Soooo confused
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Soooo confused

Default Soooo confused

Hi everyone.

I'm new to vaping, wanting to cut down on my ciggies. Bought a cheap look-alike to try and found that I could use an e cig to cut out half of my daily cigs. I now want to go further. Whenever I'm thinking of buying something, I always do masses of research. This helps me understand the options and narrow down my choices until I make my decision. Until, that is, I started looking into this e-cig maze.

Over the last 24 hours I've almost bought a 510t, then wavered and considered (in quick succession) a Riva 1100, an eGo T, an eGo C, and and ..... carts or tanks, tanks or carts

What is it about this subject that has me getting more confused rather than less?
    Hummingbird likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hello & welcome OneDay

If I was you, I'd go for the Riva 1100, good deal from Vape Escape UK, ask for the atties to be swapped for Boge cartos at check out & you'll get 10 cartos with it. Use discount code ECF10 for 10% off -

The Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit 34.95 - Deluxe Vaping Kits - Riva 1100 Kit Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

If you go for the above standard but high mAh Riva with Boge cartos, you can always try tanks etc on it at a later date.
    Ladypixel likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Maestro's Avatar

None is perfect for everybody or even every situation for a single person. I'd suggest an ego style kit because there are so many options for it and you can get whatever fits your needs once you figure out what they are.
    nansc likes this.
    I've given up trying to be a good example and decided to settle for being a horrible warning.

With so many options out there, its pretty normal to be confused. The eGo was a nice starter PV for myself, but I fount that the eGo-t atomizers were more of a pain to maintain and get consistently good flavor and hit out of. I switched to a drip atomizer on the eGo battery, and was happier, but got annoyed with having to worry about having the bottle always handy. Hated cartomizers because it seemed like unless I dripped almost as often as I was with a drip atomizer, I'd get the nasty carto burning taste. Found a nice compromise with the DCT tank on the same eGo battery, just at the tradeoff of having a larger sized device. One thing I will defintely recommend is getting something with a manual button and sealed battery. Shorting out automatic batteries is no fun, and expensive.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

That's because it is confusing. Don't worry, we're all there.

I'll sound like a broken record again: how much do you smoke and what? What did you like about your first PV? What didn't you like and why do you want to upgrade? What kind of slim you have: three-piece (atty-cart) or two-piece (cartos)?

It sounds like you want a bigger PV with a little more power, but you're not sure if you want to go for cartomizers or the tank-atty setup. Going for an "Ego-style" like Riva 1100 is a good step up. I will urge you to consider the KGO or the E-Power if you stick with this form factor. These are very good, tried and tested devices. We can talk more about them if you stay interested. They provide a little higher and more constant voltage, and they work really well.

There are a lot of people here who like the tank-atty setup, but the catch is once you get your Ego-style you can use pretty much anything that's out there for the "510 thread connection". Therefore, you don't have to make a choice for either, you will be able to use both. You don't have to get an Ego-C (inferior battery) - when you can get a KGO/E-Power and then get the "Ego-C" just the tank-atty and use it on them!

My take is that although some start up with a tank-atty setup like "Ego-C", cartomizers are more likely to give you less hassle, less maintenance, more consistent results. That could be better to start with, and then experiment, rather than start with something that might leak, or provide insufficient throat hit, or give other issues.

Anyway, when we'll know more of what you expect from your next PV, we may consider other options as well.

For now, my personal experience says: KGO + Boge LR cartomizers = win. Then, you'll be able to play with low resistance atomizers, tank-atty, carto-tanks, clearomizers, Stardusts and many others on the KGO / E-Power battery.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to the forum.Why don't you ju get a EGO 650 with cartos,nothings easier IMO.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Your going to try lots of stuff before you figure out what you need. I did. No one listens but, you're better off going with generic batteries. Take a look at the eGo e-power 3.7V at Liberty Flights. I know you're going to buy a Kgo/eGo/Riva instead but, I tried

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Oh I assure you, your head will continue to spin for a while. I've been at this for a couple months and have bearly scratched the surface. Don't let that discourage you. This world is mostly about trial and error. You'll get some good advice and tricks of the trade but its so personal and the experience so unique you're going to have to figure out what works for you.

Personally I knew that the "cig look-a-like" starters weren't going to be enough for me so started with an E-go-T. Which I love and within 4 weeks went to a VV but still use most of my Ego parts and keep it around for a back up (so money wasn't wasted). But my sister started with a cig look a like and she loves it. So no telling...

Account closed on request

The confusion you are feeling is part of the fun of vaping. It may take you a while to settle on what you like, but it is completely up to you to decide. When looking, don't forget the bottomfeeders. They carry juice on board and are some of the most hassle free mods out there. Just a thought, and welcome!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I will strongly advise the Riva that others have mentioned. It is the same size batteries as is used on the ego, the kgo, etc, but the Riva batteries are a true 3.7 volt battery, where the ego batteries are more around a 3.4 volt battery. The Rivas also have a more comfortable button. Similarly, the kgo is a great option.

Anything that has a 510 threading can be used on those batteries. That means that you can, over time, try multiple options: cartomizers, cartridge/atomizer combinations, punched cartomizers with an external tank that slides overtop, the ego-T tank and atomizer system, etcetera. There are a WHOLE lot of options out there.

I liked the ego-T at first, but the atomizers tend to get gunked up rather quickly, and so I began to search for other options that didn't require me to have a whole lot of extra atomizers so I could clean them constantly. That search led me to cartomizers, and I like cartomizers, but I discovered that I prefer cartomizers that have a hole punched in the side so they can be used with the external cartomizer tanks. I also REALLY like clearomizers, as it's the ego-T tanks without the frustration of degunking atomizers and a lot less leak potential.

So I keep a bunch of small clearomizers around so I can have a bunch of different flavors ready to vape at a moment's notice. I keep larger clearomizers around for flavors I vape often, but not often enough to devote a cartomizer tank to. And I have cartomizer tanks for the flavors that I go through large quantities of.

These all work on my Riva and ego batteries just fine. I also have some variable voltage mods, and I use the carto tanks on those as well.

That's my personal experience there, and everyone's tastes are slightly different. You may find you like the same sort of things I do. You may find differently. But no matter what you choose, I can tell you this: if you get a Riva/kgo/ego-sized battery (no matter the mah -- although I advise 900's at a minimum), you'll use those batteries for a long time, no matter what type of setup you have mounted on them. And frankly, the cheapest way to start is to buy a starter kit for that sort of system.

To give you an actual size comparison, the ego/Riva/kgo type 900-mah batteries are about the same diameter as a Sharpie marker and, depending on what you put on top of them, will (on average) end up being about the same length as a Sharpie, too. So they're a little wider than an analog cigarette, but not uncomfortably so... and the length of the battery life is a lot better than the cigarette-sized models that are out there.

Best of luck!
    Warren D. Lockaby likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast