1.6% nicotine per ml equals howmuch perpuff?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 1.6% nicotine per ml equals howmuch perpuff?

Default 1.6% nicotine per ml equals howmuch perpuff?

My first ecig starter kit doesnt say what the mg amount per cartridge is. How can I know how much nicotine I'm getting? Thanks.

Closet Assclown ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

How big are your puffs?

I let my cravings dictate. If you are getting too much nicotine, you'll know it. When you are transitioning from analogs, don't worry too much about too much unless it is making you sick.

What hardware are you running?

PIF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A recent study by Etter showed ecigs do work, we end up with nicotine levels similar to smokers.

As OT said, let your body tell you when to vape. Typically a full strength cig smoker will need a 24 mg/ml eliquid. Likewise a typical lights smoker would use a 16mg/ml.

For chain-vaping, like sitting at a computer, it is common to step down one level in nicotine.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Super Member ECF Veteran

It is 16mg,s per 1mil and you need to tell us what type of kit you got

PIF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You don't absorb anywhere near the full nicotine content. I'm quite confident that when I was vaping 6 ml/day of 24 mg/ml I wasn't actually absorbing 144 mg of nicotine.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Senior Member ECF Veteran

If you can measure out 1ml of liquid, either drip it or put it in a tank (if you own one) and then count the puffs it takes to finish off the mil, then divide the amount of the nic concentrate by the number of puffs you take.

So you take ~ 200 (YMMV) puffs per mil, 16/200 = 0.05 mg per puff. However, this may or may not be the amount of nicotine that's actually being taken into your body and it is only a very rough estimate on how much nic is in each puff.

Edit: I just noticed you're using carts. I don't know how much liquid the carts you're using hold, but I'm going to guess that it's far less than 1mil of liquid. There's not enough info to try to make a guess, sorry.
    Last edited by El-ahrairah; 12-08-2011 at 04:24 PM.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

1.6% is 16mg of nicotine per ml of liquid

Nobody can tell you how many puffs 1ml is for you

And btw - however many puffs or cigarettes-worth of puffs some vendor claims are in a cartridge or cartomizer is probably huge bs.

Most people use 1.5 to 5 ml per day

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What a Terrible Jumbled Mess of Units.

JSWC…

mg = Milligram which is a measure of weight.

ml = Milliliter which is a measure of Volume

% = is the Ratio (Quotient) of Two Items with the Same units Multiplied by 100

So you could express an e-Liquids Nicotine Strength as a Percentage of Nicotine to Milliliters, assuming that the Nicotine was in Liquid form, but it would be somewhat awkward.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the Nicotine level of the OP’s Cartridges was 16mg/ml in that this is a common Ratio sold be Vendors. But I’m just guessing.

If it is 16mg/ml and we assume 20 Drops per Milliliter and 3 Hits per Drop then One Hit would be roughly equal to 16mg / (20 x 3) = .2667 mg/hit

No how much of this Nicotine is Actually being absorbed?

Well that has been debated Many Times. From what I read I think an absorption amount of 10%~25% seem reasonable.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by dormouse View Post
    1.6% is 16mg of nicotine per ml of liquid

BTW - This comes from the Purest form of Nicotine is about 1000mg/ml

So 1.6% Nicotine in a e-Liquid Solution would be .016 x 1000mg/ml = 16mg/ml

I know that dormouse knows this. I just used her quote because it was easier than making a new post.
    Last edited by zoiDman; 12-08-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: his -> her

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Her quote (I am female)

BTW if your cartridge pushes onto an atomizer then it is probably about 1/2 ml (since you can't fill a cartridge totally without causing it to dump its liquid in your mouth, it may be less, especially if it's a prefill)

If your cartridge is actually not a cartridge and is a cartomizer (holds juice and screws right onto the battery) then those prefilled ones usually hold about 1ml though prefills will probably not be filled with that much.

And it does not really matter. Nicotine is absorbed differently from ecigs (they say less) but ecigs are missing the other addictive things in cigarettes. The idea is to feel satisfied and get a satisfying amount of flavor, throat hit, vapor, and not overuse it to the point where you get over-nicced symptoms of headache, rapid or irregular heartbeat, hazy ill feeling.
    Balthezar likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast