e-juice turnin brown?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: e-juice turnin brown?!

Default e-juice turnin brown?!

I just got my ego setup yesterday, along with a bottle of hickory tobacco e-juice...love the flavor, but by the end of the second fill on 1.6ml clearomizer...the juice is DARK brown, wayyyy darker than what's in the bottle it came in...is this normal?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

It's normal as far as I can tell. With the tank, you can see what's going on inside, so Lord knows what color your juice is turning when it's inside a carto. I've heard a couple of explanations, and these might not be the best, but one is that PG burns off at a faster rate than other parts of the liquid, so you've basically got a concentrate at the bottom, which would be darker. The other is that perhaps the heat that it's exposed to as you're vaping away changes the color. I like this explanation because heat speeds up chemical reactions. Your juice will generally turn darker colors as you store it long-term too.
    Devices: SS GGTS #1586, VHO Titan v1.5, eVic, Jazz and EPM e-pipes, VMOD 2.0
    Favorite JDSs: Kayfun Lite, GP Spheroid, Penelope, UFS, Vapage Shifu atomizers
    Juice: Ahlusion, GoodeJuice House Brewed, and Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com

ECF Veteran

I've had some clear juices go completely brown in the tank.. BUT, that's only because there must have been a few drops of a darker juice left in the carto from prior use. Freaked me out at first. I was like, I KNOW this juice was crystal clear this morning.. I guess it just takes a drop of dark juice to turn the whole tank brown. Like a dye.

makes sense...i think, lol

in this case the clearomizer was brand new, no other juice had been in it...thanks though

Light Keep your e-liquids in a dark, fresh place and don't worry Eventually most of (all) your eliquids will turn dark

G;

ECF Veteran

If you Google "eliquid turning brown," you'll find a lot of explanations. Besides temperature, attys, oxidation, and gunk or old darker juices on the coils/wicks, e-juice gobblins are also blamed. lol
    Tezcatlipoca likes this.

naturally...ejuice goblins and trolls were my first and obvious explanation...hey, what the hell...might as well blame Obama for this too! lol

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YoureFired View Post
    If you Google "eliquid turning brown," you'll find a lot of explanations. Besides temperature, attys, oxidation, and gunk or old darker juices on the coils/wicks, e-juice gobblins are also blamed. lol
    LOL! Darn those e-juice goblins!
    Devices: SS GGTS #1586, VHO Titan v1.5, eVic, Jazz and EPM e-pipes, VMOD 2.0
    Favorite JDSs: Kayfun Lite, GP Spheroid, Penelope, UFS, Vapage Shifu atomizers
    Juice: Ahlusion, GoodeJuice House Brewed, and Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com

probably the same ones stealing my money all the time since I always seem to wake up broke!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast