Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Need more vapor! help! what is best set up?

Question Need more vapor! help! what is best set up?

HI, i am new to E-cigs, before i found this forum i bought of course the wrong e-cig for me, a NO.7. Definately not strong enough for a 2+ pack a day smoker who wants to switch over. Their menthol nicotine tastes great but not strong enough for me (they dont tell you the mg.'s of it) and definately not enough vapor and i almost turn blue trying to get a decent drag! What is the best E-cig or set up that i can refill myself? I dont mind a bit of nicotine flavor in my mouth but dont want a flood either lol i got one the other day trying to mess with their unfillable cartomizers. (trying to experiment lol) The vapor out of them just doesnt satisfy me at all, and i drain a battery in no time. I got refillable cartridges but they forgot to include the atomizer i ordered. I dont need to have anything that looks just like an analog. I want something more functional for me and my level of smoking! I love vapor! And def. need a bigger nicotine hit! I wish i found this forum before i ordered from them! Your help would be very appreciated! Thank you!
    Riverboat likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A VV Provari- Joye SR 510 attys- AW batteries- Pila charger- Innovapors 100% VG 36mg nicotine e-liquid-Topped with a SuperTmanufacturing T-Drip tip...
    This setup will rock your vaping world, it gives you plenty of vapor and nicotine for your fix..
    Direct dripping still works best for taste and performance..
    This setup will cost you a few bucks, but in the long run will save you money...
    It will be the last Mod will ever need... Super Performance...

Provape.com For the Provari, Genuine Joye attys, the Pila charger, and AW batteries
    Innovapor.com For the Ultrapure e-liquid.. Use the code ECF20 for a discount
    SuperTmanufacturing.com For the the T-tips they also have the best battery prices around.
    Last edited by Riverboat; 05-29-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    peechykins likes this.

Thanks river boat sounds great.. but what site should i go too, to set this up?
    thanks!
    Last edited by peechykins; 05-29-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    Riverboat likes this.

depends on your budget for less than 200 a bottom fed box mod gives very good vapor

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

First question is, do you absoutely need something the size of a cigarette? Or, would you be o.k. with something the size of a Sharpie marker? That's going to make a big difference in your battery life, and can also make a big difference in the quailty of your vapor. It's especially important for a 2+ pack smoker.

Small batteries have limitations that no manufacturer can get around. It's physics. The best cig-style e-cig out there, the Volt from Smokelessimage.com will have a battery that lasts maybe 3-4 hours. A larger unit will give you 10-12 hours or more.

Batteries are rated by capacity and voltage. Capacity is designated by mah. A 1000mah battery will last 4 times longer than a 250mah battery. As a rule of thumb, you can expect about 1 hour per 100mah.

There are two models of e-cigs that are recommended most often to newish vapers by the veterans on this site. They have been time tested and have had the most successful track record. Everyone has their favorites, and you will be inundated by opinions from people who are all bubbling over with enthusiasm about their first "real" e-cig, or the lastest advanced model they just paid $200 for and are convinced is the be all and end all of vaping.

But if you want maximum vapor, refillable cartomizers, and a no-fuss economical e-cig, two models stand out. One is the Volt. I only recommend this one if you absolutely must have something cigarette-sized. It is the best of a poor performing class of e-cigs. You can also buy blank cartridges (cartomizers) so the issue of nicotine strength and/or flavor and vapor production can be addressed by what juice you use.

The other model, superior to any cig-style e-cig is the kGo. It is based on another lower powered model called the eGo, but it comes with no fincky "systems" for juice delivery to the heating element. It wasn't designed to make you buy cartridges or atomizers or juice tanks from the manufacturer. It's compatible with virtually all types of juice delivery systems and you will easily be able to find the attachment that gives you the vapor production you're looking for. And it's inexpensive and dependable. The battery is 1100mah and will last you about 10 hours between charges. Kits come with 2 batteries so you can use one while the other is charging.

This site has a variety of kGo kits. All come with the basics of 2 batteries and a charger. The differences are in the included accessories. I would recommend you get the atomizer kit and add 2 boxes of 5 cartomizers. Then, you can get juice from anywhere to fill your cartomizers. With that, you will have a couple months, at least, worth of supplies to get you started in a serious way. Here is a link to one vendor. There are others with similar kGo kits.
    KGO
    peechykins likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by peechykins View Post
    thanks!
    I posted them in quote above.. Some people think this setup is to much for a Noob, but I belive in starting off right...
    On May 31st Provape will be selling the Provaris with a Green Led...
    If you order one make sure to get the extended cap so you can use the AW 18650 battery, this will give you true all day battery life...
    Go for the full size Provari, I have the Satin Black with Blue LED, The finish is very durable(cermaic coating used on firearms) and shows no fingerprints....
    Last edited by Riverboat; 05-29-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    peechykins likes this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by peechykins View Post
    thanks!
    You will be pushing $300 for that setup. If that's in your budget, it's a very good set of equipment. If not, there are reasonable alternatives. Some people, known as Provangelists, spend all their time on this forum preaching that that if you don't drop $300 on a Provari and the top of the line accessories, then it's a waste of money. Just keep in mind that it's not necessary, or even the best for everyone. There are perfectly good alternatives if you don't feel comfortable with that level of expenditure.

Also, keep in mind that "direct dripping" involves dripping a few drops into an atomizer, taking 5 or 6 puffs and repeating the process. It gives the best flavor, but it's not something you're likely going to want to do as a regular thing if you're a 2+ pack smoker.
    It's inconvenient and impractical under most everyday situations. Driving, for example.

If you do want to explore "dripping" there are atomizers specifically designed for it, and the aforementioned Joye 510 is not one of them. Unless you are willing to learn about volts and amps and ohms and watts, the Provari may be overkill and you won't really be able to take full advantage of it. It's an advanced PV and not for everyone, especially those just getting started with the larger e-cig models.
    Last edited by sailorman; 05-29-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Riverboat, peechykins and antfuzz like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    You will be pushing $300 for that setup. If that's in your budget, it's a very good set of equipment. If not, there are reasonable alternatives. Some people, known as Provangelists, spend all their time on this forum preaching that that if you don't drop $300 on a Provari and the top of the line accessories, then it's a waste of money. Just keep in mind that it's not necessary, or even the best for everyone. There are perfectly good alternatives if you don't feel comfortable with that level of expenditure.
    Sailorman is right, I one of the worst offenders..lol
    But it really is a good setup... There are other(cheaper) ways to go... Lavatubes and Volts are suppose to be ok?
    My biggest sugesstion is to make sure you get a Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod.
    Now the juice I suggested I stick behind 100%... 36mg really works well for someone just comimg off real cigarettes... 100% VG keeps it smooth and produces lots of vapor....
    Last edited by Riverboat; 05-29-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    peechykins likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You seem to be a good candidate for the Provari, as others have noted. It will cost you but from everything I've read, it's worth it.

If money is tight I'd recommend the KGO with 24mg or 36mg juice in a 70/30 or 80/20 PG/VG ratio because it sounds like you need a decent throat hit, which you won't get with 100% VG.
    peechykins likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by VapingRulz View Post
    You seem to be a good candidate for the Provari, as others have noted. It will cost you but from everything I've read, it's worth it.

If money is tight I'd recommend the KGO with 24mg or 36mg juice in a 70/30 or 80/20 PG/VG ratio because it sounds like you need a decent throat hit, which you won't get with 100% VG.
    100% VG at 36mg does give some TH.. I did try a VG 70%/PG 30% 36mg juice once... Talk about TH... HOT...
    peechykins likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast