Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Vaping hurting my throat?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Unhappy Vaping hurting my throat?

Hi all,

I'm on my third day of vaping, but I'm having a bit of an issue. It's kind of like vaping is harsher on my throat than smoking was. I find myself coughing and the back of my throat feels dry and weird. I'm using the Volt with Cowboy 12mg juice. I used to smoke a PAD of marb lights. I'm not sure if this is some kind of psychosomatic thing due to giving up cigarettes or if this is the mythical "throat hit" that I heard so much about. If it is, I don't think I like it. Or maybe it's due to the vapors drying out my throat/lungs? Maybe I'm just nuts!

Any suggestions of how to fix this? Should I try a different juice? Do you think this is a side effect of quitting smoking and not the vaping at all?

Full Member Verified Member

Everyone is different but I noticed I had this problem when I was vaping a higher vg mix. I’ve started using a higher pg mix now and the problem has gone away. I also drink a lot more water now which helps too. Like I said though everyone is different.

ECF Veteran

Well, I'm thinking of getting some of the Vapor Room juices since they have the $10 weekly 30mL bottles and $5 weekenders. I think I'm going to try a 75pg/25vg mix and see if that helps. I have no idea what the Smokeless Image ones consist of, so maybe a juice change is the answer.

When I first started vaping I got a sore throat a lot. It turned out in my case to be dehydration. Vaping tends to dry you out so make sure you drink plenty of water.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Vaping is VERY drying ... up your water intake ... a LOT!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dark Colored flavors dry me out. Chocolate/coffee types. Using lighter fruit flavors fixed it for me. (though i did still have an issue with Banana only from my vendor of choice.)

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo- View Post
    When I first started vaping I got a sore throat a lot. It turned out in my case to be dehydration. Vaping tends to dry you out so make sure you drink plenty of water.
    I think this makes sense. I did wake up in the middle of the night yesterday with the worst cotton mouth ever. I'll take your advice and make sure to stay hydrated!

ECF Veteran

Sorry I hate to reply to myself, but I was going to order e-liquid and I remembered seeing a thread last night that was all coupon codes and sales and now I can't find it. I've tried searching and looking around, but with little success. Anybody know the thread I'm talking about? It was really long, but filled with great deals!

Quote Originally Posted by SaraBee View Post
    I think this makes sense. I did wake up in the middle of the night yesterday with the worst cotton mouth ever. I'll take your advice and make sure to stay hydrated!

Definitely a good call. I had to up my water intake alot when I started but everything got better after a few days.

Super Member ECF Veteran Warlordxxx's Avatar

something like this one ? Coupon Code Master List By hairball
    UK PIF Is Now Open - Swaps Freebies & PIF for the UK
    To save you asking my name is Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast