hello! new here -obviously-
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: hello! new here -obviously-

Default hello! new here -obviously-

i recently started vaping about a month ago and have been working hard to kick analogs from my life, started with a Ego-t kit that me and my girlfriend split between us [one battery per person, one atty per person and bought extra tanks/another charger] and i am loving it!
    AutumnWolf and Maile like this.

Absinthe Minded Diva! Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Welcome to ECF Logan!! Congrats to you both and best of luck on your journey to be smoke free!

Last TC take - 12/14/12

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnWolf View Post
    Welcome to ECF Logan!! Congrats to you both and best of luck on your journey to be smoke free!
    sadly i fell off the wagon last Saturday and Sunday, smoking friend -who i am converting to vaping, yes, join the dark side- had a pack of unopened smokes on him when my car charger i got for free with my kit decided to explode in my cigarette lighter, the parts that came out became lodged inside and shorted my entire dashboard circuit, killing my radio and the only way i had to charge my ego, and miles from home i resorted to it, tasted HORRIBLE and i felt like i was going to die from it, but all is well now, it just blew a fuse

PV Master ECF Veteran

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your charger. Anything can happen with electronics, get yourself some backup supplies.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Whew!! Close call. Backups, backups, backups. The 3 most important words in vaping.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to ECF. Congratulations on starting this journey in exploring a safer alternative.

Most of us are pretty assiduous in ensuring that we have backups for our backups to avoid the situation you found yourself in (where we don't have access to a working PV)... sort of a holdover from the days of ensuring we always had a backup pack. I almost always carry at least two devices on me. I'm glad your car is back working and it just took a fuse (and some troubleshooting) to fix it.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

welcome to ECF. like the others have said back ups are key. while it seems perfect to split the kit with the GF and to start out it may be ok but later on you will find its better if each has at least 2 of each part. I learned that lesson a few weeks ago. I had bought a 510-t kit from one supplier and some cartos, e-juice from another and and then a spare battery and an atomizer from another. well the spare battery, atomizer, and e-juice came in the same day so I figured I would drip until the rest came in. well that didn't last long...I burnt out the atty (most likely from not putting enough drops or something) and was then stuck with all of these wonderful flavors of e-juice I was ready to try and no way to try them until the kit came in. Today though I bought me some more stuff. I went and ordered the firefly kit from liberty flights so I can have some longer lasting ego type batteries and since ego and 510 stuff are interchangeable I can use it all for the most part with each other.

i know now, and i am sad to say that i am looking into some of the cheaper alternatives, i will go to a walmart and buy a myst or whatever it is is if i have to, but i am still searching for a larger battery mod that could supplement my rather poor backup plan, which is to curl up in a ball and cry till i can vape again, then again! if anyone wants to send me a free PV... it would be rude to refuse, right? haha
    ambeck22 likes this.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

also pass throughs are another good back up for batteries if at home or in a car. And they are usually about $20 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by djwyman View Post
    also pass throughs are another good back up for batteries if at home or in a car. And they are usually about $20 or less.
    could you link me? something with the 510 connector and better if not equal to my 900mah [i think] joyetech?

Edit: i just looked it up and all i can find are the small battery ones labeled as usb pass-through batteries
    Edit #2: found one, nearly $30! can i get one cheaper? http://thevaporroom.net/10egpa.html
    Last edited by nalo; 03-30-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast