E cigs and airport security
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: E cigs and airport security

Default E cigs and airport security

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems taking an e cig/digital cig thru airport security. They r so picky about what u can or cannot take thru. I don't want to have to throw away my vapor if they have issues with it. Last yr they made me throw away a new, unopened bottle of water. Just wondering if anyone knows the "rules" or regulations about this sort of thing.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've flown many times with mine and have never had a problem. I usually treat bottles of juice like any other liquids and put them in a separate zip-lock bag. I have forgotten a couple of time, though and no one mentioned a thing. I did have them want to check out a device after it went through the scanner. Oddly enough, it was the pen cap eGo that looks less like an ecig or detonator than any other device. Once I told them what it was, I was on my way with no issue.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've flown several times...never had an issue (but the water...now THAT'S dangerous...forget the undetermined liquid....the batteries and wiring...those are totally safe LOL)
    Pathfinder likes this.

Last T/C 1-31-12

Check out this thread here.

Just flew no hassle at all, I put my juices in my checked luggage just to be safe. Had two battery's and some carto's+a stardust In my Cary on when I went threw the actual chech point, I thought they would at least ask or look but no nothing lmfao
    Last edited by Birdmann; 06-02-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran mooreted's Avatar

I travel a lot for my job. The TSA never even blinks. International borders might be different, but no issues at all domestically.

Full Member Verified Member

I have had the same experiences as cyberwolf. I had a CVR in a jacket pocket and they asked to see it. They didn' know what it was and as soon as I told them I was on my way. Once at JFK and a similar experience in Europe. I usually pack most of my liquid in my checked bag and carry very little ejuice on the plane. But plastic bags with small quantities should work fine. Happy travels.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

once i got checked because i had 20 or so cartos in a snap-loc container and they thought they were bullets

tsa guys were really old tho
    THE MORTAR........ Solid Brass construction with copper post contacts.just pure raw power !!!!

Super Member ECF Veteran Forkeh's Avatar

Keep the liquid in your carry on to a small amount (30ml should do you right? lol), and put any more in your checked baggage. You should be alright. The most they'd do is probably ask you to turn on the device and demonstrate, like they do with most odd looking electronics.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Carry your batteries and mods in your carry on. Separate the batteries from your mods. In addition to separating the battery from your mod, I would suggest a small label applied to it, and then packed in another clear quart sized zip bag (like with liquids) - along with any other small electronics you plan to take in your carry on, including Ipods and the like. Placed appropriately in your carry on, it isn't likely to snag too many questions, if any. Your quart size zip bag of liquids (including e-liquids) goes on the very top of your carry on, so it can be pulled out quickly and placed separately in a scanning bin at the security checkpoint. Directly underneath your liquids bag, you need to have your spare shoes - if any - that you are taking in your carry on. You do not have to remove them for scanning, but do need to leave your bag open for when it is scanned in case the security folk want to look closer. Yep, your spare shoes will be on top of your change of clean clothes. Then, directly under those spare shoes, have your quart zip bag of small electronics.

Granted, I use 808 batteries for the most part and they probably get the least double looks, but if everything is packed carefully with consideration for the security folks, there is much less chance of anyone getting suspicious of your gear. I traveled with two pcc's, 2 carry cases with 4 808's each, and two different usb/wall adapter charging units without any problem at all, packed in the quart bag along with my Nano and a hand held game. What really surprised me, though, was that I accidentally got myself into the line for the big personal nuke scanner (no one waiting in line should have tipped me off), and rather than collect everything up and go get in a different line, I went ahead and took my radiation dose - and I had an 808 in my front jeans pocket that I'd been using in the airport terminal to stealth vape and use in the restrooms. I just forgot it was in my pocket. And, no one said a word. No pat down, no sideways glance, just a "have a good flight," and I was on my way. As near as I could see, no one was concerned for my small electronics bag, either. (I wouldn't recommend the pocket pv as practice, though.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast