obligatory newb post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: obligatory newb post

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default obligatory newb post

hi all, trying to quit analogs & have a prosmoke ecig and nicotrol inhalers. I've had luck with the inhalers in the past but always eventually went back to analogs. just got the prosmoke after being encouraged to try it by my doc & doing a bit of research (or at least attempting to - I'm so overwhelmed!) and I find it to be satisfying my needs. I'm using the inhalers too because I have a young child and don't want him to see me "smoking". So I'm still only going outside to use the vape.

Anyway since I'm clearly new to this and I'm not much of a "gear-oriented" person, I decided to join here to hopefully get some advice for my next ecig purchase. I like the prosmoke but I'm interested in what else is available. But like I said, I'm not too into "gear" and the ecig options and technology is way too overwhelming for me.

tl;dr Hi, need some simple recommendations.

Welcome too ECF.. the people here are great and very helpfull... i am sure someone will give a recomendation to ya soon enough.. good luck with quitting analogs, i walked away from them the day i started vaping .. 1 month ago today in fact..
    SlightlyAmused likes this.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Welcome to ECF! There's plenty of gear out there that can help you out and since you mentioned that you didn't want to vape in front of your kid, you might be interested in the, uh, more exotic forms of APVs (those that don't look like a cigarette).

You might be interested in something like the GLV (http://www.greatlakevapor.com), which may give that feel in between an inhaler and a cigarette - but definitely doesn't look like a cigarette. They're very well made, requires really no fiddling from your end (just choosing between a cartomizer that you would refill when it runs out or an atomizer/cartridge for dripping/refilling). You'd want to get cartomizers (or atomizers) with a 510 connection for this device.

Box-style APVs, which look nothing like a cigarette, are out there. The Reo mods are a good example of these, but require a bit of experience before jumping full-time into them.

If neither of these work for you, you could always go for something like an eGo, which is model/style of batteries. You have a plethora of vendors you can choose for these, from SmokelessImage, MadVapes, Hoosiers, etc. The differences between the vendor models are small - sometimes just the threading on the connector. These are more the size of a small cigar, or a fat pen. May not be what you're looking for, but they're a good alternative to cigarette-look-a-likes.
    Cheers!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi and welcome to the ECF. It may help you to check out the Best E-Cigarette For a New User wiki.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you don't mind the size of a sharpie marker, the KGO at Welcome to hoosier ecig supply - The Best E-cigs, Juices, and accesories is a good PV. Nice battery life, hard hitting, and will last you all day. I'm not an atomizer fan but I really like the Boge 2ohm cartomizers for everyday use. You might consider a box of them and a drip tip...makes for easier filling.
    MOD HOARDER

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

+1 for hairball's recommendation

Senior Member Verified Member

Welcome to ECF!

Full Member Verified Member

I've had a lot of luck converting people with the ego-c. After a day or two they don't have any problems. And you can get them from liberty flights for 20% off so they are only $72.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Welcome to ECF

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks for the welcome and the recommendations. Woke up this morning, went outside with the dogs like I usually do, but vaped instead of smoking an analog and I feel fine - satisfied. I think this is going to work for me

So all I have is this starter kit from prosmoke, with a 5 pack of variety flavor carts. I'm going to have to order stuff soon, and not sure I'm going to stick with this company. I did a couple of hours of internet research before going with prosmoke, and they sold me on "made in the USA" and the VG instead of PG. But now that I've read about the difference here, I'm not sure VG is really better. I'm about to go check out the suggestions I got in this thread.

I think I definitely like the cigarette shape, not sure if I'd want anything thicker. My son is 1 year old and is excited by anything that I have and he doesn't, so I'm going to avoid vaping in front of him just like I would never smoke in front of him. I know he'd demand to play with it if he saw the pretty blue light on the end :P

Thanks again - I'm off to continue my research for my next purchase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast