Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Greetings! A bit of advice, please!

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bobsy View Post
    Thanks for all the advice! Badmotivator - I'm not sure I'm quite ready to make the jump to something like that - I'm very much the noob and am not sure I'd have the balls to stand in a bar with one of those!!!

So how's about this as a deal? original EGO TANK T-serie by TCT
    It strikes me as pretty cheap, no?! Also - the whole auto/manual thing. I'm very happy with my auto battery at the moment - yet the veterans seem to prefer manuals... Is there are huge difference? Also - how many atomizers do you guys and girls get through? Just looking at running costs - that's all!

Rob
    The difference between auto and manual is the auto has an air hole on top of the battery that activates a switch to turn the battery on when you inhale. Most people find they have to do a double inhale, one to start warming the atty and the other to inhale. Also, any liquid that leaks into the air hole may damage the electronics inside the battery.

A kit is only necessary if you don't know what you want. Unless you want the tank system, don't buy the 'T' kit. I suggest, while you are looking at everything, an eGo type pass-through battery (1000 - 1100mah). They use a USB cable to charge. It plugs into the bottom end and allows you to continue vaping while it charges. The USB can be plugged into a computer, a wall outlet, or a car adapter.

The Vision eGo clearomizer LR (low resistance 2.0 ohm range) is a good beginners clearo. The top screws on so there are no leaks and they are matched to the eGo for power and style. They usually last a month or more. Easy to rinse and clean.

These are all just suggestions. I know there is a lot out there. Many of us have started where you did and are trying to help you avoid mistakes we made. You are an individual and have to decide what will best suit your needs. Happy Hunting.

Relax! Enjoy!
    Last edited by X P3 Flight Engineer; 04-14-2012 at 04:42 AM.

My Hobby is my Hobie !
    (Mirage Tandem Island)

2. Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice! Badmotivator - I'm not sure I'm quite ready to make the jump to something like that - I'm very much the noob and am not sure I'd have the balls to stand in a bar with one of those!!!

It strikes me as pretty cheap, no?! Also - the whole auto/manual thing. I'm very happy with my auto battery at the moment - yet the veterans seem to prefer manuals... Is there are huge difference? Also - how many atomizers do you guys and girls get through? Just looking at running costs - that's all!

Rob
    The eGo is only 3.4 volts!!!! You can do better than that. Liberty Flights is well supported on ECF. I would look at these:

This Riva is a true 3.7 volt model: Riva 510-T

And if you don't mind shopping here in the states then look here:

EVO V2 Kit

KGO

E-Power Replacable Battery kit!

And there is a big difference between auto and manual batteries. Manuals provide warmer vapor, more control and are safer. With autos, they have cut-offs that stop the battery and if any liquid leaks, the auto's are not sealed and it will kill the battery. Bottom line, the reason why the vast majority of us use manuals is because they just perform much better.
    Last edited by wv2win; 04-14-2012 at 05:28 AM.

4. Advertisement
    Full Member Verified Member

lol after 2 days with no analogs i was sucking on my ecig like there was no tomorrow. since then i have been able to relax and actually enjoy it without wanting an analog
    Warren D. Lockaby likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think you want something that just needs the batteries replaced as in the unit is not the actual battery so you don't have to wait forever for shipping from the US.I am fairly new to vaping and just received this today. It rocks and is so easy to use. I could have used it from day one and been just fine. It holds 9 mls of juice and takes a huge battery. It also fits in your hand so people really won't notice it. Good luck and welcome
    Warren D. Lockaby and bobsy like this.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

You're going to be paying about $40.00 for a PV. What you might want to do is focus on the mah and the volts. Advantages of manual PV:
    - less chance of damage from juice
    - usually has an off feature to prevent misfiring
    - puts the vaper in full control of the experience, if you want/ need a stronger hit you hold the button down longer.
    I agree completely with wv2win's suggestions.
    Re: EGO Tank-T- some have problems with the tank while some don't. You could always buy one of the PVs wv2win suggested and add on a tank for $10- $15.00. Also the EGO is 650 mah- prolly the absolute minimum you'd want to go.
    I use cartos so I can't comment on the life of atomizers but with a tank my carto lasts 2+ weeks before it begins to get a tight draw.
    Good Luck.

Rob

Everyone, I cannot thank you all enough for your fantastic advice!

I have plumped for a Riva 510. I have pursuaded a friend to get one as well, and so we have ordered one with a tank and one with cartomisers so we can make the comparison ourselves. I have also indulged in getting 10 5ml flavours. I cannot wait to ditch the Safe Cig classic "flavour" (tastes like steam?!) and the rubbish batteries! Also got the 15% at Liberty Flights - seems like a great deal.

I'll be back to report on how things went!

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Congrats. I don't know specifically about the Riva tank but some spicy juices/ cinnamon will degrade/ crack some tanks.
    Happy Vaping.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    The eGo is only 3.4 volts!!!! You can do better than that. Liberty Flights is well supported on ECF. I would look at these:

This Riva is a true 3.7 volt model: Riva 510-T

And if you don't mind shopping here in the states then look here:

EVO V2 Kit

KGO

E-Power Replacable Battery kit!

And there is a big difference between auto and manual batteries. Manuals provide warmer vapor, more control and are safer. With autos, they have cut-offs that stop the battery and if any liquid leaks, the auto's are not sealed and it will kill the battery. Bottom line, the reason why the vast majority of us use manuals is because they just perform much better.
    Which one of these is the smallest?
    Can one of these fit comfortably in your jeans front pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
    Which one of these is the smallest?
    Can one of these fit comfortably in your jeans front pocket?
    They are all about the same size as the eGo. They are the approximate size of a "sharpie" pen. So, size wise it doesn't really matter. And they all fit fine in my pockets. However, I don't wear "painted-on" jeans, either, lol.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    They are all about the same size as the eGo. They are the approximate size of a "sharpie" pen. So, size wise it doesn't really matter. And they all fit fine in my pockets. However, I don't wear "painted-on" jeans, either, lol.
    I’ve heard the sharpie comparison before, but sharpies come in a lot of different sizes. Some are not too much bigger than a pen that would be no problem sticking in my pocket, others are big chubby clunky things that would be very uncomfortable to stick in my pants pocket.

Is there a site that gives the respective dimensions and comparison pictures of the ego/kgo style pv’s to said sharpie so I can see what style pen it is compared to?
    I’d just hate to buy something that is uncomfortable or incontinent to carry around.

Which is the smallest?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast