Battery lifespan?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery lifespan?

Default Battery lifespan?

From what I was reading on the FAQ of a site i'm planning on buying from, the life span of a typical e-cig battery, specifically the Joye 510 is only 3 weeks. Is that right? Does that mean I'm going to have to turn around and purchase new batteries every month? I figured the life span on a rechargable battery would be a little longer than that.

Sorry if it seems like a noob question, it just seems like that's going to get expensive real quick.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I varies for sure. But, I've been vaping since October 2011 and still use the same ego batt that came with my kit. One has died. Two other ones I've purchased for spares are also still going strong for months now.

BTW, don't leave your batteries on charge un attended or overnight. Just a safety precaution. Batteries and chargers have failed in the past.

Full Member Verified Member DeJaVou42's Avatar

The battery may have a 3 week warranty, but i would imagine that it would last for much longer. I'm still using my batteries that i bought back in October. If you posted a link to the site, we could help you a little more.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't think I'd buy from there. What kind of a warranty do they offer?

Every battery has x amount of cycles. I think the 510 has around 200 cycles. You battery won't last as long as a bigger battery because it's charged more often. It helps the life of a battery if you charge it before it's dead and you don't use LR cartos/attys. After x amount of charges the battery (any battery) decreases in the amount of time it holds a charge. You get about an hour of continous vaping per 100 mah.

Even if you're a heavy vapor and charge it 3x a day, it should last longer than 3 weeks.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had 510 manual batteries for two years, they did wear down, maybe lasting 2-3 hours on a charge but they still worked. Also had two 306 automatic batteries still going after 1 year. Actually now that I think about it.... I've never had a battery go bad. just hold less charge.

:P

Thanks for the replies. I bit the bullet and ordered it anyways. Ordered from https://www.myvaporstore.com/help.asp

Here's a quote from the FAQ page:
    What is the average lifespan of an ecig battery or atomizer?
    Batteries, atomizers, and cartridges should be treated as consumables because they will degrade from normal use.
    The average lifespan of a battery is 3 weeks and up depending on use. (Batteries need to be replaced every 3-6 weeks)
    The average life of an atomizer is 3 weeks and up depending on use. (Atomizers need to be replaced every 3-6 weeks)
    They didn't mention a warranty, but the starter kit for the joye 510 was only 39.95 anyways so it's not a huge deal if I get a POS. I did some research on here and, from the vendor subform for this company, it seems like most people have had good experiences with myvaporstore.com.

I bought 3 bottles of 10ml eliquid so I figured that would be a good start. Any ideas on how long that will last me?

Thanks
    Last edited by bridges31; 03-28-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

3 bottles 3 weeks at 10ml roughly, depends on how heavy you vape, everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullmastiffguy View Post
    3 bottles 3 weeks at 10ml roughly, depends on how heavy you vape, everyone is different.

Wow that's much more than I thought I would get out of it.

Thanks.

They also shipped it very quickly. I ordered it, and they shipped it out within an hour after placing my order. It's coming from New York City (to New Hampshire) so I might even get this as early as tomorrow, if not Friday.

10 ml of 36mg 33%VG lasted me 20 days, where 10ml of 24mg 33%VG lasted ~10.

I smoked 2-3 packs of Camels/Pall Mall a day, so assume my plazma nic levels were in the high range....hence the 36mg juice.

If I vaped for flavor only, I would probably use 1-3ml a day. Vaping for my nic level, I pause when needed and use less, down to .7ml a day of the high octane 36mg. I tend to use less of the higher nic level juice, if that makes sense, I hope I said what I thought I said. LOL

Bottom line is, your mileage should vary, depending on your vaping motivation and nicotene needs.

The max charge of the batteries drop, but they're good for at least 6 months with every day use. Talkin' 'bout ego batteries and such.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast