ego battery flashes green and red when charging...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ego battery flashes green and red when charging...

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default ego battery flashes green and red when charging...

...its mostly red but every five seconds it flashes a green blip.

This isnt normal as it usually stays red if its charging and green when it its done.

Please say this isnt my battery telling me its dying.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Totally normal.

When it charges it starts red and turns green when charged...

BUT it does not do it all at once.

It flashes.

More and more frequently as it charges.

Sent from my HTC HOLIDAY using Tapatalk

This was asked just yesterday, if I'm not mistaken. The flash from red to green/blue is a function of the "smart charger" testing the voltage level of your battery, to see when to stop putting current to the battery. You just may not have noticed it until now. My eGo T does this, my older eGo 650mah does this with it's charger, Blu usb battery chargers do this, and pretty much any 510/eGo variant with a smart charger does this. No worries, unless you only get about 20 minutes of vape time after a full charge.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

When fully green (or for some othe rmodels blue) then it is done. As long as it is flashing red even infrequently. it's not done.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Hmmm. my eGo doesn't do anything but the color red, and then the red goes out when its charged. I have noticed recently that the red stays on.. even after charging for over 8 hours, it just dims to be almost imperceptible.

Super Member ECF Veteran

The thing that worried me is that Ive never seen it do that before...just red for charging and green for done.

Then it worried me more when my user manual made no mention of it... but it did eventually go green so alls good I guess.

So I guess you guys are right...and I am relieved.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Serianna View Post
    Hmmm. my eGo doesn't do anything but the color red, and then the red goes out when its charged. I have noticed recently that the red stays on.. even after charging for over 8 hours, it just dims to be almost imperceptible.
    Now that seems like something is wrong...unless you have a totally different charger.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have one charger that does that and my batteries are always charged so it's nothing to worry about. I have a few others that stay red until done at which time they turn green. When it's time to worry is when it stops charging all together. Get a backup just to be on the safe side so you're never without a charger.
    MOD HOARDER

Vaping Queen ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Mine has gone from red to green intermittently when it's almost done, I have an eGo by the way. Since it's very new, I'm assuming that's normal. I have noticed that there is a light on the wall charger that stays red the whole time. I'm assuming this is normal also?? Or should the light on the wall charger change to green also??

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The LED on the wall AC adapter is just a power indicator for the AC adapter. It has nothing to do with the charge function - unless it doesn't come on then nothing's gonna charge.

Y'all just probably never noticed the intermittent blinking to green on the status indicator on the charger cable. It does this all along during the charge cycle and the frequency of a green blip showing up increases as the battery charge increases. Initially it will be a very long time - several minutes - between those green blips. Toward the end of the charge cycle you may see a green blip every 5 seconds before it goes to solid green. Both my Joye 510 and eGo charger do this same thing.

Now quit staring at your chargers and go vape something!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast