Is vaping more than I used to smoke ok?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Is vaping more than I used to smoke ok?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Is vaping more than I used to smoke ok?

Anyone else vape more than you used to smoke? Is this a problem, especially if you're trying to quit??

Vaping Queen ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Not at all...unless you start getting a headache. If you start getting a headache, it means you're getting too much nico in your system. I vape ALOT more than I smoked I think...just cause I enjoy it so much more! Love all the flavors! I've lost 6 lbs so far cause I'm feeding my sweet tooth with 0 calories! lol!
    Jeann likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've noticed that i Vape more than i smoked. I've read on this site that the absorption rate of Vaping and Smoke are very different. You get alot more nicotine absorption with traditional smoke. Meaning you need to vape more than you smoked for your body to get the amount of nicotine it is useto. I'm sure others will comment aswell but it sounded right to me.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yes, i vape aalloottt. Only 4 weeks analog free. But im using 1.8 percent disposables until my kit comes in with a stronger juice.

Depends. I spend about double the amount of time vaping that I did smoking but I'm pretty sure I'm getting considerably less nicotine than when I smoked.

Find out how much nicotine you got from each brand-specific cigarette that you used to smoke here. If you know of more recent information, feel free to post a link. I smoked Camel Blue 99s. That shows up on this older list by the older name: Camel Light 100 HP (hard pack)

Erowid Tobacco Vault : Info on Nicotine Content of Cigarette Brands

I know from this information that the 30 cigarettes I smoked per day provided 24mg of nicotine per day.

Now look at your nicotine juice concentration and how much juice you vape per day. I vape 2ml of 24mg of juice per day. That shows a total of 48mg of nicotine in the juice I vape each day. However, vaping is a much less effective means of delivering nicotine to the body than smoking. Most estimates I have read say vaping is only 30% as effective as smoking. So, 30% of that 48mg I vape each day is about 17mg of nicotine.

17mg sounds about right to me, as I noticed a substantial nicotine deficit the first three days after I switched to vaping exclusively, and quit all cigarettes.
    Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5. 22mm XL IBTanked. Smok single coil unpunched, no-flange 2.0Ω XL cartos. Unflavored DIY 95/5 VG/H2O 12mg nicotine with Xtreme Vaping nicotine base. Vaping since 11/19/2011. 35-year cigarette habit ended 4/22/2012.

Vaping like a boss Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Still continue to chain vape throughout the day unless I'm really occupied or at the gym. As alaricnj the absorption rate is slower than ciggies. I want to say that one will absorb anywhere from 10-40% of the nic roughly, somebody correct me if I am way off. We also absorb the nic much slower than with sticks.

Plus, without the MAOIs present in tobacco tar the effect of the nicotine we get is reduced.
    DC2 likes this.
    Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5. 22mm XL IBTanked. Smok single coil unpunched, no-flange 2.0Ω XL cartos. Unflavored DIY 95/5 VG/H2O 12mg nicotine with Xtreme Vaping nicotine base. Vaping since 11/19/2011. 35-year cigarette habit ended 4/22/2012.

Super Member ECF Veteran

From reading posts on the site, I think it is a very common phenomenon.

From all the reading and information on here.. I am under the belief that we dont absorb the vaped nic as fast or as much , as for percentages..lol i'll leave that too the math scholars too sort out ..lol

I vape 18 mg (not sure of how much) and being a 1.5 pad analog smoker i vape more, but get the same nicotine or less then smoking

I say Vape your face off, if it get you away from analogs....

I noticed that when I switched from analogues to ecigs that the nicotine took a lot longer to come on and kept coming on for a while after I stopped vaping. Sort of like a patch. I also noticed that I got less nicotine than I got from a quick hit on a stinkie. I think there is an adjustment period. Once the smoking callous that your body creates to help protect your mouth, throat and lungs from the heat and noxious smoke breaks down you start absorbing the nicotine in the vapor better.
    Last edited by fisher; 05-06-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast