Is one eliquid brand better than another?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Is one eliquid brand better than another?

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default Is one eliquid brand better than another?

Is one eliquid brand better than another? I ask because the flea market store near me sells Dakang & Johnson's Creek. I have the Dakang Menthol 11mg and I'm not happy with the taste and it burns my throat a little. I'm going to try adding a little vanilla to it to make it work for me taste-wise. Not sure what to do about throat burn, I already had that from something else prior to starting vaping. Maybe reducing nicotine even further to a 6mg maybe? I was a Menthol Ultra light smoker ever since I can remember 3/4 - 1 pk a day.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you have some Johnson Creek TOBACCO flavors you could add some menthol to it. Use a small bottle to TEST the flavor to see how you like it. In my opinion menthol vanilla doesn't sound appealling. You could try adding some apple flavoring to the menthol and tobacco juice. LorAnn's flavoring are available at stores like Kitchen Emporium type stores. Tobacco, Apple, Menthol. YUM. But like I said use a small bottle to test the flavor. Don't just mix it all together in a big bottle until you know you like it.
    I love not smoking way more than I ever loved smoking.
    http://www.electroniccigaretteban.org

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There are so many brands of e-liquid and they're all different. It's a matter of taste and personal preference. I was also a menthol smoker and my favorite is vanilla mint from virgin vapors. If you opt for 100% VG, the throat hit is much more mellow. They offer 8 mg nicotine if you want to try stepping it down. IMO there's a big leap between 12 mg and 6 mg.

Check out the e-liquid forum and the e-liquid reviews. The best way to determine what works for you is to try a bunch of liquids. I also like the matterhorn menthol from Welcome to AltCig.com - Your Flavor Lives Here and it seems they're always have a sale. It can be a little expensive to experiment with liquids but it's worth it to find the one that's the perfect fit for you.

Eliquid is completely subjective. Generally, different brands are not better than any other. It's all personal preferance.

You might as well ask is peach pie better than apple pie.
    DC2, Caridwen and RickMc like this.

Supporting Member

Well I already know the answer to that "Peach" of course. By way of Appling GA.
    Tracey1 and TTK like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    San Antonio TX Travel the country for work

Stick with American made but after that it just your preference. Mom and Pops Vapor shop is as good as any to start decent selection and price. Good service also. Don't be afraid of experimenting try some samples there's so many great flavors!
    kaysesoze likes this.

ECF Veteran

Was a pack a day smoker of menthols. Some juice kicked my butt, others weren't enough of a hit. I've had juice from all different companies. I started with 24mg nic content and it was ok. Again, some flavors were hitting way too hard. Others were just right. Personally, I tend to stick with the clear to semi clear juices. They don't bother me as bad. I'm finally down to 10mg/12mg of nicotine. Couldn't be happier. I'm finally getting much more pronounced flavor and a satisfying throat hit. Not too much, not too little.

Point being...if you have a brick and mortar store close to you, I suggest going in and sampling different flavors. The closest to me is an hour and a half away. It's totally worth the drive/ride up there. I get to try different flavors and nicotine strengths to see what I like and what I don't. I know you said flea market store...are their juices fresh? Do they store them properly? If I go to an actual storefront, I ask that they pull juice from the back. I left juice in an air conditioned environment, but, in sunlight. It ruined about $100 worth of product. Every flavor went bad and it was unbearable. Each person is different and bad juice to me might be still ok for them. Taste and throat hit are subjective from person to person. This is just my experience.

Some of the Dekang flavors actually tastes good.. It depends on your preference I guess... most of the Dekang Flavors that are decent are their RY4 and DKTAB...

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

In my opinion there really isn't any one juice maker that is any better than any other, in general.
    I mean, it's just PG and VG and nicotine and flavorings.

So what makes one different from another is how much PG vs VG they use.
    So you need to find out what your preferences are in that regard.

And another difference is how much flavor they use, with many people liking a lot of flavor.

If I hear that a certain vendor has really flavorful juice, I wont order any.
    My taste buds are in overdrive, and I really don't like getting beat over the head with flavors.

A final difference is of course the recipes used, the flavors chosen and how they are mixed.
    There may be some who really excel at that aspect, but in my opinion it is pretty much hit and miss with any vendor.

My 10 favorite juices come from 10 different vendors, so that shows you what I think about this question.
    Last edited by DC2; 07-15-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    wv2win and TTK like this.

It depends on person preference .. So try to stick the one u like

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast