WAY TOO MUCH VAPOR to use discreetly at work...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: WAY TOO MUCH VAPOR to use discreetly at work...

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default WAY TOO MUCH VAPOR to use discreetly at work...

Some history: Smoked on and off for 40years, tried a disposable e-cig Nov. 2011. Ran out of analogs Dec. 28,2011. Had no urge to run to the store as I had a cheap ďGreenĒ type ofauto e-cig. Official ďQuitĒ date: Dec. 28, 2011. Moved on to the eGo-T. Went through that learning curve. Got the eGo-C, really loved everything about this model. I decided to make my own juice for several reasons; the fun of it, the money saved means I can buy more toys. (I see myself as a MOD real soon) I read every post in e-cigarette-forum about DIY, tried lots of different ways to make my perfect e-juice.

Ok, Iíve figured out what level of PG my tummy can tolerate (30%), Iíve found the right nicotine level that does not make my eyes pop as I tend to vape a lot (10mg). I love sending out clouds of thick vapor, feeling the cool mist and enjoying the flavor.

Here is my problem. Iím putting out WAY too much vapor to use my DIY juice & eGo-C at work. Before, in my office, I could sneak a vape with the eGo-T using store bought juice and no one noticed. I could step into the bathroom vape and no problem. Even in the elevator, by myself move up or down a few floors; take a vape, no one noticed.

Using the eGo-C and my DIY juice at work now is not an option. Iím a FOG machine. The vapor lingers and is very noticeable. To cope with this, I only use my old eGo-Tís and leftover juice at work. This option is not going to last. The end is near for my eGo-Tís & I just canít see buying anybody elseís juice.

My question is: Is there a 70VG/30PG DIY e-juice recipe that does NOT put out a lot of VAPOR?
    (Iíve been looking)
    Warren D. Lockaby likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Congrats on your vaping and DIY success. It's the high % of VG that you are using that is the most significant factor in your high dense fog. You could try substituting some distilled water for some of the VG. Some people use water to thin the VG down a little.
    Warren D. Lockaby and RayBans like this.

Woohoo! Finally broke even 11/10/2011 :)

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's the high vg that's causing the vapor. Maybe get a small bottle for stealth vaping with higher PG.

You could try this for work.

Have a Coke and a Vape | InVape

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nightsong View Post
    Congrats on your vaping and DIY success. It's the high % of VG that you are using that is the most significant factor in your high dense fog. You could try substituting some distilled water for some of the VG. Some people use water to thin the VG down a little.
    I've tried distilled water as much as, gone as far as I dare. I'll post my recipe:
    FA-BlackCherry.jpg

I've added as much as 5% water to this.
    Last edited by RayBans; 04-26-2012 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Recipe

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    It's the high vg that's causing the vapor. Maybe get a small bottle for stealth vaping with higher PG.

You could try this for work.

Have a Coke and a Vape | InVape
    PG makes my tummy have issues. I've tried. 30% seems to be all I can take.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi Ray, Thats typical of the liquid you are making, but look up a few vids of stealth vaping. It works like this. Basically after your initial draw from your PV, you will want to in hale clean air behind that.... Hold it in for an extra little amount of time. On exhale you will find much less visible vapor. Practice if you like. It does work. I DIY my own full VG liquids and i can vape a 2 ohm carto at 4.7volts in a crowded room without attracting so much as a second look (so far as I know).. I do attend meetings in larger facilities with crowds of people , this method has allowed me to vape every where that i thought it wouldn't be polite to just outright blow up a giant plume of vapor. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

ECF Veteran

Ah ha, I've had to "hold it" a few times. I'll check this out. Thanks!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Yep, you're going to have to learn the technique. You'll be amazed at how little vapor you can let out once you get the hang of it. Holding it in a few extra seconds makes all the difference. In extreme cases, you can exhale through a microfiber cloth. That's my movie theater technique.
    Warren D. Lockaby and RayBans like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Another trick if/when you can get away with it, carry a cup of coffee & exhale into the cup. Who's gonna notice a steaming cuppa coffee, right?
    RayBans and moishesmom like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Iusedtoanalog View Post
    Hi Ray, Thats typical of the liquid you are making, but look up a few vids of stealth vaping. It works like this. Basically after your initial draw from your PV, you will want to in hale clean air behind that.... Hold it in for an extra little amount of time. On exhale you will find much less visible vapor. Practice if you like. It does work. I DIY my own full VG liquids and i can vape a 2 ohm carto at 4.7volts in a crowded room without attracting so much as a second look (so far as I know).. I do attend meetings in larger facilities with crowds of people , this method has allowed me to vape every where that i thought it wouldn't be polite to just outright blow up a giant plume of vapor. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.
    I like these methods, as a fellow vapor, you know its more fun to be "just outright blow up a giant plume of vapor" I worked so hard to get this just right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast