Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Just bought my first ecig...

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think it's fairly hasty to assume any of those things about my husband. I'm just one of those people that buys expensive things that I end up not using, or constantly trades in things for newer expensiver things (I've been through 6 smart phones in just over a year. He just gets frustrated by it. I don't really blame him for saying "hey this is going to get expensive really quick". He's in Florida for wrestlemania so it's all been through texting and not really conducive to him understanding.

I'm going to sit down this weekend and compare the lavatube, ego-t, epower, and the kgo and see which would suit my needs the best. The kGO seems to sound fairly expensive at replacing parts.

I appreciate the healthy debate in this thread. It's nice to see that people will stick up for things they feel strongly about and see people genuinely try to help me find the right thing.

2. Advertisement
    ECF Veteran

Also I saw you mention the Stardust. Am I blind in not finding it or can you link it to me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

4. Advertisement
    ECF Veteran

I'm looking towards the e-power (I couldn't wait til the weekend to compare!), because of the ease of replacing elements. So now that brings a few more questions of course!

How much do the cartos hold?
    How durable is that button really? If it breaks, am I going to be out of luck until I get a new one?
    Can I still use clearomizers or a tank with a drip tip?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Bless your heart.....all of this is confusing isn't it? I just read through this entire thread and I'm more confused than ever, so I know u have to be! I've been vaping since 2/18 and wow at the info here.....its a lot to absorb! Me myself.....I have an eGO.....have no idea if its a smoketech brand or what.....think it may be a joye. I also have 3 510 batteries that I carry in my car when I go somewhere......most of the time I leave my big one(eGO 900mAH)at home. The fittings.....attys, and tanks, fit the 510s and the eGO.....parts are all interchangable thank goodness! I have a bud tank, a clearomizer w/mini drop tip attached and a 510 tank.....all 3 tanks hold about a ml of juice each. Everyone here is so helpful.....and this isn't even my thread.....and I am sooooo confused! That's bad isn't it???

Full Member ECF Veteran

*drip tip......I cent type today either it seems! Lol! Geez......wish I for figure out how to post pics on here so I could show mind to everyone and maybe someone could tell me what brand eGO it is. I know my 519s are joye....

Full Member ECF Veteran

*510s.......I give up! LOL!!

Welcome!

Greeting from Germany!

ECF Veteran

Haha nice to meet you koticat! Yes I'm fairly confused. I looked and looked at that e-power and still after watching some reviews I really want that kGo. I might just have to get it because I want it so bad and hope I don't regret it!
    Samyaza likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi -

Your reply prompted me to review what I said about your husband's reaction to your vaping pursuits, and fortunately, I don't think I have anything to apologize about. I think you know more about this stuff than he does, and about what's going to work best for you to keep you from killing yourself with cigarettes. It just doesn't sound as if your first purchase is very well-suited for meeting that objective. If he does indeed trust your judgment and care enough about what's important to you, then great.

Also, in my defense, I'll point out that I made those observations before you shared with us that you purchased six smart phones in the space of just over a year. That is a lot of smart phones, and that makes me wonder if you'll be satisfied with a kGo. I don't see what makes it any more special than any other 3.7v power source, and if you want to keep your vaping economical, replaceable batteries are the way to go, not a power unit that you'll have to periodically replace in its entirety.

The wild card in this equation is the fact that higher-voltage devices give a significantly more satisying vaping experience than 3.4-3.7 devices. Using a cell phone analogy, I think that for you, getting a kGo is going to seem to you, in short order, like you just bought a non-touchscreen phone with a so-so display and spotty coverage.

I just happened to come across a 5-volt Smoktech device that is very cheap and will probably be getting some recognition soon. I wrote about it in another thread: Help a newbie find a perfect mod!

"I just found out about a PV that sounds very good and doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention.

I was just talking to Chris at Tasty Vapor (he was returning a phone message of mine asking about nic strengths and menthol tobacco - I was impressed that they got back to me so quickly - or at all, for that matter) - and I happened to ask him what PV he was rocking at the moment. He said he uses the Smoktech Woo; 5 volts, replaceable batteries (2 x 16340) - and that he loves it. For $70 (on sale this week, reg. $75), you get:

•1 x 5v Regulated "Woo" Tube
    •4 x 16340 Batteries (3.7v, 650mAh, unprotected)
    •4 x 2.0 ohm Ego Dual Coil Cartomizers, 5ml capacity, whistle tip
    •1 TrustFire Multifunctional Charger
    •1 x 10ml Tasty Vapor Sample of your choice

I ordered one on the spot as part of my learning curve.

I'm convinced that higher volts will yield a more pleasurable vape. I ordered a selection of Smoktech x and xl cartos in both 2.0 and 2.5 ohm, and am eager to try it out.

I'm currently using using a Joyetech eGo-T with the Joye A tanks and 1.5 cartos, and am getting some eGo-C attys just to see what they're about. I just got about four Smoktech e-power 14650 kits for friends, but this might become my new recommendation.

Still not sure why this PV hasn't generated more buzz than it seems to have so far".

It's also available at Clouds of Vapor, and when you read the user reviews of it on their site I just don't see how you're going to be able to pull the trigger on a kGo.

New! 5v Wow Mod

Vaping at higher voltages gives you more flavor, better vapor production, and just a better experience overall. Check out this device.

http://www.tastyvapor.us/smok-woo-ki...ddbea518065dce

Just found a YouTube video from "JeffAKASlinger" who just got back from Vapefest a few hours ago and immediately uploaded this video about the Woo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVFexgxdWnY

I'm now more convinced than ever that if you get a kGo you'll soon be kicking yourself halfway across the country.

Call Tasty Vapor tomorrow and ask Chris why it would be better than a kGo, Joyetech eGo, any other -go, or any 3.4-3.7v device. 1-888-389-3229.
    Last edited by John D in CT; 04-03-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tica02 View Post
    I'm looking towards the e-power (I couldn't wait til the weekend to compare!), because of the ease of replacing elements. So now that brings a few more questions of course!

How much do the cartos hold?
    How durable is that button really? If it breaks, am I going to be out of luck until I get a new one?
    Can I still use clearomizers or a tank with a drip tip?
    I just want to make sure you're crystal clear on something. Any power unit with 510 threads can be used with any vaping device (atomizer, cartomizer, clearomizer, big tanks, Joyetech eGo tanks (with a Joyetech eGo-C or -T atomizer), or anything else out there that uses that most common thread pattern. What you're really deciding on is a power unit/PV/battery/call it what you will. That's why I said that since you're going to be spending money on attachments anyway, and on a continuing basis as atomizers die and tanks crack or leak, that you might as well have the best possible device that you can justify powering them. Consider a higher-voltage device like the Woo.

Smoktech Woo.jpg
    Last edited by John D in CT; 04-03-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast