What's Your Story ?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: What's Your Story ?

لــــونــــــا Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Question What's Your Story ?

What's Your Story ? How you start Vap, or Discovered or Found E-Cig ?
    The most importan question is . WHY YOU LEFT REGULAR SMOKING ???!

Dont you think it's a good idea to tell us Your Story ?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Bullette the Cowdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ASHeS View Post

Good morning' Ash
    You go first?

لــــونــــــا Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I will tell my Story .

I love smoke and I’ve never thought that I will leave it for any reason ! Even that I knew about e-cig for like 1 year and half or 2 years now . But I've never thought I will like it or that one day I will be mad about it and I will leave my Red Marlboro witch I consider it as my soul mate for almost 12 years lol As I've never changed me smoke since I started it.

Suddenly after am marred an like most my wife told me that in 9 month's will have baby . in the beginning I didn’t think about smoke at all , but day after day and month after month I start to think like I don’t want him to smell smoke specially that we live in room I love to have everything in one room , and I don’t want to keep move out and in just for smoke !!
    So I remembered e-cig again and I said why don’t try it I will not loss anything .
    So I start with Green Smoke I found it's really like Regular smoke but much better now smell of the smoke air is always fresh on my room now , and no harm on health I feel better. so I start to discover with you guys the new way for e-cig witch make it more interest for me .

The funny thing that my dad had a fight and almost a war with me for nearly 13 years of smoke he tried everything to let me just stop it and it's never worked with him lol. and now a baby " That I've never SEE yet " changed My life in everything and his bigger change was to let me stop smoke.

And now am sure when my baby will arrive he will not smell or live in smoking atmosphere. I even change my family from smoking in everywhere at home to just smoke out of home or on them room.

So what your story ???
    bodrell, TomCatt, mg7454 and 2 others like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Bullette the Cowdog's Avatar

Ok. Now it's my turn.
    I started smoking @ age 14.
    Quit thru a program called "SmokeEnders" @ age 30-31.
    Basically quit for 25 years.
    Then when I had a bad work/employment stress situation, I picked up again...yes, after 25 years!
    Smoked some more for about 10 years. Then couldn't quit again. Tried nic gum. Tried cold turkey. Tried hypnosis. Still couldn't stay quit.
    Picked up Blu. Good for a few days. Found ECF. Thank you Higher Power for finding ECF for me. Bought a Kgo & the other day I plumb forgot to smoke! Didn't smoke yesterday either. Haven't smoked yet today.
    One day at a time.
    That's my story.
    Bullette the Cowdog says woof.

Started smoking when I was about 14 and smoked steady for about 35 years a pack to 2 packs a day. First few times I tried electronic cigarettes (used the little skinny ones with the LED light on the end) I didn't care for them too much and then found the Ego and aint hardly as much as had a cigarettes in the past 2 months. Still constantly swapping around with the tanks, cartomisers and atomizers to find the perfect combo but as of late have stuck with the bifg fat dual coil ego cartimizers. Like I said I aint had a smoke in over two moths now and I'm also down to zero nicotine e-juice also in the process of gearing up to start making my own juice. I've been kinda hung on Butter Rum & Cinnamon flavored juices of late.
    mg7454 and Wondertwin like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Alright, my turn, I smoked since I was 17 years old, basically in my first year on college, I smoked around 10 cigies a day and of course I loved it, quit three times, each try was for three years, so I quit for 9 years but not constantly, in 2009 I was diagnosed with Cancer (melanoma) and I was in chemical therapy and quit instantly, however I discovered the hookah and I was hocked for about five months, then I was back to analogs again for about a couple of months.

My friend which is also my car mechanic quit smoking after chain smoking for about 20 years, he told me about the Blu and I went to the Walgreens (the pharmacy) and I bough the Blu, I was so happy with the flavor but of course i hated the battery, I tried the volt ,the mistic and the green smoke, the kGo and finally the Provari, will never go back to analog again , don't have time to waist anyway.
    singu, mg7454, dlsw and 1 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ASHeS View Post

btw, Congrats, is the baby your first?
    mg7454 likes this.

Vapor Fanatic ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

First, congratulations on your baby!

My story is very similar to others here. I'd been smoking since I was about 14 years old, varying between half a PAD to 2 PAD at different times. During the 30+ years I smoked, I managed to "pause" for months or years at a time, but always went back during stressful or festive (drinking) occasions.

Back in February of this year, a family member was diagnosed with COPD and as fate would have it, they came across a vape shop on the way home from the doctor's office. About a day later, I got an email from them basically telling me that I had to try this "new" technology and I ordered a 901t kit that day. I've been hooked ever since, and the few times I've tested analogs again I've found that I really don't like them anymore.
    mg7454, dlsw and Wondertwin like this.

Smoked since 15 (am 21 now) but figured I should quit sometime from the filtered Camels and Newports. Fast forward to college summer classes and I saw someone puff on their Blu in the middle of class. I really loved the concept and health benefits so I got a Blu kit myself a few years later. Not satisfied (and feeling ripped off), I bought an Ego battery. Yet still not satisfied, I got an Icon and have been happily dripping on it.
    Wondertwin likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Wink

Hi

Well i started smoking when i was 12 and by the time i was 16 i was on a pack a day, before i started vaping i had gone up to 2 packs a day. The only times i managed to stop smoking were during pregnancy, even the diganosis of adult onset intrinsic asthma didn't stop me. I had concluded that i would probably be a smoker for the rest of my life.

Then i came across vaping, i thought it looked like a fun gadget with some interesting flavours plus the price of analogues here in the uk is ridiculous, with taxes going up on them every year it is now ~7 per packet (~$11) and two packs a day well you can see the expense was getting rather large, especially on a phd stipend. So i figured i would give it a go and borrowed a friends standard 510 kit a couple of weeks ago. From the very first day i was off analogues which i never thought would happen, i figured i would get bored of it and go back to 'the real thing'. I have had no real cravings although i have started on 24mg juice

It's over two weeks now, i have my own kit on order (some 280 mah 510's with smokemisers for out and about and an ego 900 with vision ego clearomisers for in the house) plus lots of fun juices to try. Oh and the money i have saved so far and for the next months has menat i can also bribe myself with an ipad..............thank you vaping
    mg7454, Wondertwin and ego-fan like this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast