Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: How long does it usually take someone to go from smoking to vaping to not doing either?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default How long does it usually take someone to go from smoking to vaping to not doing either?

I'm trying to quit here. Smoked half a pack a day of Camel Crush cigarrettes. My plan is to eventually quit smoking and vaping all together. How long does that usually take? I read that only 30% of people who try to quit via vaping succeed.

2. Advertisement
    Proud REOnaut Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm wondering where you read that stat... Personally, it took me about 2 weeks to go from a 40 year habit of over a pack a day habit to zero. AND....I've been completely off cigarettes now for almost two years. You should go read the "Success Stories" thread....you'll be encouraged. I've found it very easy to quit with vaping....after having tried many other methods for a long, long time. Good luck with your quitting. I was totally surprised at how easy it was.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ccess-stories/
    Last edited by JC Okie; 05-03-2012 at 05:47 AM. Reason: added link
    Using various REOs with various RM2s and LOVIN' it!

4. Advertisement
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

As for me...I loved smoking, and I mean LOVED it! People would tell me I am going to die young and my answer was maybe but it will be with a smile doing what I love to do! I tried a Blu kit and quit smoking that day...moved on to 510-T's and now an eGo. As far as I'm concerned though, I have no intention of quitting vaping. As stated I love to smoke and this now gives me a healthier way to do it for me, and my non smoking family. Win Win!

Ron -
    proudlion, JC Okie, NC_Fog and 4 others like this.

Proud REOnaut Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by rookbartley989 View Post
    As for me...I loved smoking, and I mean LOVED it! People would tell me I am going to die young and my answer was maybe but it will be with a smile doing what I love to do! I tried a Blu kit and quit smoking that day...moved on to 510-T's and now an eGo. As far as I'm concerned though, I have no intention of quitting vaping. As stated I love to smoke and this now gives me a healthier way to do it for me, and my non smoking family. Win Win!

Ron -
    I agree with Ron....I LOVED smoking, but hated the $$$$, and the harm to my health. I feel great now and I've saved enough money to (practically) buy a car! I have absolutely NO intentions of quitting vaping...ever. I just switched from smoking to vaping.
    NC_Fog and Warren D. Lockaby like this.
    Using various REOs with various RM2s and LOVIN' it!

Full Member Verified Member tonyhix11's Avatar

I agree with JC. I found it to be a fairly easy transition. I think the key is to find a good PV to start with, and a dependable all day juice that you are happy with, something that will tide you over until you no longer feel the need to smoke. Then you can experiment a little more. It took me about 2 weeks as well to be completely off analogs. I wish you the best and hope for you success!!

Genisis Junkie Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The day my ego-W kit arrived, I went from a PAD habit down to 0. Okay... I finished the last 3 cigs in the pack over the space of a week, but the last one really tasted nasty. I had one last pack from the carton that sat around for almost 2 months before I finally tossed it in the trash.

I did make sure to start with a high enough nic level (36mg) to get me off the Marlboros. I will eventually taper my nic level down, but I doubt I'll stop vaping. Because I: a) enjoy it; and b) enjoy it.
    STILL WAITING ON MY EFFING

Ω - Resistance isn't futile, it's crucial for a good vape.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

I read somewhere that the vaping success rate was close to 80%. Unofficial and it was done by a vaping org.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Don't pressure yourself. Some folks take awhile to completely switch, some immediately. Everyone is different and no one is in any hurry. I was smoking 3 1/2 PAD and was able to lay them down as soon as my kit arrived. Look at it as changing brands and not quitting anything.

Good Luck!!!

Marty

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by WayneH86 View Post
    My plan is to eventually quit smoking and vaping all together. How long does that usually take?
    When it comes to vaping, there is no "usually" whatsoever.

First of all, switching from smoking to vaping can take anywhere from 30 seconds to one year.
    And secondly, most vapers don't want to quit vaping just like they really didn't want to quit smoking.

As far as the vapers that wanted to quit vaping, it's hard to say how long it took them because we rarely hear from them.
    Once they quit vaping they are usually gone and don't really post a goodbye.

So I guess my answer is that switching from smoking to vaping will take however long it takes.
    And quitting vaping will take however long it takes.

Do you have some sort of timeframe in mind?

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran yiddleboge6's Avatar

If you set yourself up with a good starter kit you may be surprised how easy it is. 50 years of at least a PAD, tried everything else. Made it 3 days with chantix. Happy to say it's almost 2 months now smokefree

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast