Thread: Clearomizer and OHM's ?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Clearomizer and OHM's ?

Hello,

I want to purchase some VISION V2 Clearomizers and wanted your opinion on the OHM's to purchase they have 1.8-2.0, 2.1-2.4, 2.5-2.9 the Mod i'm using is variable from 3.4 all the way to 6.5 volts. I enjoy a nice throat hit and lots of vapor too ... Which one, OHM wise, would work better for me and give me extended battery life and clearomizer life.
    I'm pretty new to vaping so trying to learn it all takes time ..

Thanks, Frank

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Generally Higher ohm's will give you better batt life in my experience. What VV PV are you using? When using VV I've generally liked the higher ohm's, but that's me.

-Rudy

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Stef64's Avatar

With variable voltage go with the higher resistance. I like the 3 ohm CE2 clearomizers at about 5 volts.

V
    aping since April 2009 - Last cigarette: 09/22/2011

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Definitely higher ohms with vv.. I just got my lavatube not long ago and get the best hit from a 3.0ohm at about 4.7 volts.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That's why I was asking about what PV the lavatube has a limiting factor to it where the higher ohms will give you a much better hit where as the low ohms won't get limited.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

If it has a limiter, use higher resistance so you can use the full range of voltages.
    If it doesn't have a limiter, use higher resistance so you don't pop your coil if you have it set too high.
    The higher ohms will last longer and put less stress on the battery as well.

At 6.5V, a 2.5-2.9 ohm clearo will give you from 14.6 to 16.9W if you're current limiter is high enough because that's going to be pulling up to 2.6 Amps. But even a Lavatube should put out close to 6V with that 2.5-2.9ohm range.
    Last edited by sailorman; 05-01-2012 at 05:00 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

HI Rudakus the VV i'm using is the smokbox varicool from smoktek.com. I like it because it's small enough to put in my shirt pocket while at work. Thank you all for your input I will be getting the higher ohm's and see how they work.