way, check out this place E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings. Click 20% off on top of page. They have both the minis and fat batt kits and ship out of San Diego. I use their Riva 510.

Getting the right taste, more complicated. I smoked M lights and think Dekang USA Mix sort of taste like it, raw pack not burned. There'll be lots of suggestions from others. You probably want to get juice with nic between 12 - 16 mg nicotine. Good luck!
    A man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry...to sleep, perchance to dream...

Welcome to ECF! And, thanks for your service. God speed your recovery.

I was a heavy smoker, and liked the marlboro mediums best. I found that most of the flavors that I like vaping are deeper stuff like cocoa, caramel, and some tobacco blends (ry4, b o b's omg from kickbassvapor, boba's bounty and gorilla juice from alien visions) but YMMV. Either way you're not going to get 'cigarette' flavor vapor just because of the differences (flame vs hot coil).

I found that I don't like super sweet stuff, and fruity stuff is hit or miss.

I could vape vanillarum from gourmet vapors and never vape anything else ever...it's that good for me

First off, thank you for serving our country. Welcome home, wish they were on better conditions. I would say desert light. I honestly don't perfer lights, im more into menthol. But my mother in law is hooked and the e cigs too. shes been smoking marlboro lights for quite some time, and all she seems to vape is desert light. But than again, all taste bud is different. Ive come to notice that i tried a lot of menthol and i couldn't find a decent one until i went to darthvapers. there might be better sites but their liquid you can trust and also the site is not all over the place like most.

also another thing.... for a better Vape expierence, where most people give up and walk away from the beaten path.... is those cheap ones they sell at seven 11's or malls. More voltage the better the drag and throat hit. Longer battery is helpful too for the simple fact (reason why i stay with two charge batteries at all times) of your battery dies, you start craving. so the first and only time i slipped up was when i was out drinking and the batt died. I smoked a half a pack and it was purely disgusting. but hey,.... anything for some nicotine. but the drag and vape to be better invest in a better model. remember the bigger the better.

My God My God Thank you all so much the advise and suggestions I dont know how to begin thanking you. A special thx to
    reprisal John Wayne Spazmelda bRo0kLyNsR3k juxt4p0z JustaGuy for replying so quickly . You folks I will always have your six and will never leave you behind , thank you again

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Welcome to ecf Sgt. and thank you for your service!

For some of us the feeling of a cig in our hand is just as important as anything else so bigger isn't always better. Better battery life - Yes but not always a better experience. I started with a kiosk branded 510 kit and still use the auto batteries from it daily even though I have a mod. I love my GLV2 but sometimes I just want to hold the 510 or mini size. Sure I have to change batteries every 2 - 3 hours with the 510 but it's not exactly difficult. Just make sure you have spares and a pcc to recharge on the go. It will feel heavier to you than a real cig at first but you get used to it real quick and in a week it will feel natural to you.

So if you are like me and also enjoy having a cig between your fingers than a good Joye 510 or KR808-D1 kit with a pcc will do you just fine as long as you get some extra batteries. There are a lot of good suppliers to choose from for either kit.

The Vapor Station E Cigarette, E-liquid - Vapor Station has some of the best tasting tobacco flavors I have tried and some great prices on their starter kits as well.
    Wuzznt Me and CWatkinsNash like this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast