Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How much should i taste the flavour

Default How much should i taste the flavour

Hi

I am new to vaping its over 1 week now
    i am wondering how much i should be tasting the different flavors
    I get a small taste or smell i am not even too sure but i only get this sensation when i exhale from the nose
    when i draw the vapor into my mouth i dont really taste anything

am i doing it wrong???

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

What flavor are you vaping and where did you get it from? Also, is it 100% VG, or does it have some PG? What is the percentage of the VG/PG?

RY4, Vanilla, Menthol - 70/30 mix from Vaporus, Menthol is the one i taste the most cause it leave my mouth cool a little but like i said only exhaling though the nose i get a smell or taste...

I tried strawberry and Watermelon from Vaporium, 50/50 Strawberry was a bit spicy i could tell, watermelon same mixture was more faint....

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Depends on a lot of things.
    What voltage and resistance are you using?
    What kind of cartomizer, atomizer or tank?
    What flavors are they?
    What is the VG % of the juice.

Some flavors get washed out if your carto or atty resistance is too low and your voltage is too high. When that happens, you'll get a lot of vapor, but it'll either taste burnt or tasteless or both.

Regular filled cartomizers tend to mute the taste as compared to clearomizers or direct dripping.

High VG juice will also mute flavors.

Some flavors, for example blueberry and peach, seem to be less powerful than they could be, at least IME.

What device are you using? If you're using a pre-filled carto on a mini-ecig, there's not much you can do about it.
    If you're using a 3.4 or 3.7V device, you can screw on an atomizer and drip some juice directly onto the coil. Try something with at least 60-70% PG. If there's any flavor to be had, you'll get it then. For 3.4V, use a 1.5-2.0 ohm atty. For 3.7V, use 2.0 to 2.5ohms.

If your juice tastes better when you drip into an atomizer, then the problem is the carto you're using.
    If it doesn't taste better, then the problem is the juice, or you're using the wrong resistance atomizer to test it with.
    Last edited by sailorman; 04-27-2012 at 05:15 PM.

It could be that where you are buying your juice from just doesn't make the flavor percentages real strong. Some people prefer a strong flavor and others prefer a faint flavor to their juice. You will have to try other juices from other sites for awhile. Actually, at first it took me awhile to find the flavor I really loved to vape all day. I think finding good flavors you love is probably the hardest part of vaping and takes a little time at first. It took me two months of trying alot of different flavors. Now I just make my own and it's alot cheaper and only costs me about $2 a week in e-liquid.
    Warren D. Lockaby likes this.

I am using an EGO C VV
    with the regular tank it comes with
    i put it at 4.2 V

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Give it some time as well. Your taste buds are just starting to heal themselves. It may take a few weeks to really taste some juices but when you do it will be like WOW. Even eating now is like OMG. Things I liked b4 I have found I can't stand. And some things I would have barfed over I now find myself drooling for.
    Warren D. Lockaby and Oneida like this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by juventino79 View Post
    I am using an EGO C VV
    with the regular tank it comes with
    i put it at 4.2 V
    Uh, oh. I've heard this problem before from Ego C users. Try dripping directly into the atomizer, bypassing the tank.
    You might have to either scrap the tank idea completely, or start ordering "double flavor" juices if you can't find something more flavorful. MiamiMom is right though. Finding the right juice is the hardest part of all this. You might also crank down the voltage. With that particular juice, the tank might be having a hard time keeping up and some flavors get washed out at higher voltages. Try the 3.7 or 3.5 or whatever the next lowest setting is. You might not get as much vapor, but it might taste better.

It's also true what Rob says. At first I loved this one flavor of tobacco and then once my taste buds became normal from not smoking analogs, I hated the flavor. I still have that horrible flavor on my shelf. lol.

if you guys want to laugh, got this middle eastern tasting tobacco flavor. they said it was supposed to have some spicy and sweet taste

i cannot make anything out of it, kind of get a Jalapeno taste with a grassy after taste lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast