Is it safe to Vape indoors around my kids?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Is it safe to Vape indoors around my kids?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Question Is it safe to Vape indoors around my kids?

Hi All,

Is it safe to vape in the house around other people or better yet kids?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Yes it is safe, the byproduct is only water vapor. Be careful about leaving you e juice around kids or pets they can get sick if they get into a bottle!

No. You don't absorb all of the nicotine inhaled with e-cigarettes. Much of the remaining nicotine is exhaled. Use an e-cigarette with the same cautions you would use smoking a cigarette.

I know, your exhaled vapor contains only water vapor, nicotine and flavorings and not any of the hundreds of toxic and carcinogenic ingredients of tobacco smoke. Still, nicotine alone is a reduced risk ingredient, not a safe ingredient as it has harmful neurological and cardiopulmonary properties.

Reduce risk from smoking for yourself but do not expose others to the risk of nicotine without their approval. Kids and pets: they don't know enough about the risk of nicotine to give their approval.
    Last edited by yzer; 04-22-2012 at 03:18 AM.
    Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5. 22mm XL IBTanked. Smok single coil unpunched, no-flange 2.0Ω XL cartos. Unflavored DIY 95/5 VG/H2O 12mg nicotine with Xtreme Vaping nicotine base. Vaping since 11/19/2011. 35-year cigarette habit ended 4/22/2012.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I do.

I have read everything I could find on the topic and am very comfortable with my decision.
    Richkellett888 likes this.
    Central Florida Vapers
    Van Maxi,HellFire Mega/Mini/Mini Mega,Touchwood,Nahual,Silver Dog,Satburn22,Brass/Steel/Legion/Pit Neme's,Sunbox E7,PAPS X, Rose.Nipple Tree Picasso.Nahualon.Sturm Mod and Pandora.Too much stuff lol

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

A good bit of what is exhaled is flavoring and water. Some pg and a negligible amount of nic.

I don't vape around my kids. Personal choice because if psychological reasons as well as the off chance there is a health issue. I DO vape indoors when they are not around or in bed.

Maybe go better safe than sorry?

Super Member ECF Veteran

I vape in the house but generally in a different room than my kids, most of the times on a different floor. I probably wouldn't in a small confined space though.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Relative to blowing cigarette smoke in their faces, it's safe.

But safe in an absolute sense? That I can't answer.

The key phrase attached to vaping is harm reduction, as opposed to harmless. A very few have reported pets and small children to exhibit some minor respiratory reactions to exhaled vapor.

However microscopic the risk of vaping, I take it only upon myself—even though the risk of second-hand vapor is infinitesimal.

“If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.” (Woody Allen)

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi Andy could you send me some links if you have them on this topic? I dont vape right next to them usually in a different room. I've been experimenting with different juices and my wife says 2 of them are making the house smell lol ... One is the Java Mint from V4L and the other is gorilla juice. When she told me that it set off the alarm .. ohoh is it bad for the kids to be exposed even if I'm in a different room in the house...

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome. Quite a few posts on this topic.

Here's one-

Second Hand Vape?

Super Member ECF Veteran Hitmetwice's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My main concern would be more along the lines of "monkey see, monkey do"!

Both my mom and my gramps smoked when I was young, I got my first smokes from them.
    They were easy to sneak the odd one. As I got older I'd take the occasional pack outta gramps' carton.

Call me a monkey if you like, but all kids are little monkies.IMO.

CHEERS
    Richkellett888 likes this.
    CASAA NEEDS OUR SUCCESS STORIES USING E-CIGS TO CUT DOWN ON OR TO GET OFF SMOKING CIGARETTES. PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND SHARE YOUR STORY HERE! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ollection.html THANK-YOU!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast