Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Just bought my first ecig...

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tica02 View Post
    I have been perusing different sites for hours and sadly I want to buy everything haha. I'm definitely sure the kGo seems like the best choice. Still looking for liquid for fairly cheap. Going to go with fruit flavors as those seem to be something I'd like the most. The cheapest I can find for a 30ml bottle is like 14.95, but I think I'll get a bunch of 15ml instead in case I'm not that fond of the flavors.
    You're right. The kGo would be your best option, only after the e-Power, but maybe the e-Power is too fat or doesn't come in a color you like or something, so it's not an earth-shaking issue. (Maybe you haven't seen the more svelte 16450 e-Power?).

Good idea not to get large bottles right off the bat. I would say get 5ml-10ml samples. It stinks getting stuck with 30ml, or even 15ml, bottles of something you don't even like. The TastyVapors "doubler" thing is a great deal if you already know you like a particular flavor. I'm not sure if they do smaller sample sizes, but it might be worth a look because if you do find something you like, you can end up with a good amount of juice for a good price.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    You're right. The kGo would be your best option, only after the e-Power, but maybe the e-Power is too fat or doesn't come in a color you like or something, so it's not an earth-shaking issue. (Maybe you haven't seen the more svelte 16450 e-Power?).
    I just learned a lot about battery sizes and how the tell you right off the bat how "svelte" the device that they go in will be.

The first two digits of a rechargeable battery indicate the diameter, the next two are the length, and the "0" means it's a round battery.

Example: a 14650 battery is 14mm in diameter, 65mm long, and round.

Therefore, an e-Power 14650 is going to be almost exactly the same size as a Joyetech 1000mah eGo battery/power unit. As for colors, I think they come in black and stainless.

The e-Power 18650 might be what you're thinking of - a big fatty that looks to be about as fat as a ProVari. (Sweet-vapes confusingly refers to it as an "Ego").

I say again, I'd get the e-Power 14650, from sweet-vapes, and this is coming from a guy who still needs to order 3 of them from them, and you might get the last one.
    Last edited by John D in CT; 04-01-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by John D in CT View Post
    I just learned a lot about battery sizes and how the tell you right off the bat how "svelte" the device that they go in will be.

The first two digits of a rechargeable battery indicate the diameter, the next two are the length, and the "0" means it's a round battery.

Example: a 14650 battery is 14mm in diameter, 65mm long, and round.

Therefore, an e-Power 14650 is going to be almost exactly the same size as a Joyetech 1000mah eGo battery/power unit. As for colors, I think they come in black and stainless.

The e-Power 18650 might be what you're thinking of - a big fatty that looks to be about as fat as a ProVari. (Sweet-vapes confusingly refers to it as an "Ego").

I say again, I'd get the e-Power 14650, from sweet-vapes, and this is coming from a guy who still needs to order 3 of them from them, and you might get the last one.
    Can you link me the one you're looking at, I see a couple different kinds. I love the look of that kGo I picked out, but I could be swayed because it's cheaper.

Right now, the best deal I know of is 10ml bottles for $0.99 from Goodprophets.com
    I can't make my own juice that cheap, so I stocked up even though I never even tried their juice before. For a dime a ml, how bad can it be?[/QUOTE]

Sailorman, I checked this site, and could not find this deal. Is it over? Is it Chinese juice?

Quote Originally Posted by John D in CT View Post
    The e-Power 18650 might be what you're thinking of - a big fatty that looks to be about as fat as a ProVari. (Sweet-vapes confusingly refers to it as an "Ego").....
    The e-power that sweetvapes calls an ego IS an eGo e-power. It's different than a Smoketech e-Power. The e-Go e-Power has a one-piece battery tube and switch assembly. The Smoketech epower has a separate, replaceable switch assembly. So, the Smoketech epower is preferable to the eGo epower.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROnicVāPr View Post
    Sailorman, I checked this site, and could not find this deal. Is it over? Is it Chinese juice?
    It could be over. I bought mine 3 or 4 days ago. I haven't tried it yet but, from the comments I've seen, it's good, not great, but good. I don't know if it's Chinese or not. It's not re-labeled Dekang. In the end, 99% of juice is Chinese anyway. Some of it is just mixed here. If you ever saw the inside of a big Chinese juice factory, it would impress you. I'd have no problem licking the floor of a Dekang factory.
    ZEROnicVāPr likes this.

Here's the 14650 E-Power.
    comes with cartos.
    E-Power 14650

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Can I ask why you recommend that over the kGo? I'd like to know the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by tica02 View Post
    Can I ask why you recommend that over the kGo? I'd like to know the differences.
    The kGo, and all the eGo type PVs are sealed batteries. Batteries don't last forever. Their lifespan is usually around 4-6 months or so (You do however get 2 of them in a kit).

The e-Power alone is not a sealed up battery. When the battery dies, you replace it for maybe $5 or so. When the kGo dies, you replace the whole thing for $14-20.

Also, if the switch on a Smoketech e-Power fails, you can replace it. If the switch on a kGo or eGo fails, you replace the whole thing, again at $14-20.

So, in the long run, the Smoketech e-Power is less expensive to maintain. It's not "disposable". Only the batteries are.

Also, when better 14650 batteries are available, you can use them.
    Plus, if you travel, you can carry a handful of batteries instead of a handful of kGos.

Sometimes, I'm away from electricity or a computer for a week or two.
    I can carry a bunch of charged batteries. If I used a kGo, I'd have to carry 10 of them.
    I can also use a solar charger if I need to., But that's just me.
    Last edited by sailorman; 04-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.
    ZEROnicVāPr likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    The e-power that sweetvapes calls an ego IS an eGo e-power. It's different than a Smoketech e-Power. The e-Go e-Power has a one-piece battery tube and switch assembly. The Smoketech epower has a separate, replaceable switch assembly. So, the Smoketech epower is preferable to the eGo epower.
    You seem to be saying that there is a manufacturer called e-Go that makes a line of power units that they call e-power. That is a new one on me.

I bought Smoktech 14650 E-power power units that are slimmer than what some manufacturers are calling an eGo, which again, I say is misleading because of the somewhat standardized meaning of an "eGo-type" PV which tend to measure 14mm in diameter, not 18mm.

The industry had better get their ..... straight and stop confusing the hell out of everyone with their asinine terminology.

"The e-power that sweetvapes calls an ego IS an eGo e-power. It's different than a Smoketech e-Power".

This thing http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page...category_id=22 at Sweet-vapes is a Smoktech Ego e-power, uses an 18650 battery, and is 18mm wide, as opposed to the 14mm of a Joyetch eGo battery. That is why I say it's confusing to call it an "Ego", and not something like the "SuperEgo". And I have my doubts as to you being correct about distinguishing this device from a Smoktech, when they are saying it's a Smoktech.

"I'm not sure if they do smaller sample sizes, but it might be worth a look because if you do find something you like, you can end up with a good amount of juice for a good price"

They sell sample sizes of their 15 best-selling flavors, $6.75 for 10ml.

http://www.tastyvapor.us/sample-liqu...ddbea518065dce
    Last edited by John D in CT; 04-02-2012 at 04:23 AM.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast