Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Noob wanting to know "Where do I start?"

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Been vaping 4 weeks and as a fellow newbie take my advice and start with the KGO or e-power... I have both and don't even use my cig size 510 anymore... Also boge 2 ohm cartomizers are good but the smok tech dctv2 cartomizer rocks!!!! Tropical vapors has a good deal on e-powers... About $46 for the 18650... (Click on new style add two batts and charger and the total is 46) Also good KGO starter kit at elite vaporworks for about $45 and it come with boge cartomizers good luck and happy vaping!
    Warren D. Lockaby likes this.

I'd say that was a stretch andy. I have 8 days into this and I say your first post was the best. that's the kit that I wish I would've bought from day 1 and ended up buying on day 2. all you need is some where to start and then you can branch out. by the way I'm 8 days free from cigarettes

The kgo kit is awesome so far for me and can be had for a good price.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Fair play to my brother he bought a Bolt, carts, couple of tanks and attys as his first purchase. This is really without any suggestion from me as he lives back in the UK. He saved himself so much by getting that. I just got a call saying OK I have this now what do I do!

Just glad I am over that initial errr what do I buy and then what do I do with this but will be forever thankful for the hold on.....this works part!
    Central Florida Vapers
    Van Maxi,HellFire Mega,Touchwood,Nahual,KayFun3.1,Orion,91%,Cobra,Si lver Dog,Satburn22,PAPS Lux,Brass/Steel and Pit Neme's,Stingray,Origen Drippy,ZAU,MicroStick,VaporShark,Rose...Too much stuff lol

Genisis Junkie Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I kicked a 25+ yr PAD cig habit after I started using a "Mega" ego-W kit. I wasn't interested in a cigarette-sized PV, because I wanted to get away from "cigarettes" completely. I also didn't want any tobacco flavors, again wanting to stay away from cig-like attributes.

I ordered my kit in stainless steel, because I call it my "inhaler" (sounds so medical, eh?) since I work in an elementary school & smoking just isn't permitted on-site. No funny looks or questions, because everyone knows what an inhaler is. It really helped me break my brain/addiction/reflexes from the smoking routine. I haven't had, or craved, a smoke in over 3 months. (Make sure you get a high enough nic level to help with this).

I ordered my kit from HERE. It cost me ~$65 bucks (including shipping) from China to my door in 5 days.

I know that there are a few cheaper places, but w/ slightly smaller batteries (900mAh vs 1100mAh). HERE $49.99 (+ shipping) - but only available in black or red; and HERE $54.99 (+ shipping) - in stainless.

The battery is a standard ego-type clone 3.7v & provide about 2 full days of power at my vaping rate. I really prefer the clearomizer to the cartomizers (no polyfil to burn). I like the cap w/ the pen clip. I can clip it to my shirt pocket, stick it in my pants pocket, put it in my book bag, or hang it from my lanyard and not worry about it getting dirty/funky.

I've never had a leak from this F-1 clearo, unlike many of the others I've tried. I'm still using the same F-1s that came with my kit. Minimal cleaning & they still vape like new. Now, I DO like the Vision eGo Clearomizer (aka 'Stardust') on my batts, but there's no clip/cap provision with these. (Be aware there is a cracking issue with the tubes and some juices.)

You'll get many cartomizer (and/or tank) recommendations than you will about the -W, but I think they're vastly UNDER-RATED.

If you choose try one of these, order 5 or 6 spare clearos so you can have multiple juice flavors ready to go.

How this helps!
    Last edited by CountSmackula; 04-18-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typo
    Worutaa likes this.

Ω - Resistance isn't futile, it's crucial for a good vape.
    Vape stuff: VVs, VWs, Mechs, Hybrids, RBAs & RDAs

Quote Originally Posted by eleighc View Post
    I know its probably been asked a million times. But honestly I am just so over welmed so I figure the best bet is to ask anyway.

I'll start by saying I am new to vaping and want to get away from some of the negitives that my smoking causes to others (second hand smoke, the smell, etc.) I have only tried Njoy brand and know from what I've heard and read that I want to move up to something better so, I'm gonna let the questions roll - (hope you guys can help me out and forgive me asking at the same time :-)

Okay, so what I am looking for: (and layman's terms for this unknowledgable gal would be great)

Good quality - I don't need it to look like a regular cig (analog?)
    As healthly a product as vaping can be. I am thinking of going with VG even if I am sacrifising some flavor
    Good taste - extra flavoring sounds fun
    Decent start up cost - like to keep around $100.00
    Easy to learn and use. I don't think I want to get into "dripping or dipping?"
    Possibly a starter kit or a list of what I should get.
    Currently smoke Doral ultra light 100's. Don't want to go stronger.

I won't lie I am seriously hoping you guys can make this easy for me. I have been researching and pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to start with. Thank you ahead of time to everyone.
    eleighc: Before starting the e-cig fanboi stuff, how much do you smoke per day, how long have you smoked, or are you a newbie just looking for a socially acceptable nicotine thrill. No insult intended, just an honest question that should be asked at the beginning of any newbie thread.
    Oneida likes this.
    Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic (flat top). 22mm XL glass tank from IBTanked. Smoktech single coil 2.0 LR XL cartos. Unflavored DIY 95/5 VG/H2O 15mg nicotine with Xtreme Vaping nicotine base. Vaping since 11/19/2011. 35-year cigarette habit ended 4/22/2012.

Quote Originally Posted by yzer View Post
    eleighc: Before starting the e-cig fanboi stuff, how much do you smoke per day, how long have you smoked, or are you a newbie just looking for a socially acceptable nicotine thrill. No insult intended, just an honest question that should be asked at the beginning of any newbie thread.
    Yzer, good questions - I smoke approx. 1 pack a day. On really bad occasions up to 2 packs a day. I have been smoking for 13 years. Thanks for asking.

Someone off site just reccomended an Elite 808. Any opinions on these? Thanks

PITA - lol

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Dark Vapors $43.99

Our KGO starter by SLB comes with 2 complete E-Cigarette and includes:
    2x 1100mAh Batteries - Choose Color
    5x Empty Cartomizers...Also have options to add other cartomizers at reduced price !
    2x Matching Cones
    1x USB Charger
    1X Drip Tip
    1x USB Wall Adapter
    (no juice)

All knowledge, when separated from justice and virtue, is seen to be cunning and not wisdom - Plato
    Let men be wise by instinct if they can, but when this fails be wise by good advice - Sophocles

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast