2 months + and spending money like crazy
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2 months + and spending money like crazy

Smile 2 months + and spending money like crazy

LOL Everyone thinks that since I don't buy cigarettes anymore that I'm saving all kinds of cash. NOT! It takes a while to settle in to what works best for you and so far the Halo G6 is my goto for when I'm out fishing or running in and out of places. At home I've settled in with the iGo (6 units for all the flavors I like) which is cool cause its based on the G6 808 threads and has similar vaping characteristics. Today I ordered a bunch of the iGo clear cartos. I hope they are better than the other clearomizers I've tried. they all tasted funny or got fluids in my mouth or were harsh. I won't name names but there was more than a couple tried.

Anyway I can't believe how easy it was to quit (It's been over 2 1/2 months now), with a good e cig, after trying all kinds of crap from the doctor for over 30 years and a few gas station e cigs that just didn't satisfy me. Thank you to whoever came up with this idea. I am breathing better than ever but gaining weight like crazy too.
    Cheechako and durgidog like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ezmarc View Post
    LOL Everyone thinks that since I don't buy cigarettes anymore that I'm saving all kinds of cash. NOT! It takes a while to settle in to what works best for you and so far the Halo G6 is my goto for when I'm out fishing or running in and out of places. At home I've settled in with the iGo (6 units for all the flavors I like) which is cool cause its based on the G6 808 threads and has similar vaping characteristics. Today I ordered a bunch of the iGo clear cartos. I hope they are better than the other clearomizers I've tried. they all tasted funny or got fluids in my mouth or were harsh. I won't name names but there was more than a couple tried.

Anyway I can't believe how easy it was to quit (It's been over 2 1/2 months now), with a good e cig, after trying all kinds of crap from the doctor for over 30 years and a few gas station e cigs that just didn't satisfy me. Thank you to whoever came up with this idea. I am breathing better than ever but gaining weight like crazy too.
    I personally found if I drink about 8oz of water every hour or so my food intake dropped. Once I found myself taking longer and longer vape sessions and not drinking enough water I noticed my food intake starting to climb.
    Boodle and Samyaza like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't had the weight gain problems but with the cost of cigarettes these days I am actuallly saveing money from my carton a Weekly habit even spending 200 on my last pv.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by irahuff View Post
    I haven't had the weight gain problems but with the cost of cigarettes these days I am actuallly saveing money from my carton a Weekly habit even spending 200 on my last pv.
    3 mod starter kits in, 30+ cartomizers, and 2 50ml and 1 100ml juice in 3 months and I have spent about $50 less then what I spent just 1 month on analogs.
    durgidog likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Try to keep an eye on your finances but reallize that your life and health are priceless! Some people spend their money on new golf clubs or collecting baseball cards. I'm allowing myself (for a short period of time, at least) to enjoy my hobby. Have Fun and Be Healthy... nothing wrong w/ that.

Welcome and congrats on your success in quitting the analogs!
    jdrewry, n2tkd, ejervjero and 2 others like this.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ejervjero View Post
    3 mod starter kits in, 30+ cartomizers, and 2 50ml and 1 100ml juice in 3 months and I have spent about $50 less then what I spent just 1 month on analogs.
    That is AWSOME! Still saving cash! I have been buying my cartos at Vaporbeast because they have the best prices and free shipping! Also Madvapes juice 50 mls of juice for under 9 bucks!

Oh, I'm enjoying this for now. The cash savings will come when the thrill of buying new stuff wears. I've bought a lot of juice and so far like the Halo juices best. The weight will come off when it warms up and life will be good!

I gave my son a few batteries and some cartos and he is down to just a few cigs a day at most and going without some days. He says he prefers the e cigs overall but isn't ready to pull the trigger on quitting. I didn't plan on quitting either when I got my first good kit from Halo. It just happened and wasn't stressful at all.
    36tinybells likes this.

I'm a Panda Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think you'll find that once you get into buying blank cartos and making your own e-liquid, cost will drop drastically. I spend about $25-30 for supplies every two-three months and I vape regularly. I also have to buy new blanks maybe once every two weeks. So add another $15-20 a month. It's not bad. Considering I was a half a pack smoke to a full pack a day at about $5-6 each, so it does save money. Plus I love the fact that I can vape at my desk in the office. It's handy.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hey EZmarc! Welcome from another Ohio vaper who is also struggling to get the elusive budget under control. oooohh, shiney, must have it...
    Cheechako likes this.

Account closed on request

I'm spending more on vaping supplies, that is for sure. Weight is staying about the same, unfortunately.
    marlou and dlsw like this.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast