need help from Ego T users - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: need help from Ego T users

Full Member ECF Veteran

I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying you can only use it with a tank. I have the type B and you can use carts on it if you buy the other atty that goes with them.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

im staying a little confused myself. the ego-t battery will take the ego-t atomizer either AorB. also if you choose to not use the ego-t atty you can use any standard 510 or 306 atty or carto in place of it. as far as i know the ego-t atty will only hold the plastic cart that snaps in. i have a modded ego-t atty that is drippable but got it that way in a trade.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Yes the atty that comes with it only holds the tank. The XL atty bought separately can be used for dripping or inserting the cart (or carto evidentally).

Full Member Verified Member Baddadgus's Avatar

Ego_T is a good platform with 510 attys,cartos,and mod tanks

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Can you post a pic of your setup showing this atty that accepts carts & cartos? It would help lessen the confusion. We know what an ego-t batt looks like but we need to see the atty and carts that you are using.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Just to try to clear up some of the generalized confusion:

Battery:ego or ego-t doesn't make much difference, as far as what you can use with it. I THINK all the ego-t batts have the 5-click on/off feature, if they're made by joye. Some, if not all, of the normal ego (non -t) batteries don't have this feature. However, this has nothing to do with what can be used with it.

Atty: ego-t atty is not meant to be used with a normal cart. Requires a tank cart. I've been told that the ego-t atty isn't good for dripping, but no direct experience there. ego xl or 510 atty, dripping should be no problem, although I haven't used an xl atty yet. Just different varieties of 510 atties. My ego does tend to leak a bit on occaision when I'm dripping, but not excessively. I just keep a tissue nearby, and wipe it off if it happens.

Cart/carto: Carts (cartridges) are used with an atty. t or normal cart depends on the atty, and they aren't meant to be interchangeable between the t and non-t. Carto's (cartomizers) are a combination of cartridge and atomizer. So if using a carto, no separate atty is needed. Also, carto's are definately NOT suitable for dripping, as they normally contain filler material. Bypassing the filler material is one of the main points of dripping. Only need a few drops instead of enough to saturate the filler material.

2 piece just means batt+carto. 3 piece is batt+atty+cart. But, the same battery could be used for either.

Mind you, this is all aimed at 510 threaded stuff in general, and ego's (which are 510 threaded) in particular. Just wanted to add this to clarify that when I say such will work with such, it's all talking about 510 stuff. Oh, and although all 510 stuff SHOULD work with an ego batt, not all ego stuff will work with a 510 batt.

2 other points. I have no experience with the 510-t, but have told there are lots of compatibility issues with those, so if you're using a 510-t, disregard most of the above. And, there are charger compatibility issues between normal 510 batts and ego batts, so not mixing chargers/batts is generally a good idea I'd say. That's not true in every case, but is generally a good rule of thumb when first getting started, I think.

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable
    tmcase likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I posted pics of the XL cart and XL atty when I got it in this thread:
    Help! Can't figure out ny new Joye eGo - T (Type B) XL cartridge

I ordered them from Liberty Flights and they are all listed on the same page as all the ego kits and accessories.
    Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Joye eGo

I don't know if it's 510 but it says it holds more ml than "a standard 510" so I'm pretty sure it must be. The XL atty looks just like the regular atty in appearance and colors to match. The only difference is it doesn't have that plate with the tip to insert the tank into.

I have been able to figure out the dripping. As far as I can tell I just have to inhale much slower to get anything. Also now that my wick is wet I'm not as worried about blowing out the coil.

I've been letting the cart sit upright longer to sock the juice down before inserting it. However these say they'll hold 2ml of juice but that must take a long time to fill because mine seem to get saturated with 1 ml and that is just adding a few drips every so often. So it must take an awful long time to get 2ml absorbed. I have noticed that the strange tingling and burning on my tongue is gone now using the cart or dripping instead of using the tank. I really liked the ease of the tank but I was having a hard time tasting any of the flavors. I was drinking tons of water but it just makes my mouth burn. I kept cleaning out the tip of the tank if fluid got in there but didn't seem to matter. And my husband for the first time says his throat is not killing him now that he's not using the tank. I do not like that nasty burning taste when the cart run dry so you really need to keep them full.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If it were me I would pull out that poly stuffing and use blue foam instead. You can get it a most pet stores and you cut it to fit. It absorbs more juice, doesn't leak unless you over fill and will wick every last drop. You can also order it online but you will pay more. When I used carts I replaced all of them with blue foam. Hope this helps.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Ok what is the blue foam used for so I can ask where it is?

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It is used to replace the while polyfill stuffing in your carts. Look for it in the pet stores that sell fish supplies. It is used in fish tank filters. You can do a "search ECF with Google" search box in upper right hand corner of each page for more info. Lots of people use it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast