Do you vape juice from China, or only from USA? - Page 13
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: Do you vape juice from China, or only from USA?

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    I'm not saying that ECBlends is doing this, because I don't know one way or the other.

But I do know that there are companies that do what you say.
    And I have emailed some of them to ask if their nicotine is sourced in the United States.

I have never gotten an answer to that question from any company I have asked.
    Of course, I have only asked a couple of companies.

And my emails could have gotten overlooked.
    If you sent that email to ECBlends, they could honestly say that their nicotine is sourced in the U.S.. That's where they get it from. You are asking the wrong people. You need to ask the company that dilutes it for them. Ask their wholesaler where their nicotine is from. If all you're concerned with is the accuracy of the PG and VG, then maybe it's good that it is diluted in the US. It rarely pays to ship relatively small quantities of VG across the globe. Although, I believe most PG comes from China as well.

If every single component in their juice came from China > Wholesaler > ECBlends, they can honestly say that they import nothing. What they CAN'T say, but seem to imply, is that they use no imported ingredients.

There's a difference between not importing something and not using imported stuff. My local car dealer sources all his BMW's from right here in the U.S.. Does that mean they're American cars?
    Last edited by sailorman; 04-29-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    four2109 likes this.

I m in the UK and I usually vape Chinese (Dekang) these days ....but have always been stuck with cheap Chinese juoce for years . US stuff is fairly sought after here but I aint got that sort of money . In an ideal world I d only vape UK sourced stuff ...but thats big money .
    jun0felix and Rob79_UK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikeybarsteward View Post
    I m in the UK and I usually vape Chinese (Dekang) these days ....but have always been stuck with cheap Chinese juoce for years . US stuff is fairly sought after here but I aint got that sort of money . In an ideal world I d only vape UK sourced stuff ...but thats big money .
    I hear you. UK nicotine is horrendously expensive here, as is US nicotine. That's exactly why 99.9% of the nicotine in either country is Chinese. If any juice vendor or nicotine vendor used either one, they certainly wouldn't keep it a secret. That would be like putting a BMW engine in a Ford without telling anyone, or secretly replacing the stone in a cheap CZ ring with a diamond.
    jun0felix likes this.

Full Member Verified Member Dreams2freedom's Avatar

Whether it is because you think it is unsafe in China or whether you don't... I still take pride in ordering products that have the label "made in America"
    JUDGMENT AFFIRMED likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams2freedom View Post
    Whether it is because you think it is unsafe in China or whether you don't... I still take pride in ordering products that have the label "made in America"
    Me too, if they really are made here and not just marketed here. I just don't bother kidding myself that their products really are made here when they aren't. Sometimes, I'd rather buy an honest Chinese product than one that dishonestly tries to make you think it's US made, when it isn't. Half the time, the label itself is printed in China. The fact that the company is American means nothing to me. Most U.S. companies have no loyalty to the U.S.. It's a flag of convenience and they just get incorporated in the US to take advantage of our tax and IP laws and our court system.
    wv2win and newq like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    Sorry, that does not mean they don't use Chinese nicotine. Read between the lines.
    Wow, you are ready to shoot, no matter the subject. I haven't read a positive post from you about anything I have ever said. Excuse me for being so naive.

Ok, so, we'll leave this in your capable hands and say that there is no American made and supplied eliquid on the market, unless you want to pay a very premium price for such rare elixer.

In the meantime, you've inspired a hunt and trace.

Full Member Verified Member Dreams2freedom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    Me too, if they really are made here and not just marketed here. I just don't bother kidding myself that their products really are made here when they aren't. Sometimes, I'd rather buy an honest Chinese product than one that dishonestly tries to make you think it's US made, when it isn't. Half the time, the label itself is printed in China. The fact that the company is American means nothing to me. Most U.S. companies have no loyalty to the U.S.. It's a flag of convenience and they just get incorporated in the US to take advantage of our tax and IP laws and our court system.
    I buy from vendors that not only state that the juice is made in America but that their ingredients are sourced in America as well. I tend to believe a company when they say that their products are made here and the ingredients are sourced here. I may be a bit na´ve, but I believe most people are honest until they prove they are dishonest.
    Myk likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

i use Dekang liquids.

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    I'm not saying that ECBlends is doing this, because I don't know one way or the other.

But I do know that there are companies that do what you say.
    And I have emailed some of them to ask if their nicotine is sourced in the United States.

I have never gotten an answer to that question from any company I have asked.
    Of course, I have only asked a couple of companies.

And my emails could have gotten overlooked.
    That's why I'll fire off an email and ask for "country of origin" if there's any question to the wording.
    One company sent back not only saying they get it from the US but the company they get it from. Really telling me from the US is enough to ease my mind.

I don't really care where it comes from as long as it sounds good to my mind.

Some question was raised by Johnson Creek stating "US sourced" but then they have vanilla flavor and vanilla doesn't grow in the US. Do they mean a US vanilla company or perhaps they use artificial. One thing is for sure, they're not getting the best Madagascar beans and making their own flavoring. I just kind of ignore that contradiction.

$2453 spent on ecigs. Join http://www.casaa.org/ protect your ability to vape.

Quote Originally Posted by kia2 View Post
    Wow, you are ready to shoot, no matter the subject. I haven't read a positive post from you about anything I have ever said. Excuse me for being so naive.

Ok, so, we'll leave this in your capable hands and say that there is no American made and supplied eliquid on the market, unless you want to pay a very premium price for such rare elixer.

In the meantime, you've inspired a hunt and trace.
    Sorry if my tendency toward reality offends you. I don't think the fact that American nicotine is far more expensive than Chinese nicotine is "negative". It is what it is. If the prices were comparable, why would anyone even bother with shipping Chinese nicotine halfway around the world?

The fact that saying something is "sourced" doesn't mean it is "originated" isn't negative either. Those are just two words that have different meanings and should not be conflated. Definitions cannot be "negative". Words have meaning and marketing people and copywriters are fully aware of it, even if you aren't.

So, bottom line is, yes; if you want American or European nicotine, you will pay a very premium price for it. If that's negative to you, then don't do it. Just keep pretending that you're vaping American nicotine. You'll never notice the difference. After all, nicotine is a commodity. 99.7% nicotine is 99.7% nicotine and, unless that 0.3% is something highly poisonous, it matters not a whit where it came from.
    wv2win, four2109 and chargin like this.