High amp (low resistance) mods?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: High amp (low resistance) mods?

Default High amp (low resistance) mods?

Hey guys, this is my first real question, so let me say thanks for the help in advance and consider this my introduction.

I'm a relatively new ecig user, and my first mod was a ProVari V1. I've been recently looking at low impedance cartos that require 4 amps of current. This, as I've come to find, is one of the main limitations of the V1. My question is, are there any mods out there that will handle that level of current and yet give the versatility of the ProVari?

PV Master ECF Veteran

From what I understand the V2 will give you more power output. Your V1 can be sent in for an upgrade. You might want to check with Provape to see what's required.
    Hardware: Tesla, Vamo v3, Silver Bullet @ 3.7v, Omega @ 3.7v, a pile of 3.7v boxmods. I'm a diehard, old school dripper. There aren't many of us left anymore, too bad because that's how you get the cleanest, tastiest vape.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

The Provari V2 won't handle 4 amps either. Their cutoff is 3.5amps, IIRC.

Smoketech has a new VV PV called the Vmax, i think. It will go to 5 amps, but it's hard to find right now. Only a couple vendors have even seen the thing, and it's not cheap. You can find more info about it in the variable voltage forum. If the price comes down a bit, it's going to give the Provari some sleepless nights.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

With your Provari , even without the upgrade , just use SR or even HR carto's and there will be no issues .
    SS Sigelei Zmax V3 , an Innokin VTR , a Gus , an Nzonic V3 , a RAI Vape Launcher , and a Sentinel , Smok Magneto , a Private V2 , a Caravela , a Chi You , (2) RSST's and (1) AC9 & several RDA's

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just make your own mode only for 6.50$ just like i did. Check on ebay for boost up PCB 5.2v 3A. And it works perfect . For this pcb cut off is 5A for 8sec.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Welcome to Maximum Vapors - E Cig Supplier sells box mods that can handle a dual coil cartomizers if that's what you're looking for. If you want to stack for 6 or 7.4V, just about any mechanical mod but if you go this route, please read the battery safety threads. I only use AW batteries for stacking.
    MOD HOARDER

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

Theres a couple of 5Amp set ups around and more coming, look around a bit
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

Full Member Verified Member

Check out international forums, there's one that has 10amp cutoff and runs 1.5ohm.. check UKV.

The provari upgrade might do it. 4 amps was giving me some headroom. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Why the concern over half?

Power does the work and current is half the product equation.

P=IV So a VV device like the ProVari can get higher power output by upping the voltage within the current limiting safety circuit. (This makes using low resistance attys/cartos counter productive for folks who want more power.)

A Buzz has an upper limit of 15 Watts, a ProVari v2 has an upper limit of 14 Watts above 4.2 volts and a current limit of 3.5 Amps below 4.2 volts.

If you need more power than that and need an adjustable power output, you would be looking at a safer chemistry high discharge battery feeding a self wound rebuildable atomizer. Rebuildable has to be a requirement since pushing that much current through a very short length of wire is going to result in many broken wires.

Current alone does no more work than torque alone moves a car down the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast