whats the difference in...

Thread: whats the difference in...

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default whats the difference in...

a clearomizer and an atomizer with a tank?

which is more convenient?

which is more cost effective to maintain in the long run.

i want to put one on my 801 battery with an 801->510 adapter.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Welcome , but as far as I know , not really any atty tanks , unless your talking about re-buildable one's . Clearomizers are just clear cartomizers ( you can see the juice ) There are a lot of different tanks out there that use standard carto's , but keep in mind the lower voltage of your device when selecting the ohm rating for your cartos . I'm presently trying out a new style tank , I got from Got vapes . It was 15.00 but it works very well , and comes with 3 coil/wicks , that are very easy to change out . But you would also need to buy the adapter .
    SS Sigelei Zmax V3 , an Innokin VTR , a Gus , an Nzonic V3 , a RAI Vape Launcher , and a Sentinel , Smok Magneto , a Private V2 , a Caravela , a Chi You , (2) RSST's and (1) AC9 & several RDA's

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hey rescued,

As Renzuli said the clearomizers are just clear cartomizers. On the topic of tanks I love my tnaks as I can go all day without having to refill a carto; it is wonderful.

A tank is going to have a cartomizer(generally same as a clearmizer, but can very depending on tank type) They have a very similar maintenance as the tank contains a carto. The tank just provides the added convenience of only having to fill once a day or less. I'm currently using the liquinator and love it!

-Rudy

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Are you thinking of a "tank" as in the eGo-T or the 510-T? Those would be considered atomizers with tanks, but they're not really tanks. They're an effort to resuscitate the old obsolete two-piece atomizer/cartridge arrangement. Theoretically, you could use the "tanks" from the 510-T system if you had the right sized atomizer. I'm not sure if they fit the standard 510's or not. But, regardless of whether you could do it or not, don't bother.

If you want to try something like a clearomizer just get the adapter and go for it. Just make sure you don't get too low of a resistance. Stick with 2.5ohms if you have a small battery under about 420mah.

Also, most cartomizer tanks are really goofy looking and unwieldy on skinny batteries, so give that some thought. Probably best to find out what you think of cartomizers in general before you get a tank because a tank is just a way to keep a cartomizer wet without having to periodically drip into it to top it off. A carto in a tank isn't going to hit or taste any different than a properly wet carto. Personally, I don't think most carto tanks are worth the hassle. Some work fine and look cool and all, but I'd just as soon use a Fluxomizer or a tank with a built in coil, like a Vision Stone or the new Vivi Nova tank.

Super Member ECF Veteran Forkeh's Avatar

Well....it really depends on what you mean by atty-tank. Do you mean specialized tank attys, with metal wicking spikes? My two cents on those? They don't work very well. I realize it does come down to personal preference, but meh. My experience, the draw is very hard, and the vapor tastes either burnt (it's very hard to get these to wick well) or like straight up plastic. I can never taste my juice. I give the system an F minus in terms of using enjoyment. Granted, vapor production is fine itself, if you don't mind the plastic taste, and hard inhale. In my experience there was no throat hit either. However I will say this, it is actually a pretty hassle free system if you can get passed all the bad. I've never had one leak. Once the tank is punched, you can fill it with a needle very quickly and easily (you can also fill by popping off the cap). You can figure about $8-$12 for the special atty (life of attys last anywhere from a couple weeks, to nearly forever, it just kind of depends; they're like lightbulbs). A 5 pack of tanks will run you about $10. The tanks take a while to wear out, if you fill with a needle. They wear out much faster if you keep pulling off the cap.

If you're talking about Tube Tanks, that's another matter entirely. As I understand it, the taste and vapor production is pretty good depending on if you're using a duel coil or single, and the resistance, though I haven't used this system myself. If you're not opposed to polyfill cartos, I don't think it's a bad set up. Warning, I've heard a lot of complaints about a little bit of leaking, and there is a learning curve on these. Because of the auto filling (from the tank to the carto), you can flood if you're not drawing correctly. For vapor production, it's a pretty good system or so I've heard, if not a little complicated. Hassle free? Meh. I'd assume once you figure out how to keep it from flooding, and if you're device doesn't leak, not too bad. TTs run about $10-$17 (depends on size and coil type/resistance), and the replacement cartos are a couple bucks. The cool thing about this system, is that as long as you're careful with the TT itself, and don't crack it (don't put cinnamon juice in it) and are gentile with the seals, it can last you a good long while, you just have to replace the carto when it goes bad.

Clearos, besides dripping are easily my favorite juice delivery system. Flavor, in my opinion, is just as good as dripping, vapor production is great. I just love them. But you can't have it all, they are a bit of a hassle. Depending on the style you get, filling is a bit of a chore. There are some newer designs out there that make it easy, with a simple push in seal that's attached to the mouth piece. I use, I suppose you'd call it the older style. There's an inner cup seal, and outer seal, and then a rubber mouth piece. You have to fill through tiny little holes with a needle. It's kind of a pain, but worth it in my opinion. They're also a bit of a pain to use. Clearos, at least the style I use have to be stored vertically, they absolutely do, otherwise the air passage will flood. It's a simple fix, you just blow it out, but it's still a pain. Also, between the condensation and leaking (from laying on its side) a bit of juice can leak past the inner and outer seal, into the last chamber before the inhale. This can result in getting watery juice in your mouth. I solve this problem with a drip tip :P As for price and longevity, clearos are made of plastic, and they can crack. This is another system that you would do well not to put cinnamon juice in. You also have to be careful not to drop them, or anything like that. As long as you're gentile, they can last a good long while though. They will have to be cleaned. I clean mine with a hot water power flush, and dry burn, gets them working as good as new. They run about $10 a 5 pack for smaller sizes and about $12 a 5 pack for the mega sized.

But quite honestly, if what you're looking for the most in your vape, is a decent flavor, vapor production, and ease of use, I really suggest the basic polyfil style cartos. Easy to fill, you just pop off the cap and drip into the device until it's full. Do a handful in the morning, depending on how much you vape it should last you at least a good portion of the day. When vapor starts to drop off (and your battery isn't dying) they need to be refilled. The only time they'll leak is if you overfill. If that's the case you just blow it out. In my opinion, it's not the absolute best in vapor production and flavor, but for how hassle free it is, it'll do.
    Last edited by Forkeh; 05-01-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran Forkeh's Avatar

Oh oh oh! Something I forgot to mention. I've never used a 801 device (I'm a 510 girl), but you need to make sure your battery can handle what you're throwing at it. Read the product description carefully, and check with the vendor if you have to. You can't use low resistance attys/cartos on all batteries, you also can't use duel coils on all batteries. Make sure it's compatible before you buy, or you might kill your bat.

ECF Veteran

i ended up with a silver bullet with a tube tank set up AND clearomizers. clearos are my fave but the tube tank is great for work days. my clearos are fluxomizers from gotvapes and i really like them!