Dripping Atomizer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dripping Atomizer

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Dripping Atomizer

I have a couple of threads going and am learning so much from so many really nice people here!

But that then lead to this new idea.

When I asked about trying out new flavors, I was told the best way to do it is with an atomizer.

Now I've never used an atomizer before. I basically bought a couple of Ego Twists and a few dual coil cartomizer tanks and away I went.

But when I asked about trying new flavors, I was told to use an atomizer.

Again, never having used one before, I'm wondering which is the one that I would use? Or should I ask, what do others used and recommend?

In doing research on this new subject to me yesterday, I found that there are now new atomizers that are strictly used for dripping with no bridge. Not that I know what a bridge is, but I got the general idea from Grimm Green's video.

He doesn't recommend the dripping atomizers from Madvapes, (or was it Smart Vapes?) but like something called HH which is more expensive.

So, before I ramble on too much here, which atomizer would you recommend that I use strictly for tasting new juices, and where can I get it from?

Thanks, everybody!

Blog Entries

For tasting purposes only, pretty much any good 306 atty would work, doesn't need to be bridge-less, the bridge is exposed and easy to clean, and they vape well with good flavor.
    BigErn likes this.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    For tasting purposes only, pretty much any good 306 atty would work, doesn't need to be bridge-less, the bridge is exposed and easy to clean, and they vape well with good flavor.
    306 not 510? Forgive my ignorance. =]

In general any atomizer. The idea is that atomizers dont have a filler. So you dont get any poly or filler taste, and so that you dont have to wait till the cartomizer is out of juice to put a fresh juice in. Also anything without a filler is much easier to clean so that you can try that new juice.

Bridges give you the option of attaching a cartridge. Remove the bridge and you drip directly on the coil. Driping directly on the coil supposedly produces more vapor.

You dont need a expensive atomizer just too taste test, and i wouldnt suggest one unless you fall in love with dripping.
    Last edited by Genetics2010; 07-27-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunlady View Post
    306 not 510? Forgive my ignorance. =]
    The 306 has the same threading as a 510, will fit and doesn't have the tube around the bridge and coil so it's easier to clean. Very well suited for a testing atty....

edt: The bridge does more than just make using a cart possible, it also absorbes some of the juice, holds it by the coil to vape, instead of dripping down your arm....
    Last edited by Stosh; 07-27-2012 at 02:07 AM.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    The 306 has the same threading as a 510, will fit and doesn't have the tube around the bridge and coil so it's easier to clean. Very well suited for a testing atty....

edt: The bridge does more than just make using a cart possible, it also absorbes some of the juice, holds it by the coil to vape, instead of dripping down your arm....
    I see, low rez, yes? Under 2 ohm for the Ego Twist? I'm used to most people saying to use 1.5 ohm as far as cartos go.

Do I need a drip shield then, too? Smart Vapes site says for this one Dripping Atomizer™ 510 1.8ohm Stainless it needs a drip shield.

Thanks!

Senior Member Verified Member

I guess I can throw my question in here too, I got one of my atomizers and I think it has a cartridge/mouthpiece with some cotton stuffed into it. When I took it off, some of the cotton is still stuck to the atomizer. Should I pick off the little pieces or am I okay with just burning it off?

*Vaping Experimentalist* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Stosh is right about the 306 being good with changing juices and not leaking all over the place. The bridgeless attys are kind of a 'gimmick' in the sense as they deliver a better vapor, but they don't have anything to hold the juice on top of the coil. There are 'dripping attys' that are made especially for dripping, which have a larger reservoir to hold juice around the coil. They can be as finicky as a bridgeless 510 style though and as prone to leaking. Personally, I don't care for conventional atomizers. They are fairly expensive for what they are, and you constantly have to load more drops. I have started to gravitate more and more to the clearomizer style devices. There provide the same principle as an atomizer, but incorporate a tank anywhere from 1ml to 2.5ml to store the juice that you load up. They give you the same great taste and vapor, but last a lot longer between refills. There are some very inexpensive ones out there now that you can disassemble to clean and refill with new juice. Last a week plus, probably more on the plus side. They would be the cheap person's Vivi Nova device, but a lot are geared more for the eGo style batteries. I have been using this style for a few weeks now and am very impressed. I will try to post a few links to some nice deals on these. Give them a try.

A sample... Bauway Clearomizer (Long Wicks)

And a review of the same... Bauway CE4+ Clearomizer - YouTube

Another sample... Kanger M3 Clearomizers
    Last edited by TBinAZ; 07-27-2012 at 03:29 AM.

*Vaping Experimentalist* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

As far as your ohms question goes, the eGo Twist really doesn't give you a very good idea what is a good baseline for what you are using. I'm still pretty new to this, but as far as I have found, anything 1.5-1.8 ohms do well with 3.7-4.0v, 2.0-2.4 ohms do well at 4.0-4.5v, and anything above that is subjective but 2.8-3.0+ ohms works for me at 4.8-5.5v. The juice is the deciding factor.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I myself just got a drip shield today. Are they necessary. No. I drip on Cisco 1.5 ohm 306's. Without a shield it'll leak from time to time. With the shield you won't get juice on you. Empiremods is prolly best known for their drip shields. Of note you also need a 306 tip for the 306 attys. whereas a 510 drip tip fits inside the atty. the 306 tip fits around it.

Smoke free and addicted to vaping since July 11, 2012!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast